Quoted:
Boy, do I get to be the first to ask...

"Which one is DKPROF???"

Isnt he a Dane?

A ham...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

No, you don't look like an astronaut. More like a Navy pilot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Which one is DKPROF???"

Isnt he a Dane?

that's the joke that goes around here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the pics.  The M16 LMG looks like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice Muzzle Discipline

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Which one is DKPROF???"

Isnt he a Dane?

that's the joke that goes around here.

He wears Tactical Clogs...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/imagssses.jpg

Well if those are his shoes, he wasnt there!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Can the Elcan see thru the carrying handle?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

img140.imageshack.us/img140/1327/p20300250oz.jpg
img140.imageshack.us/img140/7038/p20300215sj.jpg

The carry handle can fold down to either side, I dont know why he has it up.

FLYING DUTCHMAN!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If I remeber right the handle will pivot down out of LOS.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Do I look like an astronaught?
img132.imageshack.us/img132/9687/astroman3lp.jpg

Nope, more like............................

Nice pics, looks like fun! Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#17]
very nice pix.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I am trying to trade for one of these Berrets.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#19]

How did you like their skills?

I've never trained with Dutch troops, but I've heard nothing but good things about their Marines.  Friends of mine have trained with regular dutch troops (in Bosnia and other places), and were not impressed.

Oh - and bastiat, I've underlined your name on my list now!  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I've never trained with Dutch troops, but I've heard nothing but good things about their Marines.  Friends of mine have trained with regular dutch troops (in Bosnia and other places), and were not impressed.

You and DrFriDge need to get together one day and compare lists...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#21]
The Elcan is FUGLY.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The Elcan is FUGLY.  

Really?

I love the ELCAN, and personally, I think it looks better than the Acog too.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Seems good, we were doing really simple stuff the first part of this day, when we moved on to some harder clearing they stumbled at first, but picked it up really fast. Seem to be motivated and want to learn, so overall I would rate them better than all the Pog US Marines we have taught. I will tell you tommorow if they are better than our infantry guys I have taught.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Nice Muzzle Discipline

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Misc/muzzle.jpg

Uhm, have you ever been in a combat zone?  There are assumed risks.  That is why you have to trust your buddy, his training, and your weapon.  That's not a shooting range.

ETA:  Great pictures.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice Muzzle Discipline

Uhm, have you ever been in a combat zone?  There are assumed risks.  That is why you have to trust your buddy, his training, and your weapon.  That's not a shooting range.

I wonder what he thinks when tommorow we point those guns at each other and then shoot each other!!!!! with sim........
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Tag.  Great pics!  Whats up with the Dutch guys wearing our woodland pattern?  I know it's a rather common camo, but I figured they all had the DPM like some of the jackets they were wearing.

-K
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I wonder what he thinks when tommorow we point those guns at each other and then shoot each other!!!!! with sim........

You, sir, are a menace to society.  Combat training!  What do you need that for?  Don't tell me you guys actually train to kill people.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You, sir, are a menace to society.  Combat training!  What do you need that for?  Don't tell me you guys actually train to kill people.  

From my other mout town thread....... Actual killing!!!!!........with sims

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From my other mout town thread....... Actual killing!!!!!........with sims

img489.imageshack.us/img489/6839/pc1600144ir.jpg

I knew it!
The Killbot Factory!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Were you FAP'd out to MOUT town or what? I've been through the bust AI course and always see you guys there, just wondering where you all come from.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#31]
e

Quoted:
Were you FAP'd out to MOUT town or what? I've been through the bust AI course and always see you guys there, just wondering where you all come from.

Yep, dont have enough time left to deploy again, and was formerly in security forces and FAST, so they sent me out to mout town, since I knew CQB stuff. Ok job, work a week, a week off pretty much.

When did you come through?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks a hell of a lot like Project Metropolis in Camp Lejeune.  If it is, awesome course with awesome instructors.

