Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Children are a bad economic investment.

Conversation with a coworker:

P: You just don't understand. When you look into their eyes and they say "dad", it's just, wow. So worth it."
Spade: Yeah. I'll be sure to think of that when I'm on my boat off the Virgin Islands.

Make sure to think of that when you become a ward of the state, abused by a nursing home employee.
You might be wishing you had kids, who would take care of you in their house, who would come and see you in your final days.

That is the worst reason EVER, to have children.  State nursing homes are FULL of people who have kids - their kids just don't care.     By not having kids, Spade might be able to afford a fancy-shcmany old-age home, with Thai massage girls and vodka-martinis IVs.  

Not saying that's your reason, but just saying I've heard that one before, and it boggles my mind.  

+1

I hear that quoted more than anything else about reasons to have children.  Pretty dumb if you ask me and ultimately a selfish motivation.

Have 'em if you want them.  I will probably have some eventually but I want to enjoy my life and money before both are devoted to children.

I agree with you there, I like hunting all over the world, and africa aint cheep...

Kids someday, but today is play day in the woods.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Pro-- you have wife and kids.

Con-- you don't.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#3]
You know I really gotta say this thread is great. I was NOT ready for kids but one day you get the "Im Late" speach and your life forever changes. I respect those that do not want children and stick to their beliefs.. Hey, Not EVERYONE wants to be a mom or dad and I can really respect that.

I knew I wanted to be a dad and therefore the decision is easy. It is DEFINITELY a mindset that you have to KNOW you want and it is a life commitment. BOTH ways. If you wanna be a parent.. . you are thrust into a lifetime of worry, fear and joy. If not, you are in a life where you will be in with no one to carry on your name (IF that is what you wish)

I dont chastise peoples choice when it comes to parenthood... I respect it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top