Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 8:38:44 AM EDT
What is the most you have ever put down in a single sitting?

For me, it was a five-pound roast (with the trimmings, of course). I remember that I ate it without much thinking about it. Then I realized I was still hungry and turned to my sister-in-law who happened to be staying with us, and asked her if there was anything more. She about fainted.

Then there was the time that me and three of my friends got thrown out of the all-you-can-eat prime rib place. We didn't keep track of how much we ate. I think we were going back for our fifth plate when they called a halt to it. (People who are trying to visualize this should know that all of us are just average sized guys.)

There is something about big appetites in my family. When my youngest daughter was four, we would have to order off the adult menu for her. Her four-year-old son is the same way. We have been ordering off the adult menu for him for almost two years now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried the 64 ouce steak challenge, I got the baked potato, the bread, and about 59.5 ounces of steak before I realized that I couldnt swallow any more.  I didnt get the meal for free

yay for gluttony!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if the additional cost to all those "All you can eat" buffets by stoners with the munchies were figured into all those studies you post regarding the cost of the war on drugs vs. the cost of rehabilitation?    

Aviator
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I tried the 64 ouce steak challenge, I got the baked potato, the bread, and about 59.5 ounces of steak before I realized that I couldnt swallow any more.  I didnt get the meal for free

yay for gluttony!

LMAO  What did it end up costing you?

Aviator
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#4]
never did a huge monster single serving of food.
I did eat a scary amount of raw oysters and clams at my brother in-laws wedding.
I love having rich relatives.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yay for gluttony!

LMAO  What did it end up costing you?

Aviator

about $30 with tip and beer
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#6]
3.5 Pound lobster ... And after I finished it, my girfriend couldn't finish her 2 pounder, so I had to.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I wonder if the additional cost to all those "All you can eat" buffets by stoners with the munchies were figured into all those studies you post regarding the cost of the war on drugs vs. the cost of rehabilitation?    

Aviator

None of these stories had anything to do with munchies. It is just a family of trenchermen.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure there are much bigger, but im proud of this. The 48 oz club.

Don Shula's 48oz Club
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#9]
6 dozen crabs

(it not really a lot of food, but it's a lot of work)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
6 dozen crabs

if you shave first they are a whole lot easier to pick off
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I've eaten several 16-20 oz. sirloins.

Once ate about 2.5 lbs of pork chops in the span of an hour.  Then topped that off with a pound of strawberry delight.

Yep, I got sick.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
6 dozen crabs

<golf clap>

well played
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#13]
ate the 72oz sirlion at the big texan, didn't touch the fries or finish the pitcher of coke.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I've downed an 18oz NY Strip from the Fresh Market, I think that's the biggest. Damn they have some good meats.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I ate 4 full racks of ribs a couple summers ago
My father and I made them.  He ate almost as many.
Our wives split 1 between them.
The pile of bones was enormous.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#16]
My friends have a lake house in Hartwell Ga. and we used to go there during the summers.  The best part was the fried catfish challenge!  There is a restaurant near there called the Swamp Guinea and it has the fattest people in the world in there.  ut the all you can eat catfish rocks!  It comes with a tupperware bowl of coleslaw and whitebread.  My friends and I ate 7 plates each once and then went outside and raced back to the truck.  7 plates x 4 plus all the sides makes a huge puddle!!  

We got hungry again about a half hour later!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What is the most you have ever put down in a single sitting?

For me, it was a five-pound roast (with the trimmings, of course). I remember that I ate it without much thinking about it. Then I realized I was still hungry and turned to my sister-in-law who happened to be staying with us, and asked her if there was anything more. She about fainted.

Then there was the time that me and three of my friends got thrown out of the all-you-can-eat prime rib place. We didn't keep track of how much we ate. I think we were going back for our fifth plate when they called a halt to it. (People who are trying to visualize this should know that all of us are just average sized guys.)

There is something about big appetites in my family. When my youngest daughter was four, we would have to order off the adult menu for her. Her four-year-old son is the same way. We have been ordering off the adult menu for him for almost two years now.

The only answer to something like this is to create such a damn scene that they fucking wish they would have left you alone to eat double what you did.

Hell, that would be the most fun part of the evening!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I ate 57 pieces of fried chicken in an hour for a contest. The guy who came in second ate 54. I gorged on water for 3 days before the contest, and sipped creme de mynth while eating to help numb my stomach. Hey, I won $1000.00 and that was 20 years ago.

After the contest, I took a $20 bet that I couldn't guzzle a pitcher of green beer in under 30 seconds. Won that too! 30 seconds later....I was out in the parking lot projectile vomiting. Ewww.

Grease oozed out of my face for a week. No shit.

Younger and dumber days!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#19]

32oz prime rib. I could have eating a few more but I couldn't afford it.

Same with the "all you can eat" - I lost track after about 5-6 refills.

Prime rib never seems to fill me up.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I've finished off most of a 3 1/2# brisket quite a few times.  Wife had a slice or two.

I had a friend that would stop off at Wiener Schnitzel and have 8-10 hot dogs before he'd go to dinner at someone's house.  Didn't want to appear to be a pig.  I thought he was kidding me but I saw him do it once.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#21]
You guys are making me hungry for my 32oz prime rib tonight!!!

My friend, who is going with us, is about 130 pounds and 5 foot 5 inches.  He can eat more than any human I know.  I have seen him wolf down a McDondald's meal on the way to my house, show up at my house and down a beer, half a bag of beef lerky, a whole jar of pickles, a pastrami sandwich, a few tootsie rolls, and then immediately go out with us for steak, where he gorges himself on bread before wolfing down a huge prime rib.

