Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 5:20:12 PM EDT
Linky

NAACP chairman compares GOP to Nazis
Bond delivers blistering partisan speech in North Carolina

Civil rights activist and NAACP Chairman Julian Bond delivered a blistering partisan speech at Fayetteville State University in North Carolina last night, equating the Republican Party with the Nazi Party and characterizing Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and her predecessor, Colin Powell, as "tokens."

"The Republican Party would have the American flag and the swastika flying side by side," he charged.

Calling President Bush a liar, Bond told the audience at the historically black institution that this White House's lies are more serious than the lies of his predecessor's because Clinton's lies didn't kill people.

"We now find ourselves refighting old battles we thought we had already won," he said. "We have to fight discrimination whenever it raises its ugly head."

He referred to former Attorney General John Ashcroft as J. Edgar Ashcroft. He compared Bush's judicial nominees to the Taliban.

The talk so infuriated at least one black family in attendance among the 900 in the auditorium that they got up and walked out in protest.

"He went on and on name calling," said Lee Wilson. "I walked out in the middle of his speech with my wife and three kids"

The harsh partisan rhetoric from Bond should not have surprised anyone who has followed him in recent years.

In July 2001, Bond said, "[Bush] has selected nominees from the Taliban wing of American politics, appeased the wretched appetites of the extreme right wing, and chosen Cabinet officials whose devotion to the Confederacy is nearly canine in its uncritical affection."

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I read that earlier tonight.

What a nucking fut!!

I also think it is just another way to try to scare folks into sending in their $$$$.

Sort of a fund raising tactic.

Too bad the NAACP is irrelevant.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheney:  "We got some SEALs to put in the final explosive charges in the levee.  You sure you want to go through with this?"

Bush:  "Fo' shizzle, bro."
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
How does a man who speaks like that publicly make it to the chairmaship?  I know, the NAACP is about as loony as the Brady's, but you want a head thats good with PR and can say all kindofs of blistering things in a way that can't actually piss anybody off.

I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]
How it must suck to be black in America, and find that while you are working 60 hours a week and going to church every time they open the doors, you are being "represented" in public by a pack of jackals, charlatans, Communists, thieves, hustlers, and lunatics. You are a Baptist. When you take your garbage out, the neighbor gives you the fisheye. Why? Because he just read in Parade Magazine how "your spokesman" Louis Farrakhan ascribes white humanity to the experiments of the evil Yakub, and calls on all black people to await the return of the Mother Wheel. What do you do? What do you say? You go next door to explain that those jackanapes don't speak for you, and offer your neighbor one of your wife's homemade bean pies and then . . . .

If I had to bet, I'd bet that morons like Al Sharpton, Julian Bond, Kweisi Mfume, Louis Farrakhan, et al. have less to fear from the Klan and the CIA than from any half-dozen black men leading decent lives who all realize at the same time that those bastards are hung around their necks like a leper's bell.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted: If I had to bet, I'd bet that morons like Al Sharpton, Julian Bond, Kweisi Mfume, Louis Farrakhan, et al. have less to fear from the Klan and the CIA than from any half-dozen black men leading decent lives who all realize at the same time that those bastards are hung around their necks like a leper's bell.
No kidding. Can you imagine how a black professional feels when they see those race hustlers at the NAACP on TV. They have to be thinking, "Oh no. Not them again! How am I going to get promoted when those jokers keep running their mouths?"
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#6]
hell, if these assholes keep talking, there will be a black on black race war.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The harsh partisan rhetoric from Bond should not have surprised anyone who has followed him in recent years.

+1 And Bellafonte, Glover and the rest of the looney left.

Quoted:
How it must suck to be black in America, and find that while you are working 60 hours a week and going to church every time they open the doors, you are being "represented" in public by a pack of jackals, charlatans, Communists, thieves, hustlers, and lunatics.  

Thats where the mistake is often made. I am no more "represented" by Julian Bondo than you are by Pat Robertson, Cindy Sheehan or Michael Moore.

Did you guys forget I told you over half my family voted for GW the last election, and that includes my 72 yr old Mother who had never voted for a Republican. Team members catch my post in Team about my Sister in SF last week or so??

