Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#1]
your poll suxors,the kill button is'nt there

If your Home was invaded would you Defend Yourself or be a Victim?,,,,something comes to mind Get the Maggot out of my House
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Then I would toss a tear gas canister and a shock grenade downstairs, followed by me storming down the stairs in a gas mask and full body armor screaming "NOBODY LIVES FOREVER". I would go through 10-12 30rd mags with my AR, and then proceed to hack the bloody corpse of the invaders into tiny little pieces with a machete.

I would also video the entire encounter and post it on Arfcom.

Nothing too drastic, though.

After reading all of the responses, I think this one has the best chance of stopping a home invasion in it s tracks....or atleast it would make for a great video.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Voted option 1 .... don't be a hero ... don't put your family at risk.

If you are alone .... that is another story!

+1
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If someone is doing a home invasion on your house,  the time you have to prepare and arm yourself is litterally seconds.  In my city, there was a few, and the robbers just burst through the door, and locking yourself in the bathroom would possibly do of little help because interior doors and door jambs are really super weak because they are designed for privacy rather than keeping people out, and can be smashed down pretty quick.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Plus the defense lawyers for the perps will have less to work with knowing that you were not on the offensive in your house.

There are states where that issue is not a concern.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:30:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
1. Push a button on the control panel above my head -  nearly every light inside and all the lights outside come on. The one in my bedroom comes on at 10% brightness.

2. Retrieve the Smith and Wesson 686 from it's push button mechanical safe and hand the wife the corded telephone. Push one more button and every light in the house goes out.

3. Roll out of bed and state in my loud broadcaster's voice "I've got a gun, I've called the police, get the fart out of my house".

4. Wait a couple of seconds. Release the dog, commence to hunting. Any one left in the home at that point is not there for the DVD player or VCR.

5. The police response to my house is about 6 minutes last time there was a shooting here.

Most of my neighbors have firearms, are retired a cop, corrections officers, and a couple of military. How did the invasion get though my solid frame door, up graded lock, re-inforced frame, and secondardy dead bolt?

Paul - do you have a thread going over the tech of your electrical system which provides this?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#7]
In my life experience, I have heard many stories of burglaries where the criminals returned to take the stuff they couldn't carry out on the first attempt.  

I'm not going to give them the opportunity return.  If they come into my house while I am home, I will assume they are there for a confrontation.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Some of your guys would get yourselves and your families killed.

Stay put with your family and prepare to open fire.

Attempting to clear your home alone is ridiculous.  If you are killed, they will kill your entire family.
Especially, if there are multiple assailants you will have almost no chance.  Unless you have your entire family in one room at this point how can you be sure who you are shooting at?  And that is the advantage the criminals have.  You know the layout.  However, they have the comfort of knowing they can shoot at anyone. You cannot.

Shooting thru walls at random? C'mon.

Working the action?
Great, you just gave away your position.  I never did get that one. Maybe they are not afraid....
That is my BILs plan also.  That'll scare them away....  I hope he keeps some ammo.  
Call po-po? Sure. Of course unless they are rank amateurs your phone has already been disconnected.

It's just stuff. It can all be replaced and most of us have insurance. Protect your family and stay with them. They are what matters.
Now if you have ID'd them before they break in that is another matter. Ambush.
If you see them moving from the room you are in, open fire.

Afterwards?
Depends on how it ends. I might or might not call it in at that point.
CLEAN UP, AISLE 9!

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:55:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:57:06 AM EDT
[#10]
If my family is at home. I secure the family, call 911 and be prepared to use deadly force.

If I'm home alone. Call 911, seek and destroy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:57:34 AM EDT
[#11]
where's the option for: "I'd make poopie in my pants"??????
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Call po-po? Sure. Of course unless they are rank amateurs your phone has already been disconnected.

crap, the burglars can disconnect my cellphone line?  now I'm screwed.  

I'll just hide under the bed with the cats till they take what they want and leave.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

crap, the burglars can disconnect my cellphone line?  now I'm screwed.  

Actually, it is not difficult to disable cell phone communications.

