Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 7:26:05 PM EDT
I'm listening to an old 80s song by Starship called "Sara"

Man the song sure brings back memories. My eyes are filling up just thinking about old times.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm listening to an old 80s song by Starship called "Sara"

Man the song sure brings back memories. My eyes are filling up just thinking about old times.

That song reminds me of when I was real little.  I was afraid of tornados (don't ask me why.....) and that video would always scare me when it came on.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
There are more than a few Dead songs that "take me back" to high school.

ARH

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I avoid nostalgia like the plague. Let's just say that it's a good thing that I wasn't into guns during the "good old days". If I hear a song that starts remind me too much of the past I change the station. My eyes well up too, but not for the same reasons.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Only when I watch "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer".
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, when I think about the '86 machine gun ban, my eyes get misty.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes. ... its nice to go back but dont obsess about it. Not saying you do but I did it once that put me into a 2 day duldrum.

Wanna REALLY fuck your head up? Go to like "Realtor.com" and type in your old neighborhood's zip code. Look at all the pics of homes in your old neighborhood while listening to nostalgic music.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah, there are some that take me right back to certain times when I heard them even 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes. I really miss my college years. Those were some great times. I didn't appreciate them when I was living them.

Old songs do it for me, but certain smells will bring back strong memories too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top