Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/5/2006 3:05:16 PM EDT
Friend of mine in my fire team had a digital audio recorder in his pocket during a battle, he got some neat stuff on tape.

Warning: first audio has civilians screaming and bad guys are actually being killed while it is happening, I dont know if anyone would be offended by hearing this, I thought I should just let people know.....

Story on this one: Going house to house during the battle, my squad runs across a big road to a house, I kick in the door walk in, see a family, get engaged from someone I cant see up the stairs, he hits about a foot above my head, a man in the family group down the stairs trys to pull a gun from behind him, I shoot him, we run out and try to throw a frag after the guy up the stairs. When we move back outside we come under heavy fire, we cant move left or right of the house. We call on the radio and get covering fire and run back across the road, thats when all hell breaks loose, when we start running across the road, the bad guys pop out and shoot as us, our covering units all shoot at them, HUGE amounts of fire. Starting at 9:10 into the audio the large volume of fire starts if you are too lazy to listen to the whole thing.

www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=1223738708.mp3

Cobra gun run
www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=1108086223.mp3

providing overwatch on a roof
www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=193888072.mp3

Us talking about going back to the house, then going back into it (you can hear an AK shooting at us in this one, also can hear us clear the house and call stuff out, kinda neat)
www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=15972465.mp3

Ill keep posting random media from Iraq as I get it.

pictures for referance.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome bro!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell Yeah . Glad you made it back dude. We need to finish this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.

Never ceases to make me smile when I hear guys go

"Ohhhhhhh sh*t!"

Quintisentially American reaction to various
situations from really good to really bad.

Holy crap that's alot of shootin!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#7]
No good guys hurt?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, can't even imagine what that was like.

Thanks for your service and Semper Fi Devil Dawg!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No good guys hurt?

Not during those sound clips.

3 Marines died in the battle, I believe 2 from 3/25 and 1 from 3/2

The 3/2 guy was tricked, came into a house, old man told them no bad guys in the house, when they walked further in, a foreign fighter fired from upstairs and threw down grenades at the Marines that came in.

The 3/25 guys didnt clear a house, decided to walk past it and got shot in the back.

They told us we/air killed around 500-750 insurgents.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#10]
and I thought I swore alot!

Anybody ever translate what the iraqis are yelling in the background?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Thats Intense.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
and I thought I swore alot!

Anybody ever translate what the iraqis are yelling in the background?

One of them is yelling allah akbar alot. The other people in the house claimed that one of the guys in the family group was thier father and crying "why mister why shoot father!". Turns out that guy was the head of the foriegn figthers in the area and not at all related to them.

Also during the whole battle they were in a mosque broadcasting over speakers JIHAD ALLAH AKBAR GIBBERISH GIBBERISH. Wish I had that on audio.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#13]
awesome stuff man! Thanks for sharing it with us
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Do they allow you to watch "Team America" over there, or is that not PC like alcohol?

I'd probably get in trouble because I couldn't stop saying "durka durka" constantly.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Do they allow you to watch "Team America" over there, or is that not PC like alcohol?

I'd probably get in trouble because I couldn't stop saying "durka durka" constantly.

Havnt seen video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2250519553705210286&q=Robert+Rusch have ya.

We actually got bootleg team america copies from some Hadjis. Then they sold it in the PX. Someone actually bought the soundtrack from the PX and thats where I got the audio for that video from,
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey RustedAce! My computer starting playing, "Oh no snakes! No, it's a trouser snake". I thought you were announcing you were coming out of the closet with the audio clips.

Then the gunfight audio started playing. Apparently, quicktime player had cached the Bareback Mountain parody and was playing it while the file was downloading. I had to do a double take, and my chairborne butt almost fell down to the floor.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#17]
WOW.   That is intense!   Thanks for your service bro..   Be Safe over there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#18]
RustedAce
Thanks for taking the time

Tagged for a better connection
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hey RustedAce! My computer starting playing, "Oh no snakes! No, it's a trouser snake". I thought you were announcing you were coming out of the closet with the audio clips.

This just brings up the question of why you were listening to it!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted: This just brings up the question of why you were listening to it!
Uh... Someone posted it here on arfcom, yeah, that's it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Damn, can't even imagine what that was like.

To sum up: It was pretty fun.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Do our troops usually have that kind of impact?

I hope you don't mind me asking, it would just be somewhat comforting to know that there are a lot more bad guys than good guys getting killed.

Thanks for all you're doing!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do our troops usually have that kind of impact?

I hope you don't mind me asking, it would just be somewhat comforting to know that there are a lot more bad guys than good guys getting killed.

Thanks for all you're doing!!!

We faught two big battles, I believe the numbers for the other one were similiar. Also randomly we would kill bad guys who ran check points with car bombs etc. I would like to see a study on how many badies America has killed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Dude, you boys must have to have a dump truck follow you around just to carry your nads....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#25]
DAmn thats some sweet audio. Thank you for your service
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
DAmn thats some sweet audio. Thank you for your service

Your welcome.

