User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Geez, nearly all our jumps were at 1000-1250. I only remember very few at less than 900.
The Hollywood jumps that 7th Grp sponsored on Saturdays were a gas. I got in 7 jumps in one day once. Most of the time I got in 3-4 on the Hollywood jumps.

I never got beyond four Hollywood jumps in a day.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
10 in one day.  82nd ABN DIV TACP.  C-7A.  St. Marie-Englise.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I pity you poor bastards who have to jump round unsteerable canopies and PLF.  With my recreational canopy, most landings were like stepping off a very fast escalator.  We were taught how to PLF during ground school, but I never really had a landing where I needed to.

It doesn’t matter how many sky dives you've got, until you've stepped out of an airplane in total darkness at twelve hundred and fifty feet wearing ninety-five pounds of equipment and forty-two pounds of parachute, you are still a leg.  Period.

Man, 1250 feet is high up.  I haven't jumped from that high since airborne school.

That is what I was thinking.  

We usually went out at about 800-900 feet at the most.   I swear to God the night I broke/crushed my foot that we were only at about 600 feet.  I checked my canopy, and started to look for the lights of Fayettenam only to see them disappear.  I jerked on the lowering line while verbalizing my thoughts and heard the nylon on nylon "zip" only to miss the tug and hear a "thump".

Landed on the ruck, slipped off the front, planted my toe and sat on my heel with all the momentum i had.

Snap!  Crackle!  Pop!    

Skull-Fucked again (Lt. Col. Scully was Bat. Commmander for 2nd Bat. 505).
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
some jump memories,

At jump school, tower week, we're in the bleachers at the swing landing trainer, and the blackhat is talking to the class, when a classmember, seal, hooked up to the swing landing trainer for the gueni pig swings out and back and forth behind his back being funny. The blackhat turns around and lets go of the rope, thud. lol

Had to spead arms and legs and bounce of lower jumpers suspension lines 1 time.

Door position, enjoying the view, didn't hear jumpmaster say go, foot in rear, poor exit, lots of twists, bicylce out of them, look down and see treess and the edge of the river directly below, crash through trees and land about 40 feet over rivers edge. Deploy water wings a few minutes afterwards so I can say I did proceedure.

Some stories I heard while in, the paratroopers who were struck by a lower flying c 130 in a mass jump excercise and how some cut completely away to avoid it then deployed their reserve.

Stories of  "jack the rigger"....... card says "donald duck" packed that chute......  scary stories there.

Shaking out chutes details, commonly sucked.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
We typically jumped at 800 AGL
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top