If I can do it, you can bet someone that "does it for a living" can do it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe having a pistol hidden in each of the room and readily accessible maybe the only defence, since surprise is a tremendous advantage.  I read this in Los Angeles Times story, where a family in the suburbs had a home invasion robbery where perps busted into their house, tied up everyone in the house, and ransacked their home.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd be sure the kids were secured, and that the wife/girl was on the phone with 911.  

I'd have my CX4 with a 32rd magazine of some +P hollowpoints and engage the invaders with EXTREME PREJUDICE.

Invade my fuckin house?  I don't think so.  Someone's going to die.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#16]
If I know my wife and daughter are safe, I'm going hunting.  No SOB is going to take property from us and get away if I can help it.

HH
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Counter attack.

People don't usually break into homes that are occupied just to steal stuff.  Most want a unoccupied house.  If they are there with you there, they either are very stupid (very possible) or there to kill you.  Either way taking the fight to them downstairs is preferable to forcing a fight upstairs.

You can climb out the window and re-enter where they broke in.

You can move down stairs.

You can hang out the window with a rifle and shoot them as they are leaving with your stuff.

When a country gets invaded to they hunker down and wait for the UN?  No they counter attack.  Most perps expect no people or unarmed people to confront them.  If your confrontation starts with lead flying out of the barrel they will flee...or die.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#18]
only jack bauer would be able to clear a house on his own

everybody elkse from police to swat to the miltary work in teams

Secure and defend your family first and foremost.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#19]
<-- lives alone, so no concern for wife/kids

Having said that, I'm not sure I'm gonna go roaming in the house if I think there are burglars inside.  Probably would just hunker down in the bedroom with the gun and get on the cell phone.

If it's a weird noise, or broken glass (could be the cat), and I'm not certain it's humans, I'll probably go lookin'.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The way my wife and I have agreed to handle situations like this is for me to wake her up (she sleep like a log) , for her to run into the bathroom and close/lock the door while calling 911 and arming herself with my AK that is kept in the bathroom.[/b]

DAMN, YOU KEEP AN AK IN THE BATHROOM..... WOULDNT WANT TO RIP YOU OFF!

www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/153/149/3423.jpg

Nice!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I am going to talk to them and let them know that I understand their situation and that they can have anything in my house, because I worked for it and that's not the proper way to redistribute the wealth.
Then I'll offer them some food and beverages, and if they want, a fling in the sack with my wife and daughter (or me and my son depending on their sexual orentation).
Then we'll gather in the living room and sing Kumbya (except we'll replace "my lord" with whoever they pray to).
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
1. I would wake my wife quietly and inform her of the situation.

2. Since I always have a 12 Ga. and Sig in the bedroom at night - she stays there with the shotgun.
    and calls 911

3. I make my way with my pistol quietly to the kids room and take up a defensive position as there is no defensive position to cover the top of the stairs.

4. I announce loudly that  I am armed and the police have been called.

5.  A. Wait for LEO to show up if they DO NOT come upstairs........
    B. Kill them IF they do come upstairs.

This is the near perfect response.  The only thing I would change is to try and get the kids to my room so we are all together.

That is what I would do during a Home Invastion and I'd probably do the same thing during a Home Invasion.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Here you go:

www.womensdefensecenter.com/home.htm

If you are a victim of a home invasion robbery remember the following:

STAY calm.

COOPERATE. No amount of cash or property is worth getting hurt over.

DON'T fight back unless you determine that you are in danger of being killed. Instead, concentrate on getting information so you can be an effective witness.

LOOK carefully at the intruders, even if they are masked. Is there something unique about them such as scars, tattoos, large nose? What are they wearing? Listen to everything they say, and how they say it. Catch any distinguishing odors such as tobacco, alcohol, or aftershave.

Personal home safety means taking charge of your security at home and in the community. Involve your whole family in creating a personal home safety plan that fits your family needs. Get to know your neighbors and work with them to keep your neighborhood safe.

The police are committed to making your city a safer place to live. But they can't do it alone.

