Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 4:06:52 PM EDT
Anyone have one? What brand do you use?

I have a G26 and a Colt DS .38spl in my subcompact category. I'd like a band to hug them closer to my body so I can go coatless if I want.

What say you?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#1]
HELL NAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Those things look like they would be hot.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried running a 26 in a bellyband for about a month at work.  The band would constantly slide down my body and begin to bunch up once it hit my waist.  As it bunched, it would eventually push the pistol out of the holster.  Nothng like feeling a lump in your shirt and discovering its your pistol floating loose in your shirt
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't worn one for a great length of time(all day),but I wear one while jogging sometimes.
I put my G19 in it.  It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it'll do the job.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone have one? What brand do you use?

I have a G26 and a Colt DS .38spl in my subcompact category. I'd like a band to hug them closer to my body so I can go coatless if I want.

What say you?

Great Idea if you're doing an undercover drug buy.

Otherwise , go with an inside waistband holster and an untucked shirt/sweater.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you checked out Thunderwear?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

www.thunderwear.com/images/comfort.jpg

do those really work?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I have a Galco SS IWB for my G26 that I discovered can hold any size Glock or 1911, so I can carry 4 of my guns with one holster.

It's just that sometimes I want more concealment than a bulky IWB can afford. Any other options I could use?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

do those really work?

Inquiring minds Want To Know.

Thinking HARD about the T-wear myself.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

do those really work?

Actually, ,they're quite good.  Probably the most comfortable of the types (inside waistband; pager pal)  .  They fold just right when one sits down.  The only potential problem with the larger size pistols is weight.  You have to cinch the waistband really tight to keep them from riding down.  A mid size pistol is great.  You have to practice, though, since you have to reach way down there.  But, it would be a hoot to see a bg's face when you pull out a full size 1911 (or, in my case a BHP) when he just thought you had crabs.

That said, I usually carry a Kahr in my pocket.  But, if I am carrying full size, it's one of the top two options.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Galco UDC tuckable holster for my 642.  So far, it's the best holster for concealment that I have tried.  I don't know about the G26.  I personally think that the sub-compact glocks are harder to conceal than a hi-power.  Thickness counts more than size, IMO.

EDIT:  I just realized how gay my last comment sounds.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Get a holster.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

do those really work?

Actually, ,they're quite good.  Probably the most comfortable of the types (inside waistband; pager pal)  .  They fold just right when one sits down.  The only potential problem with the larger size pistols is weight.  You have to cinch the waistband really tight to keep them from riding down.  A mid size pistol is great.  You have to practice, though, since you have to reach way down there.  But, it would be a hoot to see a bg's face when you pull out a full size 1911 (or, in my case a BHP) when he just thought you had crabs.

That said, I usually carry a Kahr in my pocket.  But, if I am carrying full size, it's one of the top two options.

You can also check out SmartCarry. I have worn one for a couple of years now, and it is incredibly comfortable.  One negative of this design of holster is that it is very slow from a sitting position.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to wear one many years ago with a five-shot revolver.  IIRC, it was a Jay-Pee, which is long since out of business.  However, Bianci sells one that looks to be nicer anyway.

They’re great when absolute concealment is an issue.

However, getting to your handgun is likely to be very slow and is best done using both hands.

Depending on a number of variables (clothes, body shape, etc.), they can be uncomfortable.

And exposed hammers are a potential problem.  To use your Colt in one, you’d probably want to get a hammer shroud (which is both expensive and requires gunsmith installation).

Not sure I’d want to carry anything larger than a five-shot in one anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top