Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:02:07 AM EDT
You know, sometimes I wonder what I ever saw in my ex. I really do.

It's not that she's a bitch. She's just extremely selfish and completely clueless. She can't communicate worth a damn, either.

I haven't been down to see my girls for about 6 weeks. (As a reminder, I've been out of work since mid-December, and I've been holding onto every penny until that situation is resolved). Six weeks is not the record.

So I talk to her and agree to next weekend. I buy my tickets and make my reservations for the hotel and the car. I have to do this around a schedule of job interviews.

So now she's upset that I didn't pick President's day weekend (one week more).

HELLO? We discussed the weekend of the 11th, and if you've been giving me so much shit for being away so long, how is another week a better thing?

Man, I know I've got it good, and that others have true horror stories, but JEEZ!

Sorry. Just had to vent.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
What, I'm the only one?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#3]
In the end murder is easier and cheaper.  To bad it's illegal.  Don't feel to bad man.  I have TWO Ex wives

See sigline
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't feel to bad man.  I have TWO Ex wives

See sigline

Sheesh. That's one mistake I will NEVER commit.

I'll die alone rather than go through another divorce.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have TWO Ex wives

At 25?

You should stop getting married dude.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#6]
My ex let her boyfriend come over to my house and try to kill me.
[EAZY-E] He shot. (bang, bang) I shot. (bang, bang) As you can see I cold smoked his ass. [/EAZY-E]
I haven't talked to her in years.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:14:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have TWO Ex wives

At 25?

no no no it's all part of my master plan.  I'm trying to get all the divorces out of the way before I hit 30.  THAT WAY I can have a good calm life after 30
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
[EAZY-E] He shot. (bang, bang) I shot. (bang, bang) As you can see I cold smoked his ass. [/EAZY-E]

I would like to hear more about this story.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#9]
My first wife actually shot me.

Crazy bitch was too shaky to hit me where she wanted though....

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Most all women are petty and vindictive, motivated primarily by jealousy and greed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't have an EX..   But I know my wife is GD Difficult !   ; )
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Would they be  EX-WIVES if they were NOT difficult !?!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't have an EX..   But I know my wife is GD Diffuclt !   ; )

she's probably antagonized by your spelling
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What, I'm the only one?

Since my first wife and I divorced back in the late 80s, I have run into her exactly once, and we live in the same town. No kids, no hatred, just move on with life. Sorry that you are having problems in your situation.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:34:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Most all women are petty and vindictive, motivated primarily by jealousy and greed.

Sigh. Its sad 'cause its true.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#18]
So many stories.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:39:51 AM EDT
[#19]
My usual response to someone who would be foolesh enough to get married. www.noMarriage,com, www.americanwomensuck.com.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:40:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You know, sometimes I wonder what I ever saw in my ex. I really do.

It's not that she's a bitch. She's just extremely selfish and completely clueless. She can't communicate worth a damn, either.

I haven't been down to see my girls for about 6 weeks. (As a reminder, I've been out of work since mid-December, and I've been holding onto every penny until that situation is resolved). Six weeks is not the record.

So I talk to her and agree to next weekend. I buy my tickets and make my reservations for the hotel and the car. I have to do this around a schedule of job interviews.

So now she's upset that I didn't pick President's day weekend (one week more).

HELLO? We discussed the weekend of the 11th, and if you've been giving me so much shit for being away so long, how is another week a better thing?

Man, I know I've got it good, and that others have true horror stories, but JEEZ!

Sorry. Just had to vent.

Maybe she figures that the kids are off President's Day Monday (It's a holiday here in MASS).  You'd get an extra day with them?

Makes sense to me, wait an extra week to get an extra day with them?  

I have it the opposite.  My ex is a PITA.  Thank god for email so I don't have to talk to him very much, though.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:42:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

.....I buy my tickets and make my reservations for the hotel and the car.....

How far away do you have to go?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have an EX..   But I know my wife is GD Difficult !   ; )

she's probably antagonized by your spelling

OOPSIE    LMAO !    There..   It's fixed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What, I'm the only one?

