Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 10:52:07 AM EDT
Link to pic and article

Or State Department respons, with strength and conviction, backing up the Americans and Europeans, their cultural ideals and traditions of the 1st Amendment right to free speech thusly:

US blasts cartoons of Prophet Mohammed
Feb 03 11:11 AM US/Eastern
Email this story

The United States blasted the publication by European newspapers of cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed as unacceptable incitement to religious or ethnic hatred.

"These cartoons are indeed offensive to the beliefs of Muslims," State Department spokesman Justin Higgins said when queried about the furore sparked by the cartoons which first appeared in a Danish newspaper.

"We all fully recognize and respect freedom of the press and expression but it must be coupled with press responsibility," Higgins told AFP.

"Inciting religious or ethnic hatreds in this manner is not acceptable. We call for tolerance and respect for all communities and for their religious beliefs and practices."

The cartoons have caused an international furore, with protests in many Muslim nations and from Muslim political leaders.

While many European newspapers have turned the publication into a free speech debate no major US newspaper has published the cartoons.

Editors at several US news organizations told AFP they were covering the escalating row but had decided not to reprint them or air them on television out of respect for their readers or viewers.

------------------------------------------

Our own State Department.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#1]
figures
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny, they don't come out and say anything when you see nasty political cartoons that could be construed as offensive to Christians, thats all good!

Bunch of RoP sympathizers in the State Dept. Fuckers, RoPers would take their heads just as quick, a point that is lost to liberal PC fucks....

Man, this pisses me off....

I've said it before, but with assholes like this around....learn to figure out where east is, and buy some prayer rugs, cause they are selling out the country to the RoP....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#4]
they are missing the boat here. muslims hate the west in general. expressing respect for their relgion and its beliefs and rules only makes us look weak which is like blood to a shark. best thing we could do is simply express the general opinion that we have no other comment to make other than freedom of speech and expression is part of the fabric of western civilization leave it at that.

nothing we can say or do will improve the wests image to muslims..

is amazing to see the european's back each other on this and to have our govt express a negative opinion about their actions...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#6]
State Department contact information

Contact Information

Main address:
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Main Switchboard:
202-647-4000
TTY:
1-800-877-8339 (Federal Relay Service)

Hotline for American Travelers:
202-647-5225

Public Communication Division:
PA/PL, Rm. 2206
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20520
202-647-6575

I'm calling them right fucking now and giving those fuckers an earful.

ETA:  Justin Higgins' direct number is 202-647-2008
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#7]
As much as we'd apparently all like to "kill 'em all", the U.S. must still work with Muslim allies in the WOT.  There's no good reason to piss them all off yet.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am not impressed by the US State Department position on this...

ANdy

Me neither.

I kind of expected better when Denmark was one of only FIVE countries that sent troops to actively participate in the war against Iraq, and has had troops on the ground all along.

Frankly, I am STUNNED and depressed at such a statement from the U.S. State Department.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#11]
State can occasionally be a bunch of pansies, and sometimes think they're a law unto themselves.

I don't much care for 'em.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am not impressed by the US State Department position on this...

ANdy

Me neither.

I kind of expected better when Denmark was one of only FIVE countries that sent troops to actively participate in the war against Iraq, and has had troops on the ground all along.

Frankly, I am STUNNED and depressed at such a statement from the U.S. State Department.

Well if it helps any Denmark is quickly rising up my personal list of favorite countries. 1-Thailand always loved the country food and people 2- New Zealand Beautiful and cool peeps 3-Denmark beating out my old 3rd favorite Scottland and soon looks to knock New Zealand to 3rd
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#13]
"When your enemy is angry, irritate him."  The Art of War, Sun Tzu

We should be publishing photoshopped pictures of Osama bin Laden eating pork at a whore house, while a Jewish woman wipes her ass with a Quran. This bullshit about not stirring up the ragheads that would right now love to kill us all is too much.  

How about some propaganda films of them blowing up mosques and killing children? Or beating women that wanted to vote or go to school? Maybe the CIA should start its own network in the Middle East and put out the US message. Remember Radio Marti or Radio Free Europe?  Don't forget Tokyo Rose and Hanoi Hanna. You can fight a PC war, but you sure as hell can't WIN a PC war.  

Fuck 'em. We have plenty of ammo to send them all to meet Allah. Let God sort 'em out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
"When your enemy is angry, irritate him."  The Art of War, Sun Tzu

We should be publishing photoshopped pictures of Osama bin Laden eating pork at a whore house, while a Jewish woman wipes her ass with a Quran. This bullshit about not stirring up the ragheads that would right now love to kill us all is too much.  
How about some propaganda films of them blowing up mosques and killing children? Or beating women that wanted to vote or go to school? Maybe the CIA should start its own network in the Middle East and put out the US message. Remember Radio Marti or Radio Free Europe?  Don't forget Tokyo Rose and Hanoi Hanna. You can fight a PC war, but you sure as hell can't WIN a PC war.  

Fuck 'em. We have plenty of ammo to send them all to meet Allah. Let God sort 'em out.

Picture my ass, put that on a t-shirt and it will sell itself.

oh, yeah, IBTL.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's your pic    Held up by one of these fucking ROP™ pieces of shit over there.

Know ALL I need to know...........

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#16]

More Cartoons of Mohammed

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if the Islamic protestors see the irony of responding to their being depicted as terrorist by acting like one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Note that SOME of those "cartoons" are FAKES (namely the really offensive ones), that were never published in any newspapers, but that assholes muslim leaders from Denmark took around the middle east and showed people, CLAIMING that this was the kind of stuff they see all the time in Danish newspapers.

This whole thing pretty much blew over back in October, but then these muslim leaders from Denmark deliberately went to the muslim world to try to create outrage and anger against Denmark.  It is disgraceful, and some of my friends are seriously saying that the consider it treason.  After all, if going to another country and deliberealy trying to CREATE anger and hostility so that they will want to hurt your country and kill your contrymen isn't treason, what is?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Note that SOME of those "cartoons" are FAKES (namely the really offensive ones), that were never published in any newspapers, but that assholes muslim leaders from Denmark took around the middle east and showed people, CLAIMING that this was the kind of stuff they see all the time in Danish newspapers.

This whole thing pretty much blew over back in October, but then these muslim leaders from Denmark deliberately went to the muslim world to try to create outrage and anger against Denmark.  It is disgraceful, and some of my friends are seriously saying that the consider it treason.  After all, if going to another country and deliberealy trying to CREATE anger and hostility so that they will want to hurt your country and kill your contrymen isn't treason, what is?

Nothing qualifies as treason anymore.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing qualifies as treason anymore.

Exactly.  Of course, a PC violation is sure to be held in contempt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top