Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 6:22:02 PM EDT
Well I'm in the process or repairing my credit after some late CC payments in college. I have legally got my score up from a 580 to 698 in three months by disputing letters and online disputes.

My buddy paid this guy to do it for him and he know has a score of over 700. Whaty do you guys make of this site? My buddy talked with Benard who runs the site and he says it's legal. My friend has his rent payments and even his cell phone on his credit statement.

www.creditengineering.com/deletion_services_description.htm
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't want any credit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
TAg
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh, thats not exactly a trick...

I've always paid my bill by credit card and then immediately paid the balance of the card.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't want any credit.

+1 I dont need no stonkin' credit
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
All they can do is take off incorrect entries, the cannot legally change any legit black mark on your credit report. Time and good habits are what will clean up your record.

FWIW, my score was 816 average across three reports last fall when I checked
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Although im leary of these things, im tagging anyway.... I do need a hand.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All they can do is take off incorrect entries, the cannot legally change any legit black mark on your credit report. Time and good habits are what will clean up your record.

I've found(through personal experience and through friends) that you can "work" with them and tell them "I'll pay it in full right now, so long as you remove that entry from my credit report, and I want this in writing mailed to my adress"  it works
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I had my wife add me to a couple of her credit cards and my credit went up 60 points or so in 4 months.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Tagged
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#10]
High credit score = high debt.

You don't need good credit.

My credit score is roughly 625.  I don't have a single black mark...it's just because all the debt I've ever had, I've paid off.  I don't own credit cards, no loans, no car payments.  

I went through a lender for a mortgage a few weeks ago to get pre-approved.  1st one went by credit score alone...Said I was preapproved up to 125K.  2nd lender did "manual underwriting" (where they actually look at your credit report and not just score), looked at W2's, 2nd income, etc.  They saw I had no debt, had secure, moderate income, and I was preapproved for 320K.

Credit is a sham.  You don't need it, don't fool yourself into thinking you do.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't want any credit.

I respectfully disagree.  I have almost no credit card debt, but it is nice having that credit there if I NEED it.  I will probably never use it since all of the interest rates are ridiculous (around 10%), but nice to have anyway.  Now, the credit line with the bank at ~6%, that will be used time and time again.  As long as you are disciplined, you will be ok (I keep trying to talk myself out of using it for an M16 )

Just my .02

Brian
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Never trust anyone like this site unless they tell you exactly what they are going to do before you pay them a dime.  And I would suspect that the things the guy running this site would do are about the same as you could do yourself with information availible at any consumer reports website.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't want any credit.

I respectfully disagree.  I have almost no credit card debt, but it is nice having that credit there if I NEED it.  I will probably never use it since all of the interest rates are ridiculous (around 10%), but nice to have anyway.  Now, the credit line with the bank at ~6%, that will be used time and time again.  As long as you are disciplined, you will be ok (I keep trying to talk myself out of using it for an M16 )

Just my .02

Brian

Pay cash and sleep better.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I have zero debt.  None.  I have perfect credit.  I have two credit cards, each one is paid off in full each month.  My credit score is over 725 on all three credit agencies.  You don't need to owe money to be a good credit risk.  I keep my credit perfect so I can get the lowest rate if and when I move to an area that actually has woods, out of this house which is too close to stinking Philadelphia.  This is assuming I will need a loan, I am not sure that I will.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Although im leary of these things, im tagging anyway.... I do need a hand.

Same here
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My credit score is roughly 625.  I don't have a single black mark...it's just because all the debt I've ever had, I've paid off.  I don't own credit cards, no loans, no car payments.  

I went through a lender for a mortgage a few weeks ago to get pre-approved.  1st one went by credit score alone...Said I was preapproved up to 125K.  2nd lender did "manual underwriting" (where they actually look at your credit report and not just score), looked at W2's, 2nd income, etc.  They saw I had no debt, had secure, moderate income, and I was preapproved for 320K.

So are you rich? Or dont have shit
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't want any credit.

Just my .02

Brian

Only thing they are really good for is hotel reservations, or a spending spree at your favorite gun shop, which is my case
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't want any credit.

Just my .02

Brian

Pay cash and sleep better.

Sounds like my grandfather. Hes borderline wealthy and was refused a JC Penny card. Not because he has bad credit, but because he has NO credit.
Its cash n carry or save till you can. No exceptions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I have no credit card debt, all cards are paid in full every month,I collect airline miles and get a free trip or two every year. My car loan is at 0% interest and my home loan is well within my means and at a nice low 5% fixed rate. I sleep well at night knowing if I need credit, I can get it at any time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#21]
The mortgage intrest rate that you would qualify for is mostly determined by your credit score.  The lenders want an impartial way to make a decision so that they cannot be accused of racial or other predjuses (sp).

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Dont pay an agency to do what you can do yourself.

You get a copy of your credit report from all 3 agencies.   It comes with a form to dispute an entry.  

