Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 11:12:07 AM EDT
Where's a good place to find a little screw driver that will remove the teeny screws on the backplate of my Casio G-Shock so I can replace the battery?  Thanks.

Also, are all G-Shocks made in China nowadays?  My backplate says China but the clasp on the band says Japan.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]
However you get it off, make sure you get the little rubber water seal back in place correctly when you put it back together.

My first g-shock battery lasted almost ten years.  Now I wear a solar triple sensor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#2]
radio shack or those little cheapie eyeglass repair kits at the supermarket
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I just made one with an old screwdriver and my Dremel - works fine.  I should have thought about doing that sooner.  Those Dremels are nice to have.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The 99 cent store usually has a cheap set of eyeglass screwdrivers.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Just so you know....putting in a new battery isn't enough.

If you do that, then screw the entire thing back together....IT WON'T WORK.

Why? You also have to hit a little reset button.

Don't ask me where it is....I had mine changed last time at a store and the newbie tech. thought my watch was broken until his boss showed him the reset button.

Something to be aware of.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just so you know....putting in a new battery isn't enough.

If you do that, then screw the entire thing back together....IT WON'T WORK.

Why? You also have to hit a little reset button.

Don't ask me where it is....I had mine changed last time at a store and the newbie tech. thought my watch was broken until his boss showed him the reset button.

Something to be aware of.

I found a little info about what you're saying.  Apparently there is a small hole usually marked "AC" where you stick a small wire or tweezers in and touch the negative side of the battery with the other side to reset the display.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Take it to the shop. It's not worth it. It will never be waterproof again. Trust me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top