Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:48:58 PM EDT
delayed or thwarted?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF are you thinking?  Do you really think this one isn't going to be locked too?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
what grounds for a lock?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what grounds for a lock?

Maybe SPAMMING?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess you did not see any of the commercials.............
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
how is it spamming? This is a real thread in follow up to a real concern that was held here for the last couple of weeks?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
IBTL

ETA...The thread about this is just bad timing.

It would be an interesting thread, because you know terrorist would like to hit us.

And when events like this go off without a hitch.......it shows how good the.gov are doing protecting the public.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't some "expert" say that the most likely next date for an attack here was on 6-6-06?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Didn't some "expert" say that the most likely next date for an attack here was on 6-6-06?

Was that one of the "retired Captain (O3)" military experts on the networks or a Bible code expert?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
how is it spamming? This is a real thread in follow up to a real concern that was held here for the last couple of weeks?

And a follow up to this thread

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=434522

which was a follow up to a trashed thread.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#11]
According to Seattle fans, the terrorists were dressed in stripes.

I kill myself.   The fans are full of shit, and I hate football, but it was called fairly.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#12]
oh shit...another locked thread...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was that one of the "retired Captain (O3)" military experts on the networks or a Bible code expert?

I think he was Intel, he was saying that THEY will probably pick a date with some significance
I am pretty sure he was not choosing that date to feed his personal "religious beliefs"
But, I don't think anyone can predict the exact date with any certainty except the perps

There are lots of predictions by lots of people, I remember that one because it "rang true" to me, we'll see
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#14]
ibtl
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted: delayed or thwarted?
It was thwarted because the terrorists were distracted by the GoDaddy girl.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Can we not speculate that security was more than adequate for this obvious target?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Actually, I think that lawdog posted a thread about that awhile ago.  

SBG
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#18]
what are you talking about?  It happened in the entire first half.  The Referees made a mockery of the rules of a great American insitiution.  Those leftist commie west coast Seahawk fans have been Jihaded.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
what are you talking about?  It happened in the entire first half.  The Referees made a mockery of the rules of a great American insitiution.  Those leftist commie west coast Seahawk fans have been Jihaded.

Hey buddy, you're stealing my thunder....my post was funnier.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey buddy, you're stealing my thunder....my post was funnier.

You're right yours was better, unfortunately for me I didn't read it before I posted mine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
why did no terrorists attack?

1) they got a look at Aretha Franklin and their jaws dropped, locking in place, and they could no longer communicate to coordinate the attack.

2) still arguing about the early  pass interference call in the end zone.

3) all terrorists died laughing at the Rolling Stones performance.

4) Figured Detroit hoodlums would riot and burn city, saving them the trouble of an attack.

5) were so touched by the Clydesdale pony commercial they all converted to Judaism.

6) were bored to death by the worst football performace ever.

could go on and on and on...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I was as unimpressed by the lack of "skin" commercials and the performances on the field
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#24]
NFL official told the terrorists to go home because there was already enough lying, cheating ,and steeling from them and that they would only get in the way! LOL!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#25]

They decided against it because while on route to the stadium, the terrorists passed through Hamtramck and figured Detroit had already been hit by a WMD.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#27]
You see what happens when you get your news from Joseph Farah's World Nut Daily??

You folks need to switch to an honest and unbiased news source.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That wouldn't be the same self-styled "experts" that thought Las Vegas was going to be invaded by aliens six or eight months ago would it?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's an effective anti-terror operative. Al-K-Duh is probably surfing GoDaddy's website and watching the "Web Only" versions of the commercials.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Hell, it's Detroit...maybe the terrorists got mugged.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
NFL official told the terrorists to go home because there was already enough lying, cheating ,and steeling from them and that they would only get in the way! LOL!

Another who doesn't read anything before posting.

That joke was taken  on the first page, go find yourself another.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
They decided against it because while on route to the stadium, the terrorists passed through Hamtramck and figured Detroit had already been hit by a WMD.

Isn't that the truth.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#33]
it was called the half time show
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Jack Bauer stopped them just in time.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I was concerned about something happening there myself. Frankly if we get to Wednesday without any problems I'll start thinking we're relatively safe for now and drop my alert level one notch until I hear more.

The timing of the Zawahiri and bin Laden tapes had me concerned, but all it did was convince me to have my house full of food (that we'll eat anyway), bottled water (which we'll drink anyway) and have gas in our vehicles. T

I live North of Detroit but South of Selfridge ANG base... The F-16 patrols started yesterday morning and both jets and prop planes were running last night until about 1:30 this morning. Racetrack pattern, regularly repeating every, oh, 20 minutes or so. Choppers too, Jet Rangers to those Coast Guard choppers (Dolphin?).

I am glad nothing happened but don't think we're truly in the clear until Weds. YMMV, take that for what it's worth, IMHO, MARPAT, Lootie, BBQ, etc.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#36]
never was planned for the 5th, its tomorrow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top