To keep our communities safe, we all have to work together.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I would be an incredibly brave

INTERNET HERO!!

dooo!   doooo!   dooooooooooooooooo!

first,  i would slide open the secret panel of weapons that i kept after my stint as a CIA assassin.

even though i vowed never to kill again, this time ..... it's personal
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Counter attack.

People don't usually break into homes that are occupied just to steal stuff.  Most want a unoccupied house.  If they are there with you there, they either are very stupid (very possible) or there to kill you.  Either way taking the fight to them downstairs is preferable to forcing a fight upstairs.

You can climb out the window and re-enter where they broke in.

You can move down stairs.

You can hang out the window with a rifle and shoot them as they are leaving with your stuff.

When a country gets invaded to they hunker down and wait for the UN?  No they counter attack.  Most perps expect no people or unarmed people to confront them.  If your confrontation starts with lead flying out of the barrel they will flee...or die.

No offense bud but I'd reconsider going outside with a gun in your hand as an option.  The police could have been called by say your neighbors and you may just find yourself with a totally new confrontation you don't want.

Tj

Well obviously situational dependent.  If you live where the neighbors can't see you house....why no.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Throw on my paraclete RMV(w/ armor, soft and hard) give the GF a shotgun,Try to get an angle from the stairs, if i cant...  Head down stairs with the 330 rounds of ammo in the RMV and the weapon.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Well if the dog didn't get him I must that the dog is dead. With the layout of my home the stairs leading up are at the end of a long hall with no doors or rooms off it. Wife gets the Mossy 12ga. I take the Ar and the 1911 go to the top of the stairs. I have a linen cabnet  there, that is cover and also thats where a SKS and 20 stripper clips are. I will make my stand there and wait for the PoPo's while the wife calls 911. The boys are gone so it's just the two of us.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go kill him/them.

Kill your wife and kids? Kind of extreme...

like 'Kizor Sose'?  

/spelling?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Ok, check out this scenario, you live in a two story home; your wife/girl is sleeping with you in your bed room, kids/etc in their bed room. You suddenly wake up to the sound of a home invader. 1, 2, 3 unknown how many. You grab your AR/AK/FAL/12 Gauge, whatever makes you happy. You tell the wife to wake up, and go in the room with the kids and stay silent. The next step is what I want to know what you would do...

Call 911 on speaker phone, send the dog down the stairs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go kill him/them.

Kill your wife and kids? Kind of extreme...

Keyser Soze

<<<<<<<<<
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where the hell are the Spelling Nazis?!?!?!?!

Sometimes, it just isn't worth it. Besides, when your home is being invasatated, who has time for a bit of grammar?

If my home was being invasated I wouldn't know what to do because I don't know what being invasated means. It sounds like a combination of invasion and infestation so I'd probably call an exterminator.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#33]
considering the layout of my house, it would probably be best to cover the stairs.  there is a balcony above the stairs from which the entire staircase and the front door can be seen.  in addition, there is a landing on the staircase, which means that anyone walking up it has to walk halfway up, turn 180 degrees, and walk the rest of the way up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I live alone in a small apartment , so my plan would be dictated
by circumstance .  If I'm awake I would hear anyone 20 feet
before they got to the door because they have to cross a wooden
deck that creaks when anyone heavier them about 80 lbs walks
on it .

If I'm asleep then I know exactly where to stand in my bedroom
to pie the door and see all the way down the short hallway leading
to the room .  

As for the 911 call ......  No one is close enough to hear the shots
so it's my word against the dead guys .
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I'd invite my guest to sit down for a cup of joe and have a little chat to see what it was that I did to make them want to invade my home.

A neighbor actually did this a few years ago, then he called the police and they took him away. Results? No charges!?

AB
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Pick up phone, dial 911, lay phone down( they will come) yell verbal warnings of death to them (911 dispatch will here this) proceed to clear house in a tactical sweep manner  (Stinger light to flicker in their eyes if contact is made(causing them to see only spots)and My trusty Sig w/15rnds of whoopass). My home and I am master of the layout. I know where the floor squeeks and where it doesn't. This is if they make it past the pooch.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#37]
I would make sure the wife was prepped and ready with her 870, me with my ar. I would drop the flash-bang down the stairs, wait for it to go off and then follow and shoot anyone I saw.

