Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/2/2006 3:57:35 PM EDT
You know, you always hear that being obese shortens your life expectancy. And the average life expectancy in the US is about 75-78, right?

Well, tonight I go to do a portable x-ray on an 89 year old woman. Now, when I got to the room I did a double-take and wondered if I was in the right room. I am used to seeing little old 89 year olds who weigh 80 pounds max.

This woman was FUCKING HUGE! 350 pounds, with a huge belly. And I was there to do an x-ray of her abdomen for . . . . . . .

<wait for it>

A FEEDING TUBE placement - wow.

And her diagnosis for admittal to the hospital?

"Lethargy and shortness of breath"

Sometimes, my job just makes me laugh.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:04:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Greywolf2112:
You know, you always hear that being obese shortens your life expectancy. And the average life expectancy in the US is about 75-78, right?

Well, tonight I go to do a portable x-ray on an 89 year old woman. Now, when I got to the room I did a double-take and wondered if I was in the right room. I am used to seeing little old 89 year olds who weigh 80 pounds max.

This woman was FUCKING HUGE! 350 pounds, with a huge belly. And I was there to do an x-ray of her abdomen for . . . . . . .

<wait for it>

going to hell for this but
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:04:04 PM EDT
Pics?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:05:04 PM EDT
That is
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:06:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KyBlaster:
Pics?

this is better without pix.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:06:34 PM EDT
an obese person that age? Its miracle she is alive. One thing you dont see a lot ot of huge old people.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:08:44 PM EDT
Eric I know you make assloads more money than I do but I still don't know that I could do your job. I guess you are paid for the dangers that you face.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:08:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:16:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SigSaurP228:
Eric I know you make assloads more money than I do but I still don't know that I could do your job. I guess you are paid for the dangers that you face.

Actually, I am positive that if we compared paychecks (esp. with how many sales you are making each month) you would be surprised at how close we are.

Plus, you have a LOT less expenses than me (mortgage, taxes, insurance costs, gas for your commute, etc.)

Still, I must say, it can be interesting. And I am surrounded by HOT HOT HOT nurses, female doctors, etc. Of course, I can't touch any of them
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:17:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 50cal:
Wow, you have all the fun Greywolf! I just get to build .50's

You just HAD to rub it in, didn't you, Tony?

Hey, how are some of those "ideas" you had regarding that semi-auto only replica of a German gun coming along? Cool idea!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:23:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 4:26:24 PM EDT by SigSaurP228]

Originally Posted By SigSaurP228:

Actually, I am positive that if we compared paychecks (esp. with how many sales you are making each month) you would be surprised at how close we are.

Plus, you have a LOT less expenses than me (mortgage, taxes, insurance costs, gas for your commute, etc.)

Still, I must say, it can be interesting. And I am surrounded by HOT HOT HOT nurses, female doctors, etc. Of course, I can't touch any of them

*cough cough* I have had some comforting from some good looking asian PIE Oh yeah and I met a really good looking Xray tech student at work as well
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:29:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 4:30:41 PM EDT by capnrob97]

<wait for it>

I think obesity is an Al-Queda plot, maybe they are buying up donut shops, candy bar companies, and trying to defeat us from within

I still get angry seeing the fat-a$$'s riding around the mall in a motorized wheel-chair, most can walk, but are to lazy too...

I think obesity is an Al-Queda plot, maybe they are buying up donut shops, candy bar companies, and trying to defeat us from within

I still get angry seeing the fat-a$$'s riding around the mall in a motorized wheel-chair, most can walk, but are too lazy too...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:35:46 PM EDT
Steal her genes. Just a swab will do. Or maybe a fingertip.

Big bucks in those resilient chromosomes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:18:54 PM EDT
An obese octogenarian. Will wonders never cease?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:32:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:
An obese octogenarian. Will wonders never cease?

We get all sorts here. What is really sad are the car accident victims, especially the young ones, who are quads/paras. We have a beautiful young 18 year old girl who is a quad due to a drunk driver. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Top Top