Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 1:09:11 PM EDT
You must use lots of acronyms! www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183809,00.html

... "Being in the military certainly raises the stakes when you choose a mate," said Lt. Col. Peter Frederich, head of family issues in the Pentagon's chaplain office. The "no jerks" program is also called "P.I.C.K. a Partner," for Premarital Interpersonal Choices and Knowledge. It advises the marriage-bound to study a partner's F.A.C.E.S. — family background, attitudes, compatibility, experiences in previous relationships and skills they'd bring to the union.

It teaches the lovestruck to pace themselves with a R.A.M. chart — the Relationship Attachment Model — which basically says don't let your sexual involvement exceed your level of commitment or level of knowledge about the other person. Maj. John Kegley, a chaplain who teaches the program in Monterey, Calif., throws in the "no jerk salute" for fun. One hand at the heart, two-fingers at the brow mean use your heart and brain when choosing.

Though the acronyms and salute make it sound like something the Pentagon would come up with, the program was created by former minister John Van Epp of Ohio, who has a doctorate in psychology and a private counseling practice. He teaches it to Army chaplains, who in turn teach it to troops. ...

Arfcom is saved! our womminz problems are over.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I used to live near a military base, and I can tell you anytime there was any type of deployment the GI's wives would stream into town's bars like a swarm of horny locusts even before their husband's MAC flights were fully wheels up.  They were looking for one thing and one thing only, and they usually had no trouble finding it.  It was what you would call a Target Rich Environment.

But don't worry, I'm sure that sweet little girl you're engaged to is totally different from all the rest.  

If any of you single military guys out there are thinking of getting married, I sincerely urge you to reconsider that decision.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to live near a military base, and I can tell you anytime there was any type of deployment the GI's wives would stream into town's bars like a swarm of horny locusts even before their husband's MAC flights were fully wheels up.  They were looking for one thing and one thing only, and they usually had no trouble finding it.  It was what you would call a Target Rich Environment.

But don't worry, I'm sure that sweet little girl you're engaged to is totally different from all the rest.  

If any of you single military guys out there are thinking of getting married, I sincerely urge you to reconsider that decision.

True Gospel!!!!  Take this Man's advice.   Please!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Trust me, there is a reason I am 31 and have never been married.  4 years of TDY, and 3.5 years of short tours would have made short work of any marriage.  Now if the .mil would stop paying idiots to marry skanks they would make an actual impact on the divorce rate.  I really appreciate the $100K or so I have been fucked out of for being single and costing the military much less in PCS costs, health care, etc.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweeeet!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted: If any of you single military guys out there are thinking of getting married, I sincerely urge you to reconsider that decision.
Uh oh!

Actually, what my wife really needs when I'm gone is a step ladder. I'd hate to get an e-mail on deployment asking me how to reach for the spaghetti sauce.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]
As a friend of mine once observed while he was in the service: "If I end up married, it's because I was issued a wife."

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me, there is a reason I am 31 and have never been married.  4 years of TDY, and 3.5 years of short tours would have made short work of any marriage.  Now if the .mil would stop paying idiots to marry skanks they would make an actual impact on the divorce rate.  I really appreciate the $100K or so I have been fucked out of for being single and costing the military much less in PCS costs, health care, etc.  

I agree, more money for anyone, in any fashion, because they are married or have kids is just asanine. A wife and/or kids does not make you any better at your job, and if anything can be a distraction. Pay everyone the same base pay, BAH etc based ot garde and time in service only.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
As a friend of mine once observed while he was in the service: "If I end up married, it's because I was issued a wife."

LOL.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, more money for anyone, in any fashion, because they are married or have kids is just asanine. A wife and/or kids does not make you any better at your job, and if anything can be a distraction. Pay everyone the same base pay, BAH etc based ot garde and time in service only.

Glad to hear at least some sane people agree with me.    Unfortunately we are in the minority in the .mil and especially at higher E and W levels.  I am in class right now (NCO Academy) with 14 other students, guess how many have never been married?   A whole bunch of them are "nonners" anyway, and have never deployed, so their perfect little stateside AF marriages have been great.    Funny that marital status is the one area that is allowed to be discriminated against, unlike sex, race, national origin, religion, etc.    I think if the .mil introduced a plan to pay single servicemembers a $100 a month bonus it would pay for itself in a couple of years.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmph!