The flashbang was part of a conversation I actually had with a guy!

In truth we would gun up and call 911, telling the dispatcher where we are and that we are armed. Also clearly telling them I think our lives are in danger would be a good idea. We would wait in the master bedroom and then proably scream alot as we shot at them if they came in.

Who would try to go clear a house ALONE, against multiple home invaders and leave their spouse/kids upstairs? That's just crazy talk.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Grab my CAR-15, pull charging handle, chambering round loudly so everyone can hear.

Shout loudly to soon to be ex-home invader, "OK, Pard... Let's dance!"

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#39]

your wife/girl is sleeping

Yup, now I have to stash three guns on the 2nd floor..i didnt'think of that. Actually we would get warning before they get in. I am looking at a sensor system in the yard. One that would tell us the general area they would be in.
If they did get into the downstairs there is one stair going up tothe bedroom area. I have a Berrata Storm in .45 with a lite on it. Also I will have a Cruiser shotgun I am thinking 20 gauge and my AR 15, I would think that would stop them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Step 1.  (I don't have kids, so this is theoretical)  Either go into the kids' room and wait with them or have them with us.  A few drills in this will determine what works best.  I don't want kids on their own, wandering to make victims for the perp(s) or come in the bedroom door when I'm waiting for perp(s).

Step 2.  (The beginning) Stick BHP in belt with extra magazine. Or, if my pjs are too loose, just hold it and put the magazine (15rd. ) in pocket.  Wife has her Airweight .38.

Step. 3.   Call the Sheriff, leave the phone line open and the receiver on the bed or floor.

Step 4.  DEpending on my evaluation of the situation, get one of my rifles.  No, I don't have one standing by my bed under normal alert levels.  

Step 5.  Wait for the perp. to come through the door.  Narrow field of fire.  No need for exotic sights, I can point in the direction with a BHP and it is pointing exactly where I want (tried this, so I know).  If I have my rifle, then it is pointing.

Step 6.  WHen Sheriff arrives, perp(s) get accommodations in the county jail.  (preferred result); make coffee for deputies.

Step 7.  If the perps do come through the door first, make (unfortunately) intimate acquaintance with .45-70 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Step 1:

Step 2:

with SF weaponlight.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Some of your guys would get yourselves and your families killed.

Stay put with your family and prepare to open fire.

Attempting to clear your home alone is ridiculous.  If you are killed, they will kill your entire family.

I am always amazed at how many people seem to believe they can clear a house ALONE.  It is generally a really bad idea.  The people who understand what they are talking about are the ones who stay put with the family, in a defensive position, or who have a "choke point" (Or whatever you want to call it) like the top of a staircase or a narrow corridor, that they can DEFEND.

People who WANT to play offense in this kind of scenario MIGHT be lucky and neutralize a threat, and they might be unlucky and be killed by the other intruder that they newer saw or heard.  If my family's LIFE is at stake, I am not going to rely on lady luck.

Generally, the correct answer it to call 911/hit the alarm, and stay in an easily defensible position that provides maximum cover for the family.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Step 1:

://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=32917

Step 2:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=39330

with SF weaponlight.

With a magazine too I hope.  

I'm so tactical the mere SIGHT of my AR will make the bad guys piss thier pants.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#45]
cell call 911
move to a vantage position (armed with a light off) I dont give away my position,( who knows how many there might be)
cell call my home number, after the home phone rings then
flip panic button that lights the living room, halls, den, kitchen, dining room, outside.
shoot only as needed.

Lebrew
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Step 1:

Step 2:

with SF weaponlight.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Voted option 1 .... don't be a hero ... don't put your family at risk.

If you are alone .... that is another story!

+1
Gathers the kids and wife in one spot, arm the wife, then go wait at the top of the stairs.
Unless I am alone....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Throw a dictionary at 'em.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm still trying to figure out what a home "INVASATION" is........
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top