His wife is 6'4" by the way - people have actually asked her if he was her kid.  He looks like he's 15 years old.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#22]
The biggest prime rib I've had was a 32oz prime rib at Kreis Restaurant in St. Louis.  Only $25.  Best prime rib I've had in awhile.  That was the small cut.  I was tempted to go for the large cut, but was with co-workers and did want to gross anyone out.  

The most food I've ever consumed though was 75 pieces of sushi at a restaurant that was having an all you can eat special.  This wasn't a buffet place, so the chef individually rolled each piece.  Towards the end the pieces were getting humongous and would be almost all rice.  Finally the chef called no mas by saying he ran out of rice.  Imagine all the soy sauce and absorption of the rice....now that was painful...I couldn't drive home....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#23]
34 DD
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#24]
I ate 11 lobsters at an all you can eat lobster special...... I was trying to keep up with a woman across the restraunt.  I asked the waitress what the record was, she told me  24 for a man and 17 for a woman and that lady over there is the one.... I gave up and thought I was going to throw up the 11 I ate when I stood up to leave the table.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
34 DD

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Good thing that the company that makes Correctol is still in business..............can you imagine the constipation that follows eating all those steaks?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I rarely find an appropriate thread for this:

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Myself and two friends went into an all you can eat shrimp place while in college.  They brought out the shrimp on large plates one at a time.  We quit counting plates after three hours.  The manager came over a little while later and asked how much longer we planned on staying.  Seems he'd exceeded his allocation of shrimp for the day.  We agreed to stop eating shrimp and finished with a fish dinner.  We felt guilty for working the waitress that hard and left a $50 tip.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I rarely find an appropriate thread for this:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/positive10.jpg

That sticker on the PA is my favorite radio station. They have coverage in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach county... Big is the schiznit!

I set the poor bastard ablaze when someone attempts to touch my radio dial.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Good thing that the company that makes Correctol is still in business..............can you imagine the constipation that follows eating all those steaks?

Oh hell no - with my IBS, I usually drop wolf bait about 45 minutes after a big steak dinner.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#31]
5.5 lbs of Grilled Skirt Steak
89 buffalo wings and 4 pithchers of Beer
14 slices of NY Pizza
And not all at once those are my eating adventures thru the years
I can also polish off 2 Wendys triple cheese burgers easily
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#32]
32oz sirloin
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#33]
I ate a 20-24 Ounce steak at Outback one time

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I found this thread at the wrong time.

I'm starvin' and now I'm going to go get a steak DAMMIT!

Danny
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I found this thread at the wrong time.

I'm starvin' and now I'm going to go get a steak DAMMIT!

Danny

I still can't get over all of that food you put down at the Mexican place.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#36]
48 pieces of sushi,

I watched a bud eat 28 slices of Pizza Hut all you can eat. Then we went out and sat at the pool. I have never seen a guy suffer so much.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
48 pieces of sushi,

I watched a bud eat 28 slices of Pizza Hut all you can eat. Then we went out and sat at the pool. I have never seen a guy suffer so much.

WOW... the sushi is ridiculous because of the way rice fills you up.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks

I was in no small amount of pain myself. Couldn;t look at fish for weeks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#39]
About this big...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#40]
100 Chicken Wings and a Pitcher of Beer at Buffalo Wild Wings.(have done this 6 times)

9 pounds of Crab legs at Red Lobster when they had an all you can eat special.

4 full slabs of Pork Spareribs.

250 Raw Oysters on the Half shell.........ended up in the hospital and had my stomach pumped.

25 Wendy's Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers without the Mayo and Tomato with Catsup and Lettuce, buddy bet me 100 dollars I could not do it in 30 minutes.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#41]
I ate four lobsters on day, but that's not really a lot.  I am sure I have eaten 3 dozen crabs at a time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Couple of friends and I were at a grand opening to a sushi bar and they did a all you can eat special

so we took em up on the offer.

one of my friends had like 35 pieces   I  had somewere close to 50 the others didnt eat sushi.

ended up tossing my cookies when I got home I had so gourged my self way to much just couldnt keep it down

Wasabi good going down really bad coming back up
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#43]
2lb Belly buster hamburger back in HS in MD. It had 3 pieces of bread, two patties, 1 tomato, 4 slices of cheese, fries, and a pickle on the side. You had to eat it all to get the t-shirt and I did!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm sure there are much bigger, but im proud of this. The 48 oz club.

Don Shula's 48oz Club

Awesome!  I saw all the names on the wall.  But I opted for the 24oz
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Didn't eat it, but it's interesting:

www.snopes.com/photos/advertisements/bigburger.asp

Anyone remember the scene from Great Outdoors with John Candy.  Classic.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
6 dozen crabs

Unfortunately, I don't get many good chances to hit the seafood as well as I would like. Sam's Town in Las Vegas has an all-you-can-eat night that features crab. I don't know how much I ate, but I was there non-stop for the better part of three hours. By that time, the other people wanted to go home so I had to leave. If Red Lobster ever has all-you-can-eat crab again I am going to make sure I end up as a notation on their end-of-year corporate financial report.

Then I found a Chinese buffet that was really great. I had about two dozen boiled shrimp, two dozen barbecue shrimp, a dozen each of three other kinds of shrimp (all good-sized), about 30 large scallops, some filet of sole, and miscellaneous other Chinese food, salad, fruit, etc. I left after that because it was lunch and I had to get back to work. I was wishing I had stayed for a couple more courses before I got out of the parking lot. The best part was -- $6.99.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
34 DD

I've had that myself and seconds too.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
6 dozen crabs

I SPIT COKE FOR THAT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top