The Dims are a sinking ship of fools, and anyone who isnt wearing blinders can see it. The only ones giving them any press or thought are the looney left. Everyone else is laughing.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn what did the Republicans do..oh yea

FUCKING FREED ALL THE DAMNED SLAVES!!!!

....Oh how short their memory is.

If it were not for those damned nazi's all the blacks might still be picking cotton in the "We are for States Rights" CSA!!!!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
When someone resorts to name calling and doesnt engage in intelligent dialog, it means the other person is doing something right.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't stand theese libtards that say Clinton's lies didn't kill anyone. So nobody was killed in Kosovo?(I'm still waiting for those mass graves I was promised (what was it claimed 500,000 dead?), and they certainly wern't shipped to another country I can tell you that for sure).
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How it must suck to be black in America, and find that while you are working 60 hours a week and going to church every time they open the doors, you are being "represented" in public by a pack of jackals, charlatans, Communists, thieves, hustlers, and lunatics. You are a Baptist. When you take your garbage out, the neighbor gives you the fisheye. Why? Because he just read in Parade Magazine how "your spokesman" Louis Farrakhan ascribes white humanity to the experiments of the evil Yakub, and calls on all black people to await the return of the Mother Wheel. What do you do? What do you say? You go next door to explain that those jackanapes don't speak for you, and offer your neighbor one of your wife's homemade bean pies and then . . . .

If I had to bet, I'd bet that morons like Al Sharpton, Julian Bond, Kweisi Mfume, Louis Farrakhan, et al. have less to fear from the Klan and the CIA than from any half-dozen black men leading decent lives who all realize at the same time that those bastards are hung around their necks like a leper's bell.

You got a good imagination pal.

I never heard any blacks denounce any of their "leaders" in my life.

And those leaders have been pure unadulterated dogshit for as far back as I can remember.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I think we should gas him
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Once you compare someone to Hitler, you've lost the arguement.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Probably because they are too ashamed to mention them.  Ever heard a German talk about Hitler?z
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Would it be un-PC to compare the NAACP to leeches and broken sewer pipes, sucking off the hard work of the rest of us and spewing their shit at anyone who comes by?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:03:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Organizations that are exclusively for one ethinicity or another only cause one thing, keeping racism alive.  Once we drop the prefix to just plain American vice african american, mexican american etc...

That is garbage what the NAACP authority is saying.  

I am an American.  I love my country and I serve it.  

Max

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:08:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Let them who have ears hear.

Is Cindy Sheehan your leader? Hillary Clinton? Barney Franks? Ted Kennedy?

The very same people screaming about a hyphen are the very same people declaring someone my leader.

I have one leader, God. Anyone else is an imposter.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:11:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Probably because they are too ashamed to mention them.  Ever heard a German talk about Hitler?z

At least try and compare apples to apples maybe?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:11:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If it were not for those damned nazi's all the blacks might still be picking cotton in the "We are for States Rights" CSA!!!!

Wish I was in the land of cotton......old times there are not forgotten.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:20:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Bond has become delusional.  Perhaps it's time to break out the Prozac.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:39:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might as well forget about them, if that shit get shand picked again, your ass will be doing it.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:58:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
How does a man who speaks like that publicly make it to the chairmaship?  I know, the NAACP is about as loony as the Brady's, but you want a head thats good with PR and can say all kindofs of blistering things in a way that can't actually piss anybody off.

I just don't get it.

Neither do I but imagine if he's the best of the bunch, the best they could get?

Edit to add. The sad fact is I know there are better qualified candidates, not in the naacp though. I'm wondering if he is the best of that looney bunch how do the rest of them act during their private meetings? Or is it more like prime time wrestling where even they know it's bs but they have a show to put on?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:05:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might as well forget about them, if that shit get shand picked again, your ass will be doing it.

Good one, dude.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:21:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:34:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I just don't get it.

The national NAACP leadership is looney beyond belief.

The local chapters are a bit more sane, and some of them are even downright sensible!

I have seen NAACP members hang their heads in shame after hearing what their leadership says.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:48:22 AM EDT
[#26]
The best part about this is the NAACP is tax exempt.

Man, is this a great country or what ?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:10:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I can't stand theese libtards that say Clinton's lies didn't kill anyone. So nobody was killed in Kosovo?(I'm still waiting for those mass graves I was promised (what was it claimed 500,000 dead?), and they certainly wern't shipped to another country I can tell you that for sure).

