Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 2:03:17 PM EDT

Well, I've been driving an old 1990 F-150 for around three years now.  I bought it off my MSgt. for $2600.  Little things have been going south on it and finally the transmission didn't wanna cooperate this week.  I know it can be fixed but for what I put into it, it just wasnt worth it to fix.

Sooo... I went down to the local Ford shop and dealt directly with the Internet Sales Manager and was able to cut a deal for a 2006 F-150.  I learned a valuable lesson... When sitting in the finance guy's office (which is being recorded by video camera for reason unknown)  and after being left alone for more than 15 minutes, if you say to your girlfriend "I'm about a gnats ass away from walking out of here right fucking now" the finance manager will rush in and give you the comprehensive wear and tear extended warranty for free that they'd just tried to sell you for $2400 AND get you a better interest rate.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!! Nice Ride
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When sitting in the finance guy's office (which is being recorded by video camera for reason unknown)  and after being left alone for more than 15 minutes, if you say to your girlfriend "I'm about a gnats ass away from walking out of here right fucking now" the finance manager will rush in and give you the comprehensive wear and tear extended warranty for free that they'd just tried to sell you for $2400 AND get you a better interest rate.

You have more patience than I.  After 90 seconds I would have walked.

Congrats on the new ride.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]
1 problem,   2WD

but then again, do you live in a city

i hate fords New f150s and 250s body design.  Too much of a city truck.  

I just got a 2005 chevy silverado extended cab 4WD $23K out the door

but hey   nice ride
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
but where is the wandering duck?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
1 problem,   2WD

but then again, do you live in a city

i hate fords New f150s and 250s body design.  Too much of a city truck.  

I just got a 2005 chevy silverado extended cab 4WD $23K out the door

but hey   nice ride

In GA there is not much need for a 4X4, unless you go off road a lot.

Nice ride...sounds like you got what you wanted at the steelership
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
but where is the wandering duck?

The original disappeared in Denver, and I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to find another one to take with me travelling to East Africa (I'm a field engineer).  The webpage hasn't gotten done yet as I've been travelling waay to much to git er done so to speak.  I haven't forgotten.  I'd like to continue with it during my upcoming travels.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Enjoy.  The day you pay it off you will be very happy.    

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
You made a good choice.
Now go buy a better camera.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Now go buy a better camera.

It was my phone.  Ironic how a tech guy can have such crappy technology.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When sitting in the finance guy's office (which is being recorded by video camera for reason unknown)  

That's a new one, cameras in the finance jerk's office

and after being left alone for more than 15 minutes, if you say to your girlfriend "I'm about a gnats ass away from walking out of here right fucking now" the finance manager will rush in and give you the comprehensive wear and tear extended warranty for free that they'd just tried to sell you for $2400 AND get you a better interest rate.

There's your reason!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice man,I want a New F150 (Like the new body style). But will be awhile before I can get one, heh I'd be happy to get any F150 right now.  

I want a 4x4 cause I plan on spending my winters in Colorado but it takes the price up quite a bit.

Nice choice
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats and thank you for your service.

Glad you got a "deal"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Very shiny.  It looks good.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice. She will treat you right. I have 150k on my 1997 F150 4.2 and she always works.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, and as an update, since I had only liability on my old ragged out '90 F-150 (shown just behind my new one), they said I would have to have full comprehensive on the new one before I drove off the lot.  So I picked up the phone and called my old trusted insurance company that I have been with since I started driving.  They quoted me $1600 or so for 6 MONTHS!  About to have an aneurism, I said "Fine Fine Fine, just cover me" and drove home.  Well, I get back and get on to talk to USAA.  They quoted me around $811 for 6 months with a lower deductible AND was able to get my renters insurance for 8 bucks a month on top of it.  

I called Geico to cancel and the Gecko lady wanted to talk to the USAA folks to see if they were offering me an introduction rate (transfer rate whatever).  So she gets me on a three way call and I am listening while they compare coverage.  And when the USAA lady says "Well $800 is about standard for that" the line went silent, Gecko lady thanked the USAA lady and when I was back on the line, she only said "I just sent you out an e-mail thanking you for your business with a cancel confirmation, your refund check will be there in 4-6 weeks).  

I love it when things work out.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you have any points on your license?  And how old are you?

I have USAA and full coverage for me and the wife on our 2003 Escape is only $382 every six months and renters insurance is $122 a year.  Hell when it was brand new and we also had a ’96 Chrysler Sebring with just liability we were only paying $600 every six months.  The wife and I both have clean driving records.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm 22 years old and with no tickets in the past 3 years.  I have no idea why Geico would wanna screw me over to the tune of an additional 800 bucks.  I am comfortable with what USAA gave me but the GEICO quote damn near gave me a heartastroke.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm 22 years old and with no tickets in the past 3 years.  I have no idea why Geico would wanna screw me over to the tune of an additional 800 bucks.  I am comfortable with what USAA gave me but the GEICO quote damn near gave me a heartastroke.

They must know you're a gun owner
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top