Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 5:10:46 AM EDT
Looking for any good dealers for coins. I have no idea where to go, anyone have a link or two for some good reliable distributors for gold and silver coins?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:20:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you want bullion, or rare coins?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Do a Google search for spot prices on gold or silver. You should get a hit for companies that are selling. I bought a bunch of gold and silver a few years ago when gold was under $300.00 an ounce and silver was like $4.00 an ounce. I called the company that I bought the metal from and placed an order and then sent them a money order and once they got the MO they sent the metal. Do a little research before buying. You might find it just a little cheaper from one company to another. It wont be much of a change but if you are buying a lot then you can get more.

www.kitco.com/
right side order section. I remember this company but look around. Bullion will be a bit cheaper then just buying a coin or two.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do you want bullion, or rare coins?

Probably coins. I'm on a bit of a tight budget so cant plunk down 500 or 1000 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Monex.com has bulk buys on bullion. Blanchardonline.com has a large selection of coins.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Be careful, lots of "rare" coins are not all that rare, you really need to know what you are buying.
IMO best buy would be "junk silver" bags of pre 1965 dimes and quarters, you might try a site like tulving, but they have high minimums. but it will give you an idea of whats popular in bullion/coins.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Some info in another thread here.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:35:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:46:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:47:32 AM EDT
[#9]
You can buy 1 ounce bars for spot. They would end up being cheaper than a one ounce coin porbably. If you are serious, go on over to the forums at www.tomashworth.com and ask around there. Thats the ar15.com of gold.

If you need to know the spot price, go to www.kitco.com

ETA Palladium might not be bad to look at now either.

Aviator
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Prime rule of investing..."buy low, sell high".

So you are going to buy when Gold is at a high? You might get lucky and profit $100 or at the most $200 per ounce, but if you ask me, after Irans dealt with, gold is going to tank.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I personally think it will go higher yet.

Aviator
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Call around places listed in your phone book. Ask them their prices. Should be in the format spot + premium. Ask them what market the spot price is based on. If they say "Silvertown" find someone else. They should base it on public markets like NY or London.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok, you all do not know me but I think I know a ting or two about this subject. I have been picking up gold and silver since 1999. My two favorites are
www.tulving.com and www.usagold.com

Tulving is the best, but you need to buy a certain amount, usually around 10 thousand dollars ormore. USA gold has a "small order desk" where you can buy just a small amount.

I do not recomend Kitco, but will not tell you why. Stay away from Monex too.

If you can, buy from a local dealer, in cash if possible too. Buy American eagles, in all sizes. Do not listen to those who say it must be a particular size, or from a particular country, etc. Just buy hand over fist as the hour is getting late.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#14]
You could also do like me, and find your own gold  

Aviator
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#15]
tagggg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top