BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 7:00:40 PM EDT
Top 10 in Order:

10. Metallica:Load Reload tour

9. KISS Reunion show (in full makeup)

8. Van Halen 1984 Tour

7. Skynrd/Kid Rock/Hank Williams Jr.

6. Metallica: Master Tour (opened for Ozzy, who sucked)

5. Metallica: Justice Tour

4. White Zombie/ Tool/ Metallica : Summer Shit Tour

3. Iron Maiden: Powerslave Tour

2. Ramones/Rage against the Machine/Soundgarden/ Metallica: Lollapalooza

1. Metallica: Wherever I May Roam Tour (The Black Album)

Yes, I realize it's heavy on the Metallica...I've only seen them 22 times live
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Godsmack puts on a pretty good show.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]

As I said in the other thread, my favorite is Black Sabbath - in the old days.

My wife really like Elton John, Sting and Harry Connick concerts .
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
monsters of rock in 91 or 92 , cant remember lol. saw them at mainze (sp) air force base in germany. metallica, queensryche, black crows, motley crue and AC/DC. man that was a show. open air concert and we camped the night before out in a feild with thousands of other folks, was a friggin party all night long. all i remember of that night was walking around with case of beer on each shoulder going from camp fire to camp fire and waking up in the feild the next morning and having no idea where the hell i was at.. agghh, the good times.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Kid Rock '01
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't been to many metal concerts (at least not for signed bands) but here goes...

1. White Zombie/The Ramones/Supersuckers at the Palace of Auburn Hills, MI - This was for the Astro Creep 2000 album. They turned the entire floor of the Palace into a mosh pit with about 2,000 people in it and they filmed the live video for Supercharger Heaven that played on MTV. I never saw the video, but a buddy of mine and my sister both told me that there is shot of me stage diving.

2. Queensryche at the Emerald Theater in Mt. Clemens, MI - This was a great show too. First they come out and did all of their "greatest hits" and then they came back out and did the entire Operation Mindcrime album. That show sticks out in my head particularly because I was the designated driver. I drank 7 Red Bulls and didn't fall asleep until 2:00 P.M. the next day.

3. Weezer at Meadowbrook Music Theater in Rochester Hills, MI - This was before they came out with their second album. They had some band that I never heard of open up for them. It was an outdoor show during what may have been the best summer of my life (1995, just before I turned 20).
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Kid Rock '01

Saw him in '03, definatly one of the best shows I've seen.  I need to get off my ass and get tickets for the March show in Pittsburgh.....

ETA:  It might actually have been '04, I can't remember.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#9]
not metal but AFI before they got gay
Dimmu Borgir
Marilyn Manson has an amazing stage show, second only to
GWAR
Pantera
Kamelot
Mindless Self Indulgence

and someone link me this heavy metal thread, I can't search GD yet!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#10]
SLAYER

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#11]
ok, where to start... THE best show i ever went to was a gwar show at maritime hall in SF(right b4 the closed it)

GWAR has put on some great shows, good enough for me to break my leg at one and stay for 2 more hours and finish the show b4 i went to the hospital...(dumb on my part, but it was still a blast) mind u hoppin around on one leg, the other flopping painfully around....  what really sucks tho, is i was gonna see agnostic front the next night at the same venue and couldnt go.

slap me for sayin this, System of a Down puts on a decent show too. (i enjoy their music, but their politics blow)

slayer had the hardest pit ive ever been in... (not that i pit much, infact its VERY rare)

rammstein had a fun show with all the fire and phalus(phali?   seriously though, all penises aside, the pyro at their shows rocks)

Dropkick murphys was a blast too.  

been to quite a few shows, but not recently, the gwar show i got hurt at was the last show ive been to... that was about 4-5 years ago.

ill start going to more shows when i hear things i like more. seems music now days is mainly just plain ole feces.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#12]
In no particular order

GNR, Metallica, Faith No More in 92
GNR, Soundgarden 92
Pink Floyd 93
Rolling Stones 98
Offspring
Godsmack
Boston
Korn
Aerosmith
Marilyn Manson
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Rob Zombie and Korn on the day that Columbine happened.  amazing concert, kind of a mindfuck when I came home though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]
+1 on the Iron Maiden 'Powerslave' tour. Wow.  Steve Harris...

My two or three other faves:  

My Bloody Valentine at the Warfield, San Francisco, 91 or 92.  

Joe Strummer playing old Clash tunes with a backup band composed of worshipful Czech and American guys at a small club in Prague in winter 1993.  After 1 am (power had been blown out).  All night.  Wow.

Bob Mould, Warfield, with Sugar, same period, and again in Prague in '93.  

X opening for someone in Berkeley about 1986.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Of just the metal shows I've been too:

1. Metallica (all 5 times)
2. Soilwork (all 3 times)
3. In Flames
4. Dark Tranquillity
5. Trivium
6. Godsmack
7. System of a Down
8. Devil Driver
9. Mnemic
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#16]
RUSH at Irvine Meadows...yeah not heavy metal but...

They played atleast 25 songs....went forever...

Also, saw the Black Crowes on their Amorica tour....14th row....that was pretty nice.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#18]
This is easy ... Pantera
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Pink Floyd "The Wall", 10th row center at the Nassau Coliseum in 1980.

www.pink-floyd.org/artint/nassau/

Nothing has ever even come close.

You lucky, lucky bastard.

The only concert I've ever actually been to is when Blue Oyster Cult played at a local fair. And yes, they had a groupie with a cowbell for "don't fear the reaper."
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
IRON MAIDEN RULES!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Robin Trower in Tulsa 1976. Johnnie Winter in Tulsa 1976. These are the only concerts that I have been to.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Metallica, Summer Sanitarium 2003
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
+1 on the Iron Maiden 'Powerslave' tour. Wow.  Steve Harris...

HELL YEAH!!! I gave up my senior trip to go see them at Radio City Music Hall!!

WOW!! that was GREAT!

But I do have to say that Dio: Holy Diver was a great tour as well

I did see Armoured Saint/Metallica/WASP in a small night club in Brooklyn back in 1984 or 85... that was just when Metallica came out with Ride The Lightning. I was within inches of James Hetfield and Cliff Burton. MY friend jumped on the stage... not to hard to do in that club and Hetfield threw a glass of water at her and her white t-shirt... told her "Get the fuck off my stage!" and laughed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#24]
#1- Godsmack, Stone Temple Pilots, Disturbed, in Pittsburgh, '00

#2- Rob Zombie/Korn, '99

#3- Social Distortion, '99

#4- Ozzfest '96- Ozzy, Sabbath, Fear Factory, Sepultura, Danzig

#5- Orgy, V.A.S.T.,  '99

#6- Stabbing Westward, Filter, '99

#7- Lynyrd Skynyrd, 38 special, '98

#8- Metallica- Free Concert, Philly, '97
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Velvet Revolver - 05
And I'm going to see Godsmack this year
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Led Zeppelin  1977 Kingdome Seattle...........man, Bonzo could wreck his drums, and Jimmie....bowing his guitar...!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top