Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/4/2006 8:24:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 8:25:27 PM EDT by motown_steve]
As you may or may not know, IDPA has thousands of "real world" tactical shooting scenarios that participants compete in. At my club's match today, one of the stages was definately geared towards law enforcement.

Starting from a behind a baricade we had to draw from concealment and engage 3 targets in tactical order on the left side of the baricade before moving to the right side of the baricade and advancing on the remaining targets for the stage. The first target in the stage consisted of a man at normal height with a "dog" (actually a small target attached to a lower position on the same stand). Each target required 2 shots to neutralize.

Oh come on...show a sense of humor!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:31:06 PM EDT
At our last match, we had a "dog" stage. Two dogs on either side of a non-threat at 10 yards on the left with with 2 more at 15 yards on the right. I joked with the SO, saying "a LEO must have set this one up". I don't think he got my joke.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:36:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cajunboy:
At our last match, we had a "dog" stage. Two dogs on either side of a non-threat at 10 yards on the left with with 2 more at 15 yards on the right. I joked with the SO, saying "a LEO must have set this one up". I don't think he got my joke.

It's an Arfcom thing...he wouldn't understand.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:45:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

Nah, must be a former cop.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:48:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LonePathfinder:

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

Nah, must be a former cop.

He is a cop!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:49:53 PM EDT
I was RO for a stage at the S&W Winternationals a few years ago. Every target to be engaged was a dog. Not one "person" target.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:54:48 PM EDT
ARGGGGG

Yet again another stage I wish I got to shoot! Jesus, I wish I didnt read this,,,,,
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 8:56:25 PM EDT by cajunboy]
It was a very trickey stage. Your first instinct is to shoot center mass, which is not the center ring. You have to shoot closer to the head to get to the 0 ring. It was also different shooting targets that low to the ground. We were doing 3 shots to each and I ended up going 2 shots down on the stage.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:01:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cold:
ARGGGGG

Yet again another stage I wish I got to shoot! Jesus, I wish I didnt read this,,,,,

I won't tell you about the "shoot house" then....

OK, yes I will:

Starting from behind a barricade you had to draw from concealment and enter through a door (actually a no-shoot stapled to a barricade in between another barricade) and engage 4 targets (2 shots each). Then you had to move into a "hallway" to your right and engage a target holding a no-shoot hostage (2 shots), then you proceeded to a "door way (opening between 2 more barricades) and from cover engage 3 targets in tactical order (2 shots each).

I thought it was very similar to a house clearing. Enter and take out 4 badguys in the living room, move to the hallway and take out another badguy holding a hostage and then take out 3 badguys in an interior room.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:11:21 PM EDT
I forget where, but I actually saw a "dog" training sim in a pic of a cop range. I can't remember where at all. SWAT thing.

They dragged a milk jug at the officer using a rope from behind the cop. The idea was to demonstrate that having an angry dog charge at you is actually a hard target to hit. Apparently the cops were taught to shoot at the dog with one arm in front of them. If they missed, they were to catch the dog's jaws with their weak arm, and then shoot it again.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:42:12 AM EDT
Damn it, you got to sweep a home invasion....that would be sweet....my roomie owes me big time. Damn it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:48:43 AM EDT
For a Glocktalk shoot that I organized:

Top Top