Go ahead and challenge any negative entry on the report, the reporting company has 30 days to answer the challenge or it goes away.   As I understand it the best time to do it is right before christmas when companies are swamped and it's difficult for them to meet the 30 day deadline.  

I get a copy of my report every six or so months from equifax along with my credit score.  It's a good thing to do as you can spot any unauthorized account openings ( identity theft)
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#23]
You can now get your credit report, not the score, for free every year from each of the three credit agencies. So you can get a free credit report every four months if you space it out right.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Tag.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#25]
What is the easiest way to get copies of your credit report
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You can now get your credit report, not the score, for free every year from each of the three credit agencies. So you can get a free credit report every four months if you space it out right.

Whats the URL for that? Used to know but cant remember right off....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
What is the easiest way to get copies of your credit report

FACTA allows for 1 free report from each of the 3 CRAs each year.  There is a number you can call and a website you can go to for it.

Do not pay anyone, ESPECIALLY LEXINGTON LAW, to fix your credit.  Go to www.creditboards.com and read.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Wrong.  Credit score is directly influenced negatively by high debt load.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Dont pay an agency to do what you can do yourself.

You get a copy of your credit report from all 3 agencies.   It comes with a form to dispute an entry.  

Go ahead and challenge any negative entry on the report, the reporting company has 30 days to answer the challenge or it goes away.   As I understand it the best time to do it is right before christmas when companies are swamped and it's difficult for them to meet the 30 day deadline.  

I get a copy of my report every six or so months from equifax along with my credit score.  It's a good thing to do as you can spot any unauthorized account openings ( identity theft)

Exactly. You are paying these guys to basicly SPAM the creditors into not responding within 30 days. Take the next few weeks and compile a large bulk mailing and send it to the reporting agencies. Save yourself a couple hundred dollars.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yep. I'm working on paying off my house in 6 more years. I'll be debt free. Except for taxes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I have no debt whatsoever. $0.  The only card I have is my bank card.  I've always paid cash.  It's just the way I was raised.

Of course, the government will steal everything I own if I'm a day late with my taxes, exactly the same as they'd do to the rest of you.  Or, thanks to the Supreme Court, the city could seize my property for no reason at all.  

And the moral of the story is?  We're all screwed anyway, so it doesn't matter what some made up number says about you.  They'll get theirs one way or the other.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#33]
How is this any different than spam. PS.. You can do this all by yourself, why pay some jerk off to do it for you? IBTL
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Just my expirece, medical expenses are a PAIN to dispute b.c hospitals sell those accounts quick to collection agencies.

Broken arm with humorous nearly punching through the skin with ONE ER vist and ONE Dr office vist....over 5,000 dollars...

God damn All I got was a plastic splint!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#35]
But medical are easier to keep of bad credit eports... Just pay something on it and it stays "actiev"
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Just my expirece, medical expenses are a PAIN to dispute b.c hospitals sell those accounts quick to collection agencies.

Broken arm with humorous nearly punching through the skin with ONE ER vist and ONE Dr office vist....over 5,000 dollars...

Because of HIPPA, it is relatively easy to remove medical collections from your report.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because of HIPPA, it is relatively easy to remove medical collections from your report.

Please school me or at least link me...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please school me or at least link me...

www.creditboards.com

There is a medical section on the forum.  Do some homework.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Does anyone have a link of sample letters to send for disputes?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a link of sample letters to send for disputes?

The link I provided (twice) in this thread has sample letters.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Once you get the report, if you have the report/request/transaction #, you can reprint it later. When I did this, it wasn't the same report I got earlier in the year. It was an UPDATED report. I pulled all 3 at once and reprinted them 6 months later. All were updated versions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong.  Credit score is directly influenced negatively by high debt load.

exactly. i have 799 and 0 debt except for my mortgage on the house.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#45]
The actual amount you can get in a loan is more of a factor of your debt load. If you pay on time and have a lot of debt you will still have a high credit score. I have a fair amount of debt and although we keep credit cards paid down there not paid off. We also have a pretty hefty mortgage. My wife and I have a good income but were not rich. However our credit score is right at the 800 mark. We never are late and never make minimum payments. Consequently even though we have a moderate debt load we still have a high credit score. I can't really figure it all out but a little bit of debt paid on time equals a higher credit score than no debt at least at first glance. If you have no debt and a blank credit history for 10 years the lenders probably think you've been in jail!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:21:36 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm 22 and have had a credit card cosigned by my parents since age 16.  Several credit cards since then.  Pay in full every month.  Bought a sportbike in '01 with a 3 yr loan, paid it off in 1.5 yrs.  Never had a late payment with credit, loans, or rent.  I'm around 790.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Im in the 500's  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Somehow I'm in the low 700's two years after filing bankruptcy.  

Since filing, I've made EVERY payment on time and almost all credit card payments are much more than the minimum.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:31:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Just found out I had 2 bad items on my report deleted! I've got one more to get off and I should be in the 700's again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top