Googled and came across this atrocitity
More Work Needed on Gun Control Legislation
Assemblyman Thomas P. DiNapoli (D-Great Neck) is calling for continued action in New York State to enhance the safety of our neighborhoods and to protect citizens from gun violence.
"Last month the Assembly, Senate and the governor came together to enact legislation that dramatically increases penalties for crimes against law-enforcement officials and stiffens penalties for gun trafficking," said DiNapoli. "However, more work remains to be done."
In a special session at the close of last year, the legislature approved bills giving law enforcement officers vital tools to track down illegal guns, ban weaponry used to kill police officers and keep guns out of the hands of felons.
"This year the Assembly continued its efforts. Legislation, that I supported, which will continue to protect the public from gun violence, has been approved by the assembly and awaits approval by the Senate," said DiNapoli.
The anti-gun violence package passed by the Assembly includes:
* A9280 - Cracking Down on Illegal Street Gun Trafficking - requires stringent recordkeeping and reporting to prevent gun sales to criminals. Additionally, gun dealers must implement a security plan, provide employee training, and prohibit minors access to guns.
I think that comes with a FFL
* A2837 - Banning Armor Piercing Ammunition - seeks to rid New York streets of deadly armor piercing ammunition and ammunition that is designed to fragment or explode upon impact. This bill is supported by more than 140 police and sheriffs' departments.
Federal law covers that, and fragmenting ammunition is not armor piercing
* A2213 - Tracking Guns Involved in Crimes - law enforcement personnel would be required to submit ballistic information to the new State Police Ballistic Identification Databank whenever spent bullets, shell casings or guns come into their possession.
* A1170 - Keeping Guns Out of the Hands of Violent Felons - would eliminate a loophole that allows a convicted violent felon to obtain a firearm's license and possess a gun after being issued a "certificate of good conduct." The bill also criminalizes the possession of a rifle or shotgun by a convicted violent felon.
I'm sure the BATF issues FFL's to NY felons every day, sigh
* A673A - The Children's Weapon Accident Prevention Act - seeks to protect children from accidental shootings. Five new categories of crime would be created for negligent storage of a weapon. Gun retailers would be required to alert consumers about the new weapons storage requirements. The state education department would develop a weapons safety program to teach children how to prevent weapon accidents.
* A2302 - Childproofing Firearms - seeks to reduce child-related shootings, particularly those tragedies of children shooting children. This bill, which covers pistols and revolvers manufactured a year after the effective date, would make it a Class A misdemeanor to sell guns without childproof features.
in other words a new way to ban guns
* A2466 - Stopping Assault Weapons - would expand the definition of assault weapon to include guns that have been modified to work like assault weapons.
and what modifications are those exactly?
* A4471 - Banning 50-caliber Weapons - would ban the sale of 50-caliber sniper weapons which can be used to disable commercial aircraft and helicopters.
* A2404 - Domestic Violence - seeks to protect victims of domestic violence by requiring criminal or family court judges to inquire about the existence and location of firearms possessed by a defendant when an order of protection is sought.
Typical cognitive dissonance.
It didn't work before, but the philosophy cannot be wrong. Obviously then, the reason the previous attempts failed was improper implementation, so
DO IT AGAIN, ONLY HARDER!
First a new car... I'm almost there.
From then on, my savings will be towards the ultimate goal of getting myself the hell outta here.
We still have the AWB in full effect... "modifying guns to work like assault weapons" means what exactly? In this communist state, they can't even LOOK like assault weapons!
"...giving law enforcement officers vital tools to track down illegal guns, ban weaponry used to kill police officers and keep guns out of the hands of felons."
Pointy sticks even? My dog, my pen, even my kitchen chair can become an "assault" weapon and kill anyone, even a police officer. Where are they going with this and when is it going to stop? No, don't bother... it's not going to stop. I'm out.
well, at least they have redundancy working for them
yep. this is typical for liberals. they try something new, and if it doesn't work, they try more instead of admitting it just plain does not work.