Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 6:43:52 AM EDT
I've never heard of them before and have no clue who they are.  This group did have a different tactic for suckering people in.  The first thing she asked was which issue did I think was the most important at this time and listed off things such as the war in Iraq, education, national defense, taxes, illegal immigration...ect, making me think it was a poll type of call so I answered Iraq.  Next she asked if I agreed, disagreed, or had mixed feelings on the issue, I replied I generally agreed.  Then she went into this speal about how great GW is, how hard he is working on Iraq, then said the Democrats don't support the troops and are trying to undermine everything GW is doing and wanted to know if I would agree to support the Republican Issues Campaign by sending $75.  I told her not at this time she responded saying she understood it was a lot of money and reminded me that John Kerry and Hillary Clinton were fighting against the Republicans and wanted to know I would be able to send a lesser amount.  Again I replied not at this time and we ended the call.

I don't know if they were an offical RNC group but I can't believe how pathetic there scripts are.  I'm sure some sheep won't figure out they are just being played.  All the script is designed to do is play on emotions and then take advantage of that person.  First they call a sucker, ask them to name the issue they have the most feelings on, this makes them feel important and gives the caller the ability to pull on the suckers emotions.  Next, play up the issue so the sucker feels all emotion, then name a threat to their issue and when they are upset that someone is trying to attack the issue they feel is most important push them to donate.

As for any donations, I only donate on results.  When the AW ban expired my pocket book opened up until Bush got elected.  Now I'm waiting for Bush or Congress to actually accomplish something before I donate again.  I have a feeling it's going to be a long time before that happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top