I'm actually crying right now.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Suffer the little children.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]
The caption is small so here it is

Genevieve Miles watches Thursday as her son Tyler, 2, says "Daddy" while pointing at the coffin of his father, U.S. Marine Sgt. Sean H. Miles, during a funeral service at St Gabriel Catholic Church in Chesterfield, VA.  Miles was KIA on 24 January in Karmah, Iraq.  The U.S. Military on Thursday reported the deaths of 5 more American troops in Iraq.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
that does hurt
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The JFK bashers can moan all they want, but...

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
What's sad is that although that affects me, I am also stricken by the PLACEMENT of the photo and caption vis a viz the news story they placed there.

Remember that EVERYTHING about a front page is designed from the ground up to advance the theories and biases of the editor.  

The image and story are clearly designed to put to the audience the question of:   IS THIS WORTH IT?

Sadly, except for the guys who have left diaries and letters "to be opened in the event..." the most important voices, those who have given the ultimate sacrifice, do not get to weigh in on the question...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a tear well up in my eye just now

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#10]
That makes me want to go down and talk to my recruiter...  More and more I am thinking about the Marines for when I graduate college.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
400 billion dollors?  Yes, that does upset me.

Ditto. A billion here, a billion there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Fuck off ass wipe troll!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What's sad is that although that affects me, I am also stricken by the PLACEMENT of the photo and caption vis a viz the news story they placed there.

Remember that EVERYTHING about a front page is designed from the ground up to advance the theories and biases of the editor.  

The image and story are clearly designed to put to the audience the question of:   IS THIS WORTH IT?

Sadly, except for the guys who have left diaries and letters "to be opened in the event..." the most important voices, those who have given the ultimate sacrifice, do not get to weigh in on the question...

The ARDemGaz isn't a liberal paper.  I know it appears that way, but trust me they are not.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I edit my post, maybe it wasn't ment that way
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#15]
edited
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh damn.  That stings.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

www.pro-networks.org/GALLERY/KennedySalute.jpg

JFK bashers?

Owned a M-16, was a lifetime NRA member, wrote in strong support of the 2nd Amendment, created the US Special Forces, served in the military (wasn't the hero he was made out to be but still served), stared down Russia during the Cuban Missile Crisis (how many good men might have blinked?) and still managed to bang Marilyn Monroe despite huge back problems.

One of the best Presidents we ever had, I could honestly not give a fuck about the D after his name.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep, I'm human.    Sad indeed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking troll a thread like this makes you no better than a kernal of corn in a dingleberry on Ted Kennedy's ass crack. Piss off.

I agree 100 %, piss off
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Knowing they are aiding and abetting our enemy you have to wonder how the Murthas, Kenndys etc. sleep at night. Hell is too good for those bastards.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#22]
A HERO is laid to rest,that's all I see.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm sorry, but that was what caught my eye first.  While I feel sorry for the Marine's family and friends, human life is not the only cost rising in this war.

And if we did NOTHING and LA got hit by a terrorist attack (bio, chem, etc.) as 9-11 Part II you'd probably be bitching about the cost of THAT and Michael Moore would have a brand new film out about how BUSH KNEW Saddam probably had NBC weapons but did NOTHING because of his close, secret association with the Iraqi dictator.

Security and fighting terrorism cost money. Personally I'd rather spend money than US blood, but wars cost that too unfortunately. Now if YOU have a more cost effective solution to dealing with Islamic extremists in the Middle East I'm sure the government would LOVE to hear about it. I'm sure all those guys (including my family) would LOVE to come home.

But right now they are risking their very lives to make sure nothing like 9-11 EVER happens again. And if it costs 400 BILLION then that is what it costs. I imagine the Normandy invasion was pretty expensive. The Manhatten Project was INCONCEIVABLE expensive. But you know what? It was better than letting Germany and Japan dominate the globe.