Since my first wife and I divorced back in the late 80s, I have run into her exactly once, and we live in the same town. No kids, no hatred, just move on with life. Sorry that you are having problems in your situation.

that's the way it should be, especially w/ kids.  People who hang onto their anger and bitterness should be seeing a professional.  the divorce should be the end of the problems.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'm sorry but anyone ex-g/f or ex-wife(if i ever have one) tries to hire someone to kill me, dat bitch be layin 6feet under yo.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#26]
A large percentage of women paint this Eutopian exsistance away from the spouse. Once that never happens, they become much more bitter, and then some even want revenge for their departure.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#27]
She'd be far more GD difficult if you were still married to her crazy ass
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
A large percentage of women paint this Eutopian exsistance away from the spouse. Once that never happens, they become much more bitter, and then some even want revenge for their departure.

The wonderful "I'm just not happy" reason for divorce.

Then they get divorced and they're still "just not happy".

Hmmm..you weren't happy with your husband, you're not happy away from him - maybe the fault lies with you, lady- not your husband.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

+1.  My divorce is about to be finalized and she wants to revisit the financial side again, and have me and my retirement plans re-evaluated. This is after we agreed that I would sign over a whole IRA I started when we got married.  Now she wants to go after my .gov retirement, which she agreed to leave alone in exchange for the IRA. Plus she wants to raise my child support payments since the alimony I paid her has stopped, again as part of the separation agreement.  I have a feeling that the wonderful state of New York will bone me yet again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't have an EX, and don't expect too it the future.    

A lot of my friends have EX's and at work I have to deal with a lot of other people's EX's.  

I think they go to school for that.    

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#31]
If they weren't difficult, would they be an ex-?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  My divorce is about to be finalized and she wants to revisit the financial side again, and have me and my retirement plans re-evaluated. This is after we agreed that I would sign over a whole IRA I started when we got married.  Now she wants to go after my .gov retirement, which she agreed to leave alone in exchange for the IRA. Plus she wants to raise my child support payments since the alimony I paid her has stopped, again as part of the separation agreement.  I have a feeling that the wonderful state of New York will bone me yet again.

you may want to make a phonecall to check on your pension.  You may lose a portion of it to her whether to agree to it or not.  The wife of an LEO up in wisconsin got a portion of his pension due to the state's retirement systems rules.  If you negotiate your ex to get a certain amount financially, you may find out afterwards that she gets more than you anticipated.  Make the call and avoid the surprise.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would like to hear more about this story.

Old rapper Easy E.(dead of aids) those are lyrics from some old school shyt!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#35]
is interesting...

western civilization, non muslim, you have to have your wives sequentially..

muslim civilization you can have your wives in parallel....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#36]
My wife and I are just starting the divorce game, getting the house ready for sale, and have not
gotten to the point of money, neither of us have alot of cash and a fair amount of debt.
So far we have kept it fairly civil, just two dust-ups.
I just want the mess over and done with.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
My wife and I are just starting the divorce game, getting the house ready for sale, and have not
gotten to the point of money, neither of us have alot of cash and a fair amount of debt.
So far we have kept it fairly civil, just two dust-ups.
I just want the mess over and done with.

If you two are able to be civil to one another, you may be able to use one attorney and just get a disillusionmnet (sp?). Especially if there are no kids. Should cost you about $1.000.00.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
So many stories.

For some reason when I saw that

"This is the city, Los Angeles, California. I work here, I carry a badge."

came to mind. My Cheerios must have fermented.

What I was really thinking about was Dusty_C- next time you feel like getting married, just skip the ceremony and buy her a house!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So many stories.

What I was really thinking about was Dusty_C- next time you feel like getting married, just skip the ceremony and buy her a house!

Dusty's problem is he meets most of the women he dates in tha back of his big white ride.

"So, do you OD here often?"

CO
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
What, I'm the only one?

nope, I bitch about my ex-husband all the time.

My first question or gripe is "Will he ever grow up and become a man?"
It's all good though, I only have to talk to him for 3 more years when our youngest child turns 18, then all bets are off as far as me being nice.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So many stories.

