Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#3]
"ANIMALS RULE,....TIMOTHY WINS"  WTF?

What a fricking idiot.  The guy was nut.  He couldn't fit into society, had drug and alcohol problems, and was completely self-centered.  Sounds like most of the folks at DU.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The guy died doing what he loved to do.He died for what he believed in,which is honorable IMO.Take away the fact he was a nutjob and sounded like a homo,but he had a mission and carried it through to the end.

I don't understand why people HERE of all places can't comprehend the fact dieing for something you believe in,not matter how retarded it may seem to others,is honorable.

Simple, it is called COMMON SENSE, most of us have it, BUT there is a portion of the world that does not, he did not.

To go die in battle for ones country is one thing, to go out in the wild and mess around with a animal that is 10 times your wieght and strength, is well stupid. I can find no honor in what he did.

For the sake of discussion,some people(not me) think joining the armed forces and going into battle is stupid and against all common sense.In turn,they would find no honor to die for ones country.

This is a stupid anology,but you equated what Treadwell did to going into battle for ones country.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The guy died doing what he loved to do.He died for what he believed in,which is honorable IMO.Take away the fact he was a nutjob and sounded like a homo,but he had a mission and carried it through to the end.

I don't understand why people HERE of all places can't comprehend the fact dieing for something you believe in,not matter how retarded it may seem to others,is honorable.

Simple, it is called COMMON SENSE, most of us have it, BUT there is a portion of the world that does not, he did not.

To go die in battle for ones country is one thing, to go out in the wild and mess around with a animal that is 10 times your wieght and strength, is well stupid. I can find no honor in what he did.

For the sake of discussion,some people(not me) think joining the armed forces and going into battle is stupid and against all common sense.In turn,they would find no honor to die for ones country.

This is a stupid anology,but you equated what Treadwell did to going into battle for ones country.

You said what he did was honerable.

Tell you what, YOU go up there and play with the bears, I need another good laugh.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think it was cool that the Foxes were so freindly.  How did that come about?  Would they normally come right up to you like that??

"Where a you going with my hat?  No...Fuck!!"  "Bring my hat back!"

based on the way he sorted cheated with various things i bet he fed them..

on another note.. i would have loved to have seen him decide to change from alaskan brown bears to nile crocadiles. can you imagine him sitting on the water's edge singing 'i love you i love you i love you' to a croc just before a 20 footer lunged out of the water to drag him under?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it was cool that the Foxes were so freindly.  How did that come about?  Would they normally come right up to you like that??

on another note.. i would have loved to have seen him decide to change from alaskan brown bears to nile crocadiles. can you imagine him sitting on the water's edge singing 'i love you i love you i love you' to a croc just before a 20 footer lunged out of the water to drag him under?

I would like to see steve irwin do that
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That is the best show ever. I watched it last night and I was out with my wife today and saw some cattle in rural NV. I stopped the car, rolled down the window and asked the cattle if they wanted me to protect them in a gayest voice I could muster....the wife was rolling. I need to get a video camera now and do a documentary myself about how I'm saving the rare Nevada cows.

Man I can picture you doing that!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps, but I really think the reason he placed himself in the most remote location he could was mainly due to his drug addiction.  It really sounds like he was incapable of controllong his urge to drink and do drugs, and this was one way to stay dry.  The bear thing was something almost ancillary to give him meaning and purpose in life.  You can't honestly watch that movie and believe he didn't know he was playing with fire the whole time.  He clearly states several time that he could die at any moment and was well aware of that fact.  It was a coping mechanism for drug abuse, but a very poor one in a realist's eyes.

Oh, and there is no such thing as an "addictive personality"
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That is the best show ever. I watched it last night and I was out with my wife today and saw some cattle in rural NV. I stopped the car, rolled down the window and asked the cattle if they wanted me to protect them in a gayest voice I could muster....the wife was rolling. I need to get a video camera now and do a documentary myself about how I'm saving the rare Nevada cows.

Man I can picture you doing that!

We need video! LOL
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Worlds biggest jackass.

A must see.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#13]
On a side sode - You must visit the forums for the movie site

"Where can I get bear meat"  

Happy Meal man!

forums.lgf.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Oh and what was said about the guy who made the movie - He sounds like he's trying to imitate Arnold Schwarzenegger!  

I want to hear the audio dammit!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#14]
The guys girlfriend should have got him some clinical help,i believe he was using it to get away from his problems
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Perhaps, but I really think the reason he placed himself in the most remote location he could was mainly due to his drug addiction.  It really sounds like he was incapable of controllong his urge to drink and do drugs, and this was one way to stay dry.  The bear thing was something almost ancillary to give him meaning and purpose in life.  You can't honestly watch that movie and believe he didn't know he was playing with fire the whole time.  He clearly states several time that he could die at any moment and was well aware of that fact.  It was a coping mechanism for drug abuse, but a very poor one in a realist's eyes.

There are other places to go to get help for drug addiction.

The guy put himself in that situation cause he was a dumbass.

Ya he got some great shots of bears, yes he got to hold some fresh bear shit, he also got to know what is is like to be a little lower on the food chain.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are other places to go to get help for drug addiction.

The guy put himself in that situation cause he was a dumbass.

Ya he got some great shots of bears, yes he got to hold some fresh bear shit, he also got to know what is is like to be a little lower on the food chain.

I agree.  Just think that's how and why.

This is good though: video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5903516284967348088
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it worth my time?

Yeah.  It's a "documentary" but it should be filed under the comedy section.

+1

ABC's 20/20 did a news segment on this dude a while back.....what a maroon
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Yogi "jus can't quit ya"
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#20]
This is what I posted in the first thread about this nut.  It has film highlights so I figured I would put it in this one too for anyone that did not have the pleasure of seeing the movie:

My roommate rented this movie, basically just an accumilation of clips from his "studies". I sat in on it from time to time. Did he have an almost earie way, a gift, with wild animals? Definately. Was he a nutjob, full of delusions of grandeur, destined to end up as a steamy brown coil on the forest floor? Absofuckinglutely.

From what I did see:

He constantly swatted at GIANT FUCKING BEARS that got to close, where as a sane person would walk away from such an encounter. In doing this he stated something along the lines of "gaining the respect for the bears in displaying is "dominance". A qoute from Firesign Theatre that I find fitting, "I don't like bears, mang. I see a bear coming down the street, I turn around and walk the other way. That's how much I hate bears, mang."

Another scene, he tosses his hat to a wild fox to play with. When the wild fox takes his hat in it's jaws and runs away, this actually surprises him. He then begins to chase the fox in a wild tangeant while trying to explain to the fox how important this hat is to him. When the fox does not reply to his requests, he really begins to lose it and has a fit. Not sure if the fox eventually broke and returned the hat after having feelings of guilt.

Darwinism at it's finnest.

Oh yea, I watched the last half hour waiting for the guy to get chewed on and they never played the fricken audio!  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Guy appeared to be an actual raving lunatic.

I could not help but watch, like watching a train wreck I guess.

Everyone kept saying he had lots of women but there is no way you could convince me he wasn't 100% gay! IF in fact there was a chick with him she had some serious problems.

1 less liberal in the world.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top