Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 8:16:03 PM EDT
I have been laid up since Monday night with something like the flu or a stomach virus. ANything going around or anyone else down with something?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:17:17 PM EDT
i've got a runny nose... i think it may be the bird flu. oh teh noes!!!1
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:27:16 PM EDT
Oh man... Thought I had a mild cold and was getting better. Checking out arfcom and my teeth started to chatter. Temp over 101. From what I can tell there are two versions. I had the one with out the gastro 'issues'. Took about three days until I felt human again. I'd think you should be better after five days if it is a 'bug'. I'd consider calling an MD after a week.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:32:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chips:

Do you have an undeniable urge to shit on your car windshield? If not, then it's not bird flu
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 8:48:21 PM EDT by rdnkbkr]
I have had a bad stomach flu (better now) since monday Jan 30. My doctor said that there are a lot of virus going around.

Hope you feel better soonest.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:47:24 PM EDT
A bunch of people in Houston were passing around some respiratory junk last month
some people were getting well in a day or two, some came back from the doctor throwing
around terms like "possibly bronchitis" and taking three weeks on meds to get better
(with stories about pharmacies being out of the drugs because of large numbers infected)

All the people around me have gotten well though, except for one.........
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:54:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:

Originally Posted By chips:

Do you have an undeniable urge to shit on your car windshield? If not, then it's not bird flu

If it is the Bird Flu can I have your guns?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:55:47 PM EDT
I have been sick as a dog with flu symptoms since Wednesday night. I took thursday and friday off from work. I couldn't talk right and felt like shit. Lots of sneezing, coughing, aching, fatigue, runny nose, closed sinuses, and general feeling of zombieness (please don't shoot me! I have guns too!).
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:58:05 PM EDT
stomach flu
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:59:34 PM EDT
Keyboard clap. It's getting to be a common malady these days. You get it by using a keyboard that some infected person used before you, then touching your johnson.

Honest! Lawdog told me so, and he wouldn't lie!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:03:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Keyboard clap. It's getting to be a common malady these days. You get it by using a keyboard that some infected person used before you, then touching your johnson.

Honest! Lawdog told me so, and he wouldn't lie!

Keyboard Clap.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:05:33 PM EDT
Im ok here.

Got my flu shot Thursday
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:09:12 PM EDT
Stupidity seems to be going around Indy...

Does that count?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:52:37 PM EDT
not serious but I have had a semi bad stomach cramps for about 3 days now
a whole shit load of 7up has kinda kept um at bay
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:01:57 PM EDT
Rotavirus, like the flu only worse. Had me throwing up for 2 1/2 days every hour or so non stop. Nasty stuff. Finally had to get a shot to stop the vomiting and an IV to rehydrate. Wanted to put me in the hospital but as stubborn as I am I said ok, then went home and went back to bed for a couple more days.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:20:31 PM EDT
Allergies are an illness to me.. I NEVER succumbed to them until a couple months ago. Yesterday they were pretty successfully kicking my ass
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:31:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 10:32:24 PM EDT by Spade]
On MLK day I spent about a day puking my guts out. Ate a sandwich at my sisters house at 1100 and felt fine. Got home, started puking. Well, 12 hours of puking really. After about 8 hours I, um, took a pill for the puking and it went away as long as the pill was working. I managed to lose a couple pounds in a day, and couldn't keep anything down.

The next morning I got tired and weak walking from the couch to the kitchen. I was shocked at how quickly a loss of liquids and stuff could take you down. Never happened before.

Plus I've got my usual allergies. You learn to just deal with those.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:34:18 PM EDT
Stomach virus going around here.

Squirts, some vomiting, squirts.....no appetite and a case of fever.

I caught it, my wife and my 5 month old boy. His pedi Dr. said that she has had tons of kids in her office with the same thing. My dad who is a gastro Dr. said that he too has had numerous patients with the same symptoms.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:35:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chida66:
Stomach virus going around here.

Squirts, some vomiting, squirts.....no appetite and a case of fever.

I caught it, my wife and my 5 month old boy. His pedi Dr. said that she has had tons of kids in her office with the same thing. My dad who is a gastro Dr. said that he too has had numerous patients with the same symptoms.

My wife is going through it now.

come on immune system!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:36:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BlackDog714:
Stupidity seems to be going around Indy...

Does that count?

Don't they have a shot for that yet?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:07:14 PM EDT
I caught the HN571 bird flu and the HIV from a water fountain last week, but its buffin' out nicely.

Thanks for asking!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:43:17 AM EDT
Well woke up again this morning with nausea, constipation and general shitty feeling. On top of being recoverng from back surgeries still and those making me feel likeshit this kinda doubly sucks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:46:35 AM EDT
okay.went to the doctor yesterday and he poked around my stomach and we found that if you poke my left side i kinda go "ow" so i went for a CT scan to look for diverticulitis??(sp?) anyone know anything about that and not justr the crap on WEBMD. I want firsthand accounts of wonderful cures and how i wont have to stop eating chili and beef !!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:48:18 AM EDT
I started getting something Friday, it was a little worse Saturday, and I couldn't do anything Sunday. Monday I felt better but not great, and today I feel OK except for a runny nose and burning sinuses.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:51:24 AM EDT
It's probably the plague.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:53:33 AM EDT
hanta
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:54:56 AM EDT
There's something going around.

A lot of people are sick here. I was for a few days. SHEISLEGEND was very briefly.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:02:41 AM EDT
I just got over the flu for the second time since xmas. It was awesome.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:30:49 AM EDT
this thread got irritatingly stupid after the third or fourth horrible virus or disease was named. Idiots @!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:59:34 AM EDT
There are several moderate flu strain viruses making tha annual flu circuit and there are a few gastro-intestinal viruses going around. Just like every year, they crop up in the fall and then just as things wind down people go around the country for the holidays and take them to the relatives and bring back the new ones.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:38:38 AM EDT
I heard its Blue. Someone else said it was Captain Trips. I even heard someone call it Tube Neck.

No worries. Its not fatal. Plus, there's a shot available for it, should be out early next week.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:58:16 AM EDT
My 10 year old son threw up last night, and this morning, and I have some body aches. I think my son has the flu.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:37:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WindGapAR15:
I have been laid up since Monday night with something like the flu or a stomach virus. ANything going around or anyone else down with something?

Me too, it really started Sunday and then hit me Monday. I'm still not all the way over it.

Jim
Top Top