Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#1]
A draft.  I doubt it.  Do you know how long it would take to train conscripts to deploy/backfill slots here at home.  More time than we would have in a pinch.  More likely IRR [individual ready reserves], retirees under 30 years, and inactve reserves would get the call far sooner than we would have a draft.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Have some pride in your personal appearence.. If you slim down, you might even get laid.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#5]
combat nutritionist

funniest thing I've heard all week
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
First off, I am not a troll. I really want to make that clear. I am not trolling or screwing around. I ask this question because most of todays youth, including myself aren't really ready to fight a war. The "Is it worth dying for?" comment was made not to sound like a hippy, but to ask a serious question. Most of the kids my age really don't care about anything other than listening to their greenday crap and talking smack about each other. To them the answer is obvious. No. They simply don't give a crap. I think it is important to realize that there is a very good chance of dying over in Iran, they would be much harder than Iraq. They have mountains and a good bit of people already wearing bomb belts. I don't think we would lose, but I think a draft may be an option if it turns out rough.

I really haven't given military service much thought. (Look at my weight, its not like I've been preparing) But I really wouldn't like to join under such a situation like getting out of High School.

Burkey,
Graduate High School, sign up for boot camp ( Marines), get your ass kicked and then some, graduate and make us proud. If you can do that, you'll never have to worry about the draft
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Those pictures were pretty funny. How about more talk about the draft?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#8]
how about you explaining your "pro gun control" stance
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have some pride in your personal appearence.. If you slim down, you might even get laid.

home.comcast.net/~bfd750/epkhld.jpg

Don't forget these classics of that pic

img504.imageshack.us/img504/2034/ff6b8a2b3yj.jpg

img504.imageshack.us/img504/6161/36d814fa3te.jpg

I wonder if that kid knows that he's an internet celebrity now.

I'd like the think that there's no need for a draft. The liberal/America hater's have tried their best to destroy our youth, but there's still a lot of good kids out there. They all don't look & act  like the idiots you see on MTV and Myspace.com.

-Scott
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

ETA: How about you explain that?

Proof below
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#11]
good job on the edit, but you misspelled anti
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Sure:

Wish I had the time to photograph all of my fine collection that I have gathered over the years, from parents and my late granfather.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~bfd750/epkhld.jpg

Don't forget these classics of that pic

img504.imageshack.us/img504/2034/ff6b8a2b3yj.jpg

img504.imageshack.us/img504/6161/36d814fa3te.jpg

"CamelBak full of gravy"

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
IRR= inactive ready reserves

they wont care if you're a disgusting fatbody, they'll just make like Gunny Hartman and run you skinny

You missed the second R
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted: I really haven't given military service much thought. (Look at my weight, its not like I've been preparing) But I really wouldn't like to join under such a situation like getting out of High School.
Don't worry about it Burkey. If you get drafted, they're going to have female drill sargeants and chiefs yelling in your face. There will be 18 year old girls ahead of you. That will provide you all the motivation you need to for physical training. You'll do more push-ups, do more sit-ups, and run more miles than you ever thought possible. The women will challenge your MANHOOD and you will do whatever it takes to make the cut because you don't want to end up sobbing in shame in a fetal position.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they wont care if you're a disgusting fatbody, they'll just make like Gunny Hartman and run you skinny

You missed the second R

I was trying to avoid confusing the guy
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#17]
There will never be another draft in this country unless aliens invade.  Even the biggest scenario's like a war with China, I can't see a draft.  Our society will not stand for it (for good or ill)

The US military has its whole doctrine built around professional soldiers.  Draftees are not professional.  It has little to do with the fact of "wanting" to be there, although this plays a role.  Most WWII units did ok.  Its the fact that training a solider to US standards takes a while.  Most wars will be long over by the time the first draftees are ready.

US fights with technology and firepower, not man power.

Don't worry about it.

Seriously start getting in shape for your own sake.  I'm 6'3" and damn near a 100 pounds lighter than you.  No pop, no junk food, no fast food period.  Water and milk, and maybe allow yourself pop on the weekends.  Eat regular home cooked meals in moderate proportions and you will lose a lot of weight.  I'd focus on losing weight, then on getting in shape later.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I've managed to annoy this guy to the point of him sending me IMs
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm really sorry I started this topic. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about the prospects of a draft and the ability of todays youth to fit the bill. (Yes, haha pun intended) I didn't want this to turn into a discussion about me. I'll admit, I'm out of shape and pretty damn fat. I'm anti gun crontrol and pretty conservative. (Yes, TRH, you caught me on that typo) I support the Iraq war, but I'm not sure that realistically I'd be all that gung-ho once I get shot at a few times by an RPG. I'm not a DU troll, I've been there a few times and they pretty much make me sick. They show no sign of logic and are really fucked up. I'd appreciate it if you stop comparing me to those people. Just because I doubt that I'd be all "Kill 'em all" after seeing some stuff, doesn't mean I'm a troll. I've been to ogrish many times and realized that it is not pretty and it really messed up, I don't think I'd like to end up like that.