Is that shorter Brazilian Marine still there?  He was awesome.  Natural comedian and badass.  LCpl Oliveira, I believe?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm still not sold on the whole "Light Support Weapon" concept. Any thoughts since you've worked with 'em in a way, Rust?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn, I wish I could find and a Colt Light Machinegun Upper for my M16...for under $2K.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice Muzzle Discipline

Bullshit!  That is just being lazy.  They are not in a 'combat zone' they are training.  There was not a need to have his rifle pointed at his buddies, it looks like he just wanted a place to rest his hands.  You enforce muzzle dicipline now so it gets ingrained they don't have their weapon pointing at a friendly unless there is a dire need; getting relaxed about muzzle dicipline is how people get accidentally shot.

Fight4YourRights knows about training on a hot range around other people, he also knows about 'low ready' where you can have your rifle ready around your buddies and not shoot one of them if it discharges.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Looks a hell of a lot like Project Metropolis in Camp Lejeune.  If it is, awesome course with awesome instructors.

Is that shorter Brazilian Marine still there?  He was awesome.  Natural comedian and badass.  LCpl Oliveira, I believe?

Yup, thats where I work, I think I have heard of Lcpl Oliveira, but I think he left right before I got there.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yup, thats where I work, I think I have heard of Lcpl Oliveira, but I think he left right before I got there.

Awesome.  Our unit built that phony railhead for the course.  Have they expanded it since then?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome.  Our unit built that phony railhead for the course.  Have they expanded it since then?

Nope, we havnt ever used it, what did they ever use it for!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Cool pictures.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Cool pictures.

+1
(sarcasm on/)
Somebody forgot to tell those guys that
20" M16's/C7's are inferior in every
respect to 14.5" models. (/sarcasm off)
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Intersting variety of camo patterns in their uniforms.  I would have expected more uniformity in them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Yeah, I thought building fake train track was a waste of time and money.  But, oh well.  I guess that was our admission fee for the course.  Though, I knew that would happen, all the sweat for no point.  I was out there shoveling gravel and pounding rail for a good 3 days.  It was about 130 degrees out, we had to work with our kevlars and flak jackets on, and now you guys don't even have the decency to use.   Thanks a lot RustedAce.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I thought building fake train track was a waste of time and money.  But, oh well.  I guess that was our admission fee for the course.  Though, I knew that would happen, all the sweat for no point.  I was out there shoveling gravel and pounding rail for a good 3 days.  It was about 130 degrees out, we had to work with our kevlars and flak jackets on, and now you guys don't even have the decency to use.   Thanks a lot RustedAce.

I would say we would try to use it, but I have no idea how I can use it to teach clearing!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Mout towns make my pants tighter .
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit!  That is just being lazy.  They are not in a 'combat zone' they are training.  

That is all I needed to hear.  Train like you fight, fight like you train.  If their training is to be realistic, they are "in a combat zone."  Hey, guess what?  A big part of my training involved me BEING DOWN RANGE while machine guns and rifles were engaging targets only degrees from my position with live ammo.  Those bastards!  

Not to piss on RustedAce's thread, but I hate armchair commandoes who make bullshit generalizations.  Great photos.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are not in a 'combat zone' they are training.  

Train like you fight....  you practice your drills like you're on a range and you'll fight like that.

I agree - and shouldn't you train yourself NOT to point a loaded weapon at your buddy needlessly?

Now if a bunch of civilians and Cops can lean to do it, I'd think some professional trigger pullers shouldn't have a problem.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
 Hey, guess what?  A big part of my training involved me BEING DOWN RANGE while machine guns and rifles were engaging targets only degrees from my position with live ammo.  Those bastards!  

You don't see a big difference between being in a live fire exercise and guys standing around?

No wonder so many of the officers are anal about taking the weapons/ammo away when they are not in the field.  Their NCO's can't tell the difference between live fire training and basic weapon safety.

You I'm no longer serving, but even as a civilian I've been downrange as rounds were fired - during a training exercise.  But NOBODY stood around with rifles pointing at other students - especially while their eyes were watching some 'action'.

Please look at this photo.  The soldier in question is clearly watching how the two other trainees are handling the window.   He's not 'training' some uber-tactical Ninja move while covering some sector of fire.  That's negligence not 'training'.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top