Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 9:54:35 AM EDT
I see this term but I don't know what it means. I asked some friends and they don't know either. Is it just another term for an M4?

I'm not really up on all my black rifle models. I have an SKS and I am familier with what an AK47 is. I get the impression that a few manuafactures make ar15 clones.

But what is an m4gery? Is this something like the berretta storm?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#1]
An AR15 variant that looks like a military M4. ( a knock off/ forgery)
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#2]
It's simply a slang term used to identify an AR-15 that shares some characteristics with the Military's M4 carbine. M4gery's vary greatly in appearance and accessories. That's all.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
You've been here since April 2001 and don't know what an M4gery is?

(Real M4s are fully automatic machine guns. We can't have them without jumping through tax stamp hoops and dropping big bucks on them... so a semiauto M4 is called an "M4gery".)

This post brought to you by the number four, and the letters "M" and "gery"
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I see this term but I don't know what it means. I asked some friends and they don't know either. Is it just another term for an M4?

I'm not really up on all my black rifle models. I have an SKS and I am familier with what an AK47 is. I get the impression that a few manuafactures make ar15 clones.

Nothing Like a Berretta storm.

The rifle at the top left of AR15.com is an M4gery.
The bbl has a nifty slot so you can hang your M203 Nade Launcher.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Am I the only one who didn't have to be told what that meant?  No offense but it's pretty self-explanatory.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe I got all these responses so fast, I JUST CLICKED ENTER!!!

Yes, I have been here all this time and still didn't know. I didn't come to this forum for a couple of years cause I have other interests and can only visit so many forums.

My firearm knowledge is kind of limited to what I have, what I want, or what my friends have. My friends dad has an M4 but did not know what the term M4gery was, I'm sure he would understand in theory, he doesn't frequent firearm websites.

Anyway, thanks for the info. This is just the web so I dont' care if I look stupid here. I will take this information and appear to be gun savy in real life so that works for me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I just reread the thread, I think my friends dad already has an "M4gery" as it is not fully automatic.

Cool, I learned something today.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
and the letter "gery"

The letter "gery" huh?

G
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#9]
M4gery is the term that was used to describe a rifle that was mocked up to be similar to Colt's M4 rifle.

However, since a Federal Court has ruled that the term M4 and AR15 apply to similar rifles not made by Colt I believe that this term is obsolete.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#10]
It's a ghey name for a rifle with an ugly barrel.

Here's my M4ever-orgy with uber tactical clamp on super-tac flash suppressor illuminating desk lamp.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
and the letter "gery"

The letter "gery" huh?

G

ha, glad you noticed
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Been here since 2001, here being AR15.com, and not knowing what an M4gery is.

Were you the one asking about making hamburgers from ground beef?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have an SKS and I am familier with what an AK4gery7 is.

Get it?  A Bushmaster M4 lookalike is an M4gery.  A, oh I don't know, Vulcan AK47 look alike would be an AK4gery7...it just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

don't you mean "your m2037 nade launcher"?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't you mean "your m2037 nade launcher"?

Ummmm no.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
and the letter "gery"

The letter "gery" huh?

G

ha, glad you noticed

I admit I did chuckle.

G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top