Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 11:12:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 11:14:40 AM EDT by der_Buschmeistermann]
Where's a good place to find a little screw driver that will remove the teeny screws on the backplate of my Casio G-Shock so I can replace the battery? Thanks.

Also, are all G-Shocks made in China nowadays? My backplate says China but the clasp on the band says Japan.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:16:17 AM EDT
However you get it off, make sure you get the little rubber water seal back in place correctly when you put it back together.

My first g-shock battery lasted almost ten years. Now I wear a solar triple sensor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:18:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 11:19:12 AM EDT by twonami]
radio shack or those little cheapie eyeglass repair kits at the supermarket
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:52:54 PM EDT
I just made one with an old screwdriver and my Dremel - works fine. I should have thought about doing that sooner. Those Dremels are nice to have.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:57:21 PM EDT
The 99 cent store usually has a cheap set of eyeglass screwdrivers.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:10:00 PM EDT
Just so you know....putting in a new battery isn't enough.

If you do that, then screw the entire thing back together....IT WON'T WORK.

Why? You also have to hit a little reset button.

Don't ask me where it is....I had mine changed last time at a store and the newbie tech. thought my watch was broken until his boss showed him the reset button.

Something to be aware of.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:24:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:13:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 4:15:29 PM EDT by der_Buschmeistermann]

Originally Posted By bfieldburt:
Just so you know....putting in a new battery isn't enough.

If you do that, then screw the entire thing back together....IT WON'T WORK.

Why? You also have to hit a little reset button.

Don't ask me where it is....I had mine changed last time at a store and the newbie tech. thought my watch was broken until his boss showed him the reset button.

Something to be aware of.

I found a little info about what you're saying. Apparently there is a small hole usually marked "AC" where you stick a small wire or tweezers in and touch the negative side of the battery with the other side to reset the display.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:23:45 PM EDT
Take it to the shop. It's not worth it. It will never be waterproof again. Trust me.
Top Top