Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 9:13:26 AM EDT
Why not administer worm capsules, with worms in them, to  humans as a way to lose weight?  Surely there is a sanitary way to get the worms where they need to be w/o having to rub your hiney in the dirt!  It will be the greatest diet tool ever.  

Headline:  EAT ALL YOU WANT WHILE YOU LOSE WEIGHT.  Whose with me on this one??
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell you what...

You try it.. and we'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#2]
What, living spagetti?  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why not administer worm capsules, with worms in them, to  humans as a way to lose weight?  Surely there is a sanitary way to get the worms where they need to be w/o having to rub your hiney in the dirt!  It will be the greatest diet tool ever.  

Headline:  EAT ALL YOU WANT WHILE YOU LOSE WEIGHT.  Whose with me on this one??

Already been done in the old days before they figured out medicine.
Nothing like wiping your ass and pulling out a friggen worm. It happened to my brother when he came back from Asia
A few countries still sell the things
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#5]
World record tapeworm -

Tapeworm (Longest) ----------------- Sally Mae Wallace of Great Grits, Mississippi, holds the record. On Sep 5 1991, doctors extracted 37 feet (continuous) of tapeworm from Sally. "About after 20 feet of that thing had come out of my mouth," Sally told us, "I just knew I had the record. I was really filled with joy."

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't worry about that VooDoo, we'll find a fat guy to test it.  Or maybe Rosie.  Or Oprah when she tubs up again.   My God, what an endorsement that would be!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#7]

1920s-2000: The Tapeworm Diet
Advertisements for tapeworm pills first emerged in the 1920s. Since then, a number of famous women, from opera singer Maria Callas to supermodel Claudia Schiffer, are alleged to have tried this revolting eating plan. Here’s how it works: the tiny parasite lives in the intestine of the host, helping to consume her food. The result: you are hungry all the time but still able to remain rail thin , however much you eat. One urban myth that circulated during the early eighties claimed that a woman taking a ‘miracle diet pill’ lost such an alarming amount of weight in just a few weeks that her doctors decided to get to the bottom of things. When they opened these mysterious pills to investigate the contents, they were greeted by the head of a tapeworm

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Dupe?  That was a joke....Hell, I'm serious.  Sure there are a few little details to work out.  Like teaching the worms to stay put.  I could see where these guys could be a serious sex turn-off.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dupe?  That was a joke....Hell, I'm serious.  Sure there are a few little details to work out.  Like teaching the worms to stay put.  I could see where these guys could be a serious sex turn-off.

That would probably bring an end to the requests for pooper pics.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted: Already been done in the old days before they figured out medicine. Nothing like wiping your ass and pulling out a friggen worm. It happened to my brother when he came back from Asia A few countries still sell the things
You can buy worm medication for humans from the drugstores in Asia. They don't call it the Turd World for nothing! I heard about an evil concoction that was supposed to be gulped down like Pepto, and it'll flush your insides out completely including the worms.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#11]
you can buy worm meds for humans on Ebay as well.  I've been considering putting some in the bug out bag just for good measure
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
World record tapeworm -

Tapeworm (Longest) ----------------- Sally Mae Wallace of Great Grits, Mississippi, holds the record. On Sep 5 1991, doctors extracted 37 feet (continuous) of tapeworm from Sally. "About after 20 feet of that thing had come out of my mouth," Sally told us, "I just knew I had the record. I was really filled with joy."

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#13]
too late - it was done in the 1920's....then along came the FDA....it was 2 pills - one had the eggs or larvae, the other had the poison
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#14]
If you...

Quoted: you can buy worm meds for humans on Ebay as well.  I've been considering putting some in the bug out bag just for good measure
.... you might be an arfcommer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I see our invention as some sort of freeze-dried, timed release, encapsulated, genetically manipulated worm eggs.  LOSE 50LBS. OR WE SEND YOU 3 FREE GUT STAPLES!  How could it miss?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#16]
It sounds like a great idea!
Did you ever see the Futurama episode where Fry eats an egg salad sandwich at a truck stop and it turns out to made from worm eggs?
Friggin' hilarious!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]
They did this in the late 1800's. Sold weight-loss medications that were just tape worms inside a small piece of chocolate.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Swindle - did it work?  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Excuse me darling while I push my worm back in, I am on a new diet you see and...........
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#20]
There was a Twilight Zone or Amazing Stories episode similar to this.

Basically, if you were an alcoholic, this guy had a cure. But there was NO WAY to back out.

So you take one pill and your done.

From now on, you can drink as much as you want, and not get drunk. You loose any of the "buzz" of drinking.

In the pill was a parasite, that absorbed all the alcohol in your system.

Now, you can one of two ways, keep feeding the worm and let it grow slowly over time, or go cold turkey, making it go into a dormant state (and thus swearing off the booze forever).

Good show!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Swindle - did it work?  

my cat has a tapeworm now, I could mail you a few dried segments for you to try before I give him the pills to kill the damn thing
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Swindle - did it work?  

my cat has a tapeworm now, I could mail you a few dried segments for you to try before I give him the pills to kill the damn thing

Feed em some SKOAL, it's cheaper than the vet
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#23]
No. No. No. We don't want no stinking cat worms.  These can't be your everyday run of the mill worms.  We've got to have designer worms.  Genetically engineered to stay put and only grow a certain length.  
If this doesn't work I'm working on a trachea-like tube that would stick out of your throat.  Got a few problems to work out with that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top