And our deficit, HUGE AS IT IS, is PREFERRABLE to letting Islamic extremists continue to proliferate and attack us at whim.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

While I am not a huge JFK fan, he was much more Conservative than many Republicans today.
What has happened to the Democrat party? It has been corrupted by far left nut jobs!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm sorry, but that was what caught my eye first.  While I feel sorry for the Marine's family and friends, human life is not the only cost rising in this war.

And if we did NOTHING and LA got hit by a terrorist attack (bio, chem, etc.) as 9-11 Part II you'd probably be bitching about the cost of THAT and Michael Moore would have a brand new film out about how BUSH KNEW Saddam probably had NBC weapons but did NOTHING because of his close, secret association with the Iraqi dictator.

Security and fighting terrorism cost money. Personally I'd rather spend money than US blood, but wars cost that too unfortunately. Now if YOU have a more cost effective solution to dealing with Islamic extremists in the Middle East I'm sure the government would LOVE to hear about it. I'm sure all those guys (including my family) would LOVE to come home.

But right now they are risking their very lives to make sure nothing like 9-11 EVER happens again. And if it costs 400 BILLION then that is what it costs. I imagine the Normandy invasion was pretty expensive. The Manhatten Project was INCONCEIVABLE expensive. But you know what? It was better than letting Germany and Japan dominate the globe.

And our deficit, HUGE AS IT IS, is PREFERRABLE to letting Islamic extremists continue to proliferate and attack us at whim.

Ding fucking Ding!  We have a winner!  I agree, Steyr
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#27]
SEMPER FIDELIS

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Speechless.........

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I agree, the placement of the pic really pisses me off.

This is the most touching photo of the war that I have seen.  Only to have it tarnished by the asshole editor of the paper by placing the G.D. cost of the war next to it..
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I clicked on this link expecting to find another sappy, run-of-the-mill sob story. Like how a firefighter saved a cat from a burning building or something. When I saw the pic, that certain cold shiver went down my spine stronger than I have felt it in a long time.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Link to photos (slideshow)

Thank you Nimrod
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
- - - - - - -

Next time you have a thought. let it go, just let it go.  You know your trolling and you don't care, I'd appreciate it if you'd show a little respect and just bow out of this thread.  It'd be very nice if you'd edit out your posts too.

You need to edit yours now too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#33]
done
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Love hath no greater measure than that it be given to save another . Thank you God. And watch over that  Marines Family.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you Nimrod

+++10000000GOD BLESS HIS FAMILY
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JFK bashers?

They post here... not often, but they post here.

Owned a M-16, was a lifetime NRA member, wrote in strong support of the 2nd Amendment, created the US Special Forces, served in the military (wasn't the hero he was made out to be but still served), stared down Russia during the Cuban Missile Crisis (how many good men might have blinked?) and still managed to bang Marilyn Monroe despite huge back problems.

One of the best Presidents we ever had, I could honestly not give a fuck about the D after his name.

+1

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia,' 'the security of the nation,' and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms,' our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy... The Second Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important."...

John F. Kennedy, Junior Senator of MA in a 1959 letter to E.B. Mann

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I guess I'm not human.  

That is one of the saddest things that I have ever seen, but it did not make me cry.  

Sometimes it just makes me more angry at those who are responsible.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Rest now, Marine. For you've served your country.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#43]
God bless our service men, women and their families.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JFK bashers?

Not the hero he was made out to be?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but he took a small plywood boat up against Japanese cruisers and destroyers, right?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#46]

God Bless the USMC and all our fighting men and women.

Lord protect them as they bravely serve our country. Give them the courage to do what is right and stand fast in the face of their enemy. Steady their hand and help them send those bastards straight to hell. Amen
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#47]
As much as I enjoy reading things like that, and I have to say, that Final Salute article was so moving I was brought to tears, there is still a cynical little voice in the back of my head asking, "What true motivations do the media have in publishing these stories?" Is it to honor our dead heroes, or some sick, stealthy way to undermine the war and the Bush Administration?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Lord.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Wow...just wow.  Its so sad I really don't know what to say.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
400 billion dollors? Yes, that does upset me.

Insensitive Bastard of 2006 Award has just been sewn up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top