The USAF had a much simpler matchmaking procedure.

When I arrived at my duty station,  and met my "old school" Squadron Commander, he gave me a list of the two single female lieutenants on base, and instructed me to limit my dating activities to those two uggos.

I was freaking amazed.   I thought he was kidding, but kept my mouth shut, waiting for him to play out his joke sometime during the meeting.

He never did.

I asked his secretary the next day if this was for real, and she said "hell yes, and don't get caught dating anyone else".

I learned later that this kind of nonsense was a daily occurance and the commanders fully enforced it.

S.A.C. sucked donkey balls.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You must use lots of acronyms! www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183809,00.html

... "Being in the military certainly raises the stakes when you choose a mate," said Lt. Col. Peter Frederich, head of family issues in the Pentagon's chaplain office. The "no jerks" program is also called "P.I.C.K. a Partner," for Premarital Interpersonal Choices and Knowledge. It advises the marriage-bound to study a partner's F.A.C.E.S. — family background, attitudes, compatibility, experiences in previous relationships and skills they'd bring to the union.

It teaches the lovestruck to pace themselves with a R.A.M. chart — the Relationship Attachment Model — which basically says don't let your sexual involvement exceed your level of commitment or level of knowledge about the other person. Maj. John Kegley, a chaplain who teaches the program in Monterey, Calif., throws in the "no jerk salute" for fun. One hand at the heart, two-fingers at the brow mean use your heart and brain when choosing.

Though the acronyms and salute make it sound like something the Pentagon would come up with, the program was created by former minister John Van Epp of Ohio, who has a doctorate in psychology and a private counseling practice. He teaches it to Army chaplains, who in turn teach it to troops. ...

Remember the old saying, "If the Army want's you to have a wife, they will issue you one"?

DOMESTIC PARTNER:  MK I MOD 0    1 Ea.
MIL W 362436C
NSN: 5305-00-001-3878

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:15:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Remember the old saying, "If the Army want's you to have a wife, they will issue you one"?

DOMESTIC PARTNER:  MK I MOD 0    1 Ea.
MIL W 362436C
NSN: 5305-00-001-3878

LMAO

NSN; 5305-00-001-3878
Screw, 1 EA

Appropriate choice!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hmph!

The USAF had a much simpler matchmaking procedure.

When I arrived at my duty station,  and met my "old school" Squadron Commander, he gave me a list of the two single female lieutenants on base, and instructed me to limit my dating activities to those two uggos.

I was freaking amazed.   I thought he was kidding, but kept my mouth shut, waiting for him to play out his joke sometime during the meeting.

He never did.

I asked his secretary the next day if this was for real, and she said "hell yes, and don't get caught dating anyone else".

I learned later that this kind of nonsense was a daily occurance and the commanders fully enforced it.

S.A.C. sucked donkey balls.

When I arrived at Clark AB, my Squadron Commander greeted me thusly:  "Hi.  Welcome to Clark.  Don't fuck your housegirl."
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:19:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted: When I arrived at Clark AB, my Squadron Commander greeted me thusly:  "Hi.  Welcome to Clark.  Don't fuck your housegirl."
TheCynic posted this link and it applies here. www.nomarriage.com/why_foreign_women_are_better.html

A huge percentage of American women are selfish, flighty, insecure, needy and psychotic, and quite capable of concealing those traits during the dating phase. White 'career' American chicks are the bottom of the barrel marriage-wise.

Foreign women from South America, Eastern Europe, and Asia are at the top. Only guys who travel (in other words, guys who are successful and ambitious enough to travel a lot) find these. But they never, ever go back. Foreign-born women living in the US are the next best. They get married early...they are highly sought-after by American guys for their wifely skills (hell, any women who has ANY ability to be a wife is better than your average American chick, who knows NOTHING about being a wife)

Bottom of the barrel---white American chicks. Yecch.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top