Dusty's problem is he meets most of the women he dates in tha back of his big white ride.

"So, do you OD here often?"

CO

Nope, never took a girl home from the Ambulance, well, not a patient anyway, bagged a medic and a ED nurse or 3 but I haven't done that in forever.  Now that I think about it though, when I met both my exes, I was.  I guess the uniform did bag them no wonder I'm having trouble finding women to date, I gave up being an EMT for less than 7 bucks an hour.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What, I'm the only one?

that's the way it should be, especially w/ kids.  People who hang onto their anger and bitterness should be seeing a professional.  the divorce should be the end of the problems.

I agree , but damn it is hard as hell to do some times .
Everytime you try to talk to your kid or see your kid and the ex just keeps going off about old crap or says no you can't see them , no you need to sign these papers so my new husband can adopt . No nothing maters just sign the papers . It gets frustrating to say the least .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Sounds familiar
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Everytime you try to talk to your kid or see your kid and the ex just keeps going off about old crap or says no you can't see them , no you need to sign these papers so my new husband can adopt . No nothing maters just sign the papers . It gets frustrating to say the least .

A lot of that goes into how good the relationship  was before the breakup, and how well the divorce proceedings  went. A woman who felt she was treated  like garbage, and a lot of guys here make it clear thats how they view women, isn't going to want to put up with any BS now that she isn't married to the guy any longer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have TWO Ex wives

At 25?

I have a friend who is 20 and has had 3 wives.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#46]
No wife, no kids, waited till I was 32 to get married.
Sometimes I wish I had waited till I was 34, that's when I was in New Zealand on the Navy's dime....

Me -->     <--Wife
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of that goes into how good the relationship  was before the breakup, and how well the divorce proceedings  went. A woman who felt she was treated  like garbage, and a lot of guys here make it clear thats how they view women, isn't going to want to put up with any BS now that she isn't married to the guy any longer.

I agree , but it works both ways .I realy don't want to deal with her shit any more , but I have no choice but to bite my lip and take it to try and be a part of my daughters life .  And I am sorry but when all is said and done questions like .
"Can I see our daugter?" " How is she doing?" "What is the best time to call to talk to her ?" and things of that general nature do not in any way shape and form cause a problem unless the ex psyco path is just that .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#48]
My parents hated their Ex's. I heard about it since I can remember. The first one died and the one left was declared the winner by default.
Dont forget to keep playing the game till someone wins, its good for the kids.

ETA This was directed towards the asshats that thrive on the fight ,not on the person just trying to help the kids .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Honestly, I think that in the US today, the woman makes out way better than the guy in a divorce, no matter how much at fault for the divorce she is.  The courts seem to think that it's still the man's responsibility to take care of her, which is total BS.  Women are adults, and they should be able to take care of herself.  I can't go into court and say....well...I think she should still have to give me $ because she makes more than I do, and I think that I earn 1/4 of her income.  That wouldn't happen.  It shouldn't happen for women eithor.  You split, your incomes are your own, your retirements are your own, you split all the liquid cash down the middle, after selling the home, you split the profit 50/50.  Child support is only what the primary caretaker's actual expenses prooven by reciepts, and with reasonable costs figured out this way:  Total expenduature split in half is what you pay in child support.  I bet a lot of women would quit running to court when that went into effect.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll die alone rather than go through another divorce.

You have friends that will stand by you.

Indeed. I'm blessed.

After seeing some of the stories here, I have a new appreciation for what I already knew: It could be MUCH worse.

As for how far, and the weekend in question, I'm coming in from Washington DC via Raleigh/Durham. It would be from Laredo, Texas, otherwise. While the long weekend would give us another "full" day, the fact is that their school is from 8:30 to 2:30, and I'll be bringing them and picking them up. I'll also be staying an extra day, and getting to see them in Ballet and Karate, which I haven't seen yet (karate, anyway).

It's all cool. She's just being a PITA because she knows it bugs me, but it won't forever.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top