2 more added.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Robert,

It would be outstanding if you broke in and narrated the events as they occur on the tape as it is seriously confusing on the large audio download.

I hear alot of children and women crying and one male voice going on and on...

To follow it, while listening to you overdubbing audio commentary would be insane man...

Just a suggestion.

And you and your fellow Marines have my undying respect and thanks.

Good job, sir!

Dram sends
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#28]
What are the loud explosions? Grenades?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Robert,

It would be outstanding if you broke in and narrated the events as they occur on the tape as it is seriously confusing on the large audio download.

I hear alot of children and women crying and one male voice going on and on...

To follow it, while listening to you overdubbing audio commentary would be insane man...

Just a suggestion.

And you and your fellow Marines have my undying respect and thanks.

Good job, sir!

Dram sends

I tried to narrate as best I could with the paragraph before, the first shots right before the screaming starts are me getting shot at and returning fire. Just ask if you want anything else explained better. I am not tech savvy enough to narrate.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Alot of them are tanks shooting, some are grenades. There was a tank shooting like 10 feet from my head during some of that, I am so deaf now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Why are the same people just constantly yelling and whining in the background (5 min area)?  Why don't they shut the hell up?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#32]
TAGGED
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#33]
tag x eleventy billion
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Why are the same people just constantly yelling and whining in the background (5 min area)?  Why don't they shut the hell up?

They probably dont like tanks and shit shooting next to them? They probably dont like the bad guy who was in there with them being blown away and laying in there bleeding out in the room? I dunno! hahah.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Havnt seen video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2250519553705210286&q=Robert+Rusch have ya.

We actually got bootleg team america copies from some Hadjis. Then they sold it in the PX. Someone actually bought the soundtrack from the PX and thats where I got the audio for that video from,

sweeeeet.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:35:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They probably dont like tanks and shit shooting next to them? They probably dont like the bad guy who was in there with them being blown away and laying in there bleeding out in the room? I dunno! hahah.

It's so irritating that i would want to shoot them! lol
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:38:02 AM EDT
[#37]
dude this is aweseom
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alot of them are tanks shooting, some are grenades. There was a tank shooting like 10 feet from my head during some of that, I am so deaf now.

Is that permanent?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#39]
I think it's safe to say that most hearing damage is permanent.  The pressure wave off a 120mm cannon is a little over kill for the humane ear.

Do you guys wear any ear protection at all?

I would think the electronic ear muffs would be common by now but maybe they get in the way or something.

Anyone there use the electronic inner ear plugs?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#40]
I tried to narrate as best I could with the paragraph before, the first shots right before the screaming starts are me getting shot at and returning fire. Just ask if you want anything else explained better. I am not tech savvy enough to narrate.

No sweat RustedAce,

It would just be awesome to hear you overdubbing the actual sound saying ".... now here is where Hadji gets the good news when he pulls a pistol on me.. "BANGBANGBANGBANG".... and that right there is him sounding unsure of how well he liked the good news I gave him.... BOOOOM.... that noise was my hearing heading down-range with a main gun round from a tank... "

Would be cool, although just having this is incredible. Not many vets can say, yeah this here is a recording of a firefight I was in outside of "thiscity" and be able to play it. Even if they cant hear it themselves

Thanks again RA.

I sent this to my former Marine buddy that was in GW1, and I am waiting for him to listen in.

He eats this stuff up... he wanted to go back in for round 2 and finish the job..., amazing how many guys who would have chucked their whole career to rejoin if they did not have a wife with kids/mortgage etc hanging around their neck.

Dram out
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that permanent?

Word was that the Navy had come up with some treatment for sound related hearing damage, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#42]
tagged for home
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I think it's safe to say that most hearing damage is permanent.  The pressure wave off a 120mm cannon is a little over kill for the humane ear.

Do you guys wear any ear protection at all?

I would think the electronic ear muffs would be common by now but maybe they get in the way or something.

Anyone there use the electronic inner ear plugs?

I had some foamy ear plugs I was wearing before, but I lost them at some point during the battle. Thankfully I had them in when I shot my AT4, or I would be extra deaf. haha

I dont know if it is permanent or not, I can still hear ok, but much much worse than before.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#44]
tag
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted: I had some foamy ear plugs I was wearing before, but I lost them at some point during the battle. Thankfully I had them in when I shot my AT4, or I would be extra deaf. haha I dont know if it is permanent or not, I can still hear ok, but much much worse than before.
We can rebuild you, we have the technology, we can make you better.... NaNaNaNaNaNaNa....

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#46]
pics for referance added.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#47]
you sir are the man.

thank you for your service.  

hope to play bf2 with you again some time.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#48]
HOLY SHIT!!

MARINES KICK ASS!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#49]
tag for home, thanks for posting and your service to this fine Country and it's people.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Dude
your the man, thanks for your service and stay safe!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top