Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:18:54 AM EDT
I took this from the Saiga-12 forums.

One of the members received an e-mail asking for money from huntersandshooters.com (leave cold). They are an ANTI_GUN group posing as defenders of the 2nd amendment.

Here's an excerpt from their website about self-defense in the home:

The American Hunters and Shooters Association does not promote nor do we discourage keeping a firearm in the home for self-protection. We believe it is inappropriate for anyone to make a one-size-fits-all recommendation that an individual in Maryland, Texas, California or Massachusetts should or should not keep a firearm in the home.

In deciding whether a firearm in the home is a risk or a benefit, four common sense factors must be considered:

Is a firearm in the home more likely to be used to protect its owner or is it more likely to be used against a member of the household?
How frequently are guns used for self-protection?
How effective are handguns when they are used for self-protection?
Overall, how safe are guns in the home?

There are certain factors that weigh heavily against keeping a gun in the home for self-protection. One of the most widely quoted statements about guns is that a firearm kept in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than an intruder. This comes from the Journal of Medicine in 1986, following a six-year review of gunshot deaths in Seattle, Washington, conducted by Dr. Arthur Kellermann and others. The validity of this study in determining the value and risk of firearms for home protection has been questioned. The Kellermann study focused only on defensive gun uses where the criminal intruder was shot and killed. Instances in which intruders or assailants were wounded or frightened away were not included.

Keep your eyes peeled for these asshats.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:20:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:24:13 AM EDT

Well, I didn't get the memo on this...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:32:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:58:44 AM EDT
Democrats set up fake organizations to support gun control policies: johnrlott.tripod.com/2005/08/democrats-set-up-fake-organizations-to.html
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:03:01 AM EDT
If you can't win with your real position on an issue. Lie.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:27:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tc6969:

Originally Posted By mcnielsen:

Well, I didn't get the memo do a search on this...

fixed it for ya.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=431860

Aw, Damn it! I did a search in the last 7 days for threads with the word ANTI in them. This thread is 8 days old!

OK, send the Dupe police in to arrest me!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:34:22 AM EDT

OK, send the Dupe police in to arrest me!!!

How about this.

or this

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:35:39 AM EDT

This comes from the Journal of Medicine in 1986, following a six-year review

A study from 25 years ago??
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:42:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WyattEarp:

This comes from the Journal of Medicine in 1986, following a six-year review

A study from 25 years ago??

And it wasnt Seattle, it was 2 smaller suburbs or towns in Washington state that only looked at deaths, not woundings, or scare offs by brandishing, and included suicides.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:43:40 AM EDT
So use the "contact us" feature on their site and tell them how you feel. I did.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:24:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Grunteled:
If you can't win with your real position on an issue. Lie.

That is the Democrats motto. Actually, you can get rid of the first sentance. The Democrat's motto is just "Lie".

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:29:24 AM EDT
From their web site

National Alliance of Stocking Gun Dealers: “Do something about the `gun shows.' Either shut them down or regulate them and restrict their activities to legal transactions in firearms.

Am I missing something here? It sounds like gun shows are illegal by that statement.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:48:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By efpeter:
From their web site

National Alliance of Stocking Gun Dealers: “Do something about the `gun shows.' Either shut them down or regulate them and restrict their activities to legal transactions in firearms.

Am I missing something here? It sounds like gun shows are illegal by that statement.

Yeah, plus they support the .50 cal ban among other "reasonable gun control issues"
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:58:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By efpeter:
From their web site

They think gun shows take away from THEIR sales. They go after kitchen table dealers with the same zeal.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:02:34 AM EDT

Well, I didn't get the memo do a search on this...

fixed it for ya.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=431860

For fuck's sake man.. Some of us don't spend 24 hours a day on the Arf. We don't see every thread. I'm glad he posted this. I had never seen anything about it.

If we've got 10 threads about the halftime show on page one, that's one thing.. Dupe Nazis have at it.. But when a guy is posting something helpful to the community GET A FUCKIN GRIP! Some things bear a second look.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:40:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:11:31 PM EDT

Old news.

+1
Top Top