So is this thread going to be about war with Iran and the prospect of a draft, or is it going to be "Do they make helmets that big" pt.2?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm praying for a draft, all the illegal aliens will leave overnight. This country will have 50% less traffic and the emergency rooms will be useful again.

Sounds good to me!

Maybe I can start to get to work on time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I have no health defects other than the fact that I am obese (6'3" 295lbs.),

Quoted:

But is it worth dying for?

What, this?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#22]
You dont have to worry about any draft.  If it came down to the point where manpower is a serious problem, most of us here would volunteer to go.  You can keep your fatass at home where its safe.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You missed the second R

LonePathfinder:

ING=Inacative National Guard: non drilling guardmember for a period of less than one year

IRR=Individual Ready Reserve: Can be a non drilling Resevist or Guard Member. An active duty member who still has time left on the initial eight year obligation and has hit the EAS date on his enlistment contract. The IRR member could also be a person on a delayed entry contract awaiting Basic Training (at least it used to).

RR= Retired Reserve. Retired from Active or Reserve service under the age of 60 and less than 30 Years service. Yup they can UNRETIRE me. In fact Sept 2001 I asked to be considered for a recall got a nice letter stating that I and 1,000,000 of my closest friends all asked to be recalled.

Burkey:

My advice is to get in shape, enlist on a delayed entry program (It takes time off the end of the contract) and serve a tour. Navy or  Air Force if you'r skeert, Army or Marines iff'n you aint.. Veterans with no obligation left are NEVER subject to a draft. Of course we Veterans volunteer in droves when the country needs us.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What, this?

www.chefette.com/images/menu/broasted%20chicken.gif

You know you're not supposed to post sexually explicit materials anymore due to BOTD rules
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm praying for a draft, all the illegal aliens will leave overnight. This country will have 50% less traffic and the emergency rooms will be useful again.

Wrong while the boys are off to war the illegal aliens will flock to this country to fill job loss gaps. Illegal immigation will stop once they suck us dry and make this country fall apart.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What, this?

www.chefette.com/images/menu/broasted%20chicken.gif

You know you're not supposed to post sexually explicit materials anymore due to BOTD rules

Those legs are fully covered!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I bet you're mommy's real proud of you there.

Fuck you TRH
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
(6'3" 295lbs.

get running fat body.

lol

GnySgt Hartman: "And, Private Pyle why can't you have jelly donuts?' Private Pyle: Sir, because I am overweight, Sir!" GnySgt Hartman: "Because you are a disgusting fatbody!"
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted: Most of the kids my age really don't care about anything other than listening to their greenday crap and talking smack about each other.
Hey, I had my wife read this whole thing and she says Green Day was popular back in the early 1990's when smelly hippies from Seattle were selling albums to snot-nosed high school kids.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
First off, I am not a troll. I really want to make that clear. I am not trolling or screwing around. I ask this question because most of todays youth, including myself aren't really ready to fight a war. The "Is it worth dying for?" comment was made not to sound like a hippy, but to ask a serious question. Most of the kids my age really don't care about anything other than listening to their greenday crap and talking smack about each other. To them the answer is obvious. No. They simply don't give a crap. I think it is important to realize that there is a very good chance of dying over in Iran, they would be much harder than Iraq. They have mountains and a good bit of people already wearing bomb belts. I don't think we would lose, but I think a draft may be an option if it turns out rough.

I really haven't given military service much thought. (Look at my weight, its not like I've been preparing) But I really wouldn't like to join under such a situation like getting out of High School.

You will be ready in about 13 weeks
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet you're mommy's real proud of you there.

Fuck you TRH

Thats the way arfcom works, if you decide to ask stupid questions you'll get stupid answers...or even more likely you'll be insulted.

I still remember my first posts here at arfcom, you need thick skin around here.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomb belts?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Fuck you TRH

can I get a reach around?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomb belts?

No, slow roasted on a spit...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck you TRH

The guy has fucking furniture "banging into each other" (LOL on the pun). WTF do you expect?
Like I said, he would sure as hell se singing a different tune if this were in real life.
He is just jealous that a seventeen year old has way more guns than he could ever dream of.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#36]
hate to break it to you son, but I've built more guns than you own.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck you TRH

The guy has fucking furniture "banging into each other" (LOL on the pun). WTF do you expect?
Like I said, he would sure as hell se singing a different tune if this were in real life.
He is just jealous that a seventeen year old has way more guns than he could ever dream of.