Ummmmm...... they are cleaning out mass graves to this day.  It simply isn't big news.  Go looking for stories about mass graves in Bosnia-Kosovo area.

ETA:  Most of the reason for those mass graves is that Clinton couldn't be bothered to stop banging his interns long enough to make a real decision.  While he had Marines sitting off the coast and the bombing went on people were being murdered en masse.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#28]
It has come to my attention that the term "colored" is insensitive.

From now on, that organization shall be refered to as the National Association and Alliance for the Advancement of African Affiliated American People, or NAAAAAAP.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:40:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 And Bellafonte, Glover and the rest of the looney left.

Quoted:
How it must suck to be black in America, and find that while you are working 60 hours a week and going to church every time they open the doors, you are being "represented" in public by a pack of jackals, charlatans, Communists, thieves, hustlers, and lunatics.  

Thats where the mistake is often made. I am no more "represented" by Julian Bondo than you are by Pat Robertson, Cindy Sheehan or Michael Moore.

Did you guys forget I told you over half my family voted for GW the last election, and that includes my 72 yr old Mother who had never voted for a Republican. Team members catch my post in Team about my Sister in SF last week or so??

The Dims are a sinking ship of fools, and anyone who isnt wearing blinders can see it. The only ones giving them any press or thought are the looney left. Everyone else is laughing.

CavVet, I think I might use that as a sigline.  I like your style!!

And then, just a few posts later, another classic!!

Quoted:

You might as well forget about them, if that shit gets hand picked again, your ass will be doing it.

Very well done sir.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:43:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I read that earlier tonight.

What a nucking fut!!

I also think it is just another way to try to scare folks into sending in their $$$$.

Sort of a fund raising tactic.

Too bad the NAACP is irrelevant.  

BINGO!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#31]
there are only 2 kinds of people.

people who are gun freaks

and people who aren't
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Pressure groups exist in the black and latino communities because they are dumber and lazier than Asians.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#33]
If what he says is TRUE, can I have my own Panzer Regiment?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I sent them an email yesterday, here is their response:

Thank you for contacting the NAACP Washington Bureau.  We are the national
public policy office and federal legislative liaisons for the NAACP.  

For your information, I have forwarded your e-mail to the office of NAACP
Chairman of the Board Julian Bond for his review, and asked that he contact you
directly with any questions or comments.  If you wish to reach out to him
directly, his office is located in our national headquarters in Baltimore, MD.
The address is:

NAACP National Headquarters

4805 Mt. Hope Drive

Baltimore, MD  21215

The phone number is :

(410) 580-5777

Thank you again for contacting the NAACP Washington Bureau.

Eric  

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#35]
FWIW, I think it was Tony Snow today who said Bondo was misquoted a couple times in the aforementioned report.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#36]
the NAACP just doesn't want to admit that they are still slaves to the Democratic plantations...they make good slaves serving their master who feeds them, controls them, aborts them,  keeps 'em poor and rounded up in them ghettos where they can watch them...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:09:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To clarify, I put quotation marks around "represented" to indicate that I don't think the asshats in question actually represent much of anybody. My point was that lots of non-blacks assume those guys speak for black people in general - just as somebody in Ca. or NY probably would think that Pat Robertson was my hero as soon as they heard my accent.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:14:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:06:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Ah yes, and the Democrats have served the interests of black America so well, haven't they?

LOL  

They've been the slave masters for the last 45+ years and the NAACP apparently doesn't realize it.

or maybe they do.....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

+1x10^6!  

THAT pretty much says it all.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ah yes, and the Democrats have served the interests of black America so well, haven't they?

LOL  

They've been the slave masters for the last 45+ years and the NAACP apparently doesn't realize it.

or maybe they do.....

The NAACP is a hate group and should be classified as such. They are the black KKK.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Where's OPRAH.  She's busy beatin on our boy Dave Chappelle for using the n-word and making fun of some things and here's an old brother (who ought to know better) calling the President a Nazi and the Secretary of State, past and present, house niggers.   Now's your chance baby, defend your people against slander....or become irrelevant to the rest of us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top