Uh,I would watch who you talk shit to sonny.Dude go the fuck back to DU,enjoy some nice deep fried twinkies and let the adults talk,kay
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck you TRH

The guy has fucking furniture "banging into each other" (LOL on the pun).

Actually, it's "safe sex."

And he didn't used to be so much of a dickhead. Not sure what happened.

I propose a "Fuck You Arock" pt. 2, to be initiated on TRH.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Stupid kids, and he's not really a kid either.  He's not telling the truth.  I doubt he's a kid and he is from DU.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck you TRH

Do you use a lot of hair gel and self-tanning products?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck you TRH

The guy has fucking furniture "banging into each other" (LOL on the pun).

Actually, it's "safe sex."

And he didn't used to be so much of a dickhead. Not sure what happened.

I propose a "Fuck You Arock" pt. 2, to be initiated on TRH.

That guys always been a dick head! Thats why we love him!

Wheres lumpy at?!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/pcsutton/huh2.jpg

is that thing on the left supposed to be a fart cloud???
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IRR= inactive reserves

God damn. Thats what I was afraid of

You're afraid of serving your nation?  Or are yuo afraid of losing some weight, lardass?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Tag

ETA: You all are pretty harsh on this guy...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted: The guy has fucking furniture "banging into each other" (LOL on the pun). WTF do you expect?
You can't figure out that the animation is a visual pun on Safe Sex?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Ok, I think I'll chime in here.

First off, in general, I am not a fan of our notion of the draft, for several reasons. (although I'm OK with universal service like Israel or Switzerland.)  

- If a nation can't find enough volunteers to defend it, then it deserves to lose.
- A draft would get us a lot of whiny bitches who would do us more harm than good.

If any of you think I'm unpatriotic because of that, well, fuck you, I already enlisted.

Now, with that out of the way,

Burkey, dude, seriously, grow up.  Are you really that gullible?  For several years now, at least once a year some jackass legislator, usually Charlie Rangel (D, Buttfuckistan), introduces a draft bill so that the anti-war left can scare high school and college students with rumors of an impending draft - blaming it on those eeeee-vil neocons and their imperialistic war for oil, of course.  Sometimes Rangel himself even has the balls to scare people with talk of a draft in his speeches without mentioning it's HIS FREAKIN BILL.  

Now, of course, the Pentagon, the White House, and many others always point out that they don't want a draft, they don't want draftees, and that it isn't their damn legislation anyways.  But that usually gets lost (i.e., ignored) in between stories about kidnapped little white girls in Florida and Michael Jackson's latest, er, whatever the fuck he does.

There will be no draft for Iran.  The military doesn't need or want draftees, and they sure as hell don't want someone like you who doesn't want to be there.  Any war serious enough, long enough, and big enough to require more manpower, assuming that any nation could actually be that much of a challenge for us, would probably go nuclear anyways.  Would being drafted suck?   Hell yes.  It's understandable, to me, that people might not be thrilled about joining the military.  What could you and all the other people who aren't motivated volunteers really contribute in today's professional and high tech military? The draft doesn't even have much utility in modern warfare for us because it would take so long for the first soldiers in the shortest training programs to reach the line units once the decision to use the draft was made.

But asking this question, HERE, in the way that you did, was not a good idea.  People will understandably think that you either aren't willing to fight for your country or that you think the poor widdle Islamofacists don't deserve a JDAM up the arse.  And for crying out loud, "I don't want to be drafted because I'm fat" doesn't fly, either -  if anything, the military would at least solve THAT problem.

And while we're at it, to set things straight,

- No, you can't flee to Canada anyways, that doesn't work anymore.
- The college deferments are already history, so that won't work either.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#48]
There wont be any draft, I can pull your weight for you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#49]
ugh a draft, you know how much of a pain it would be to teach those people the level of tactics we use today? Teaching reservists is hard enough, I would lose my mind with draftees.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#50]
-  If you have an AR or other sort of weapon you should be training on it, anyway.

-  Get off the couch and work out.  If you don't, your heart will stop and, you will die.
if you don't to that for you, do it for your parents, or those that care about you.  They didn't go through the trouble of raising you to watch you eat cheeseburgers and fries until you die.

-No need to worry about a draft.  It won't come.  This country will be fighting for it's life, and, you won't recognize your life here if it gets that bad.

-You aren't siging up for the draft.  It's selective service.  There hasn't been a draft in quite awhile.

-You are no more a representetive of the youth of America than I am.  I see examples of this nation's youth in almost every picture from Iraq and Afgan.

-The afore mentioned youth will pick up your slack.

-If there ever is a draft, you will be taken in, and, they will make a determination of you are fit for service.  Being fat will only subject you to a longer time in Reception Battalion.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top