Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There's only two things in this world that I hate:

People who are intolerant of other peoples' culture, and the Dutch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There's only two things in this world that I hate:

People who are intolerant of other peoples' culture, and the Dutch.

Luckily most knew english and not just freaky deeky dutch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Ace, any concerns with posting their faces and training on the net?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Nope, they didnt care.

What they normally do is wander around Aruba and look for lost American spring breakers, so I am sure they were all over the news.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in a little late, but as a former Elcan owner I've got to say WTF?  It looks like they are using them for CQB.  Maybe with an RRA tac entry stock-esque setup like I used to run on my AR-10, but even then your eye relief has to be pretty dead on.  3.4x IIRC.  Certainly not for inside use.  Maybe on a short-mid range outside shooter, but not on CQB.  I'll stick with my Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Friends of mine have trained with regular dutch troops (in Bosnia and other places), and were not impressed.

I still remember growing up in Germany in the 1970s and 1980s, seeing Dutch troops off duty- filthy very long hair, long beards, etc., and, boy, they smelled! I thought a bunch of hippies had raided an army surplus store. In Bremen, some offered to smoke some hashish with me, which I declined.....

ETA:

DK-Prof- your new avatar!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm in a little late, but as a former Elcan owner I've got to say WTF?  It looks like they are using them for CQB.  Maybe with an RRA tac entry stock-esque setup like I used to run on my AR-10, but even then your eye relief has to be pretty dead on.  3.4x IIRC.  Certainly not for inside use.  Maybe on a short-mid range outside shooter, but not on CQB.  I'll stick with my Aimpoint.

They said they just used Irons for close stuff, but they didnt want to take their elcans off for this because they would lose the zero.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They said they just used Irons for close stuff, but they didnt want to take their elcans off for this because they would lose the zero.

Gotcha.  Doesn't LaRue now make a mount for the Elcan that'll hold a great zero?

I know they have the SR-25 mount contract.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:53:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing them. hermold

We use only thermolds AFAIK.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Elcan is FUGLY.  

Looks are decieving........been shooting one the last year or so, they are great A-R optics.

Thanks for the pics.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:07:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Tag for simunition pics.

G

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Great pictures. Thank you.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, they didnt care.

What they normally do is wander around Aruba and look for lost American spring breakers, so I am sure they were all over the news.

Any opsec concerns?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Intersting variety of camo patterns in their uniforms.  I would have expected more uniformity in them.

You should have seen the American Marines during OIF I. It was like riding with a band of gypsies.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Interesting. In Ye Olden Days, Dutch Marines used to wear their jump wings on their right arm, in a manner similar to the British. Here they're on his right chest. Shame I'm not allowed put them on BDUs. (Evil, pointless regulation)

NTM
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Clearing Les Nessman's office I see. Boy is he gonna be pissed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Please look at this photo.  The soldier in question is clearly watching how the two other trainees are handling the window.   He's not 'training' some uber-tactical Ninja move while covering some sector of fire.  That's negligence not 'training'.

Thats what happens in the Army. Guess what, if I was to hand my partner a gun, I don't clear it first, because he trusts me with his life, and he knows that when I tell him its in that state, thats what it is.

When you are in the army, your whole freaking job is controlling and using your weapon with profiency. Dont be such a range Nazi.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#19]
So do the Dutch use carbines?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes we do,We use the Diemaco C8

Eddie
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Still no substitute for a US Marine
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Guess what, if I was to hand my partner a gun, I don't clear it first, because he trusts me with his life, and he knows that when I tell him its in that state, thats what it is.

Tell that to the parents of the 4 US Army soldiers who died in the last 6 months due to "Professional Soldiers" negligenly handling 'unloaded' weapons.

When you are in the army, your whole freaking job is controlling and using your weapon with profiency.

Sorry been there done that got the DD214.  Frankly weapon handling is really low on the priorities

[qutoe]
Dont be such a range Nazi.

Ahh so not sweeping your buddies is now being a 'Range Nazi'.

BTW the USMC/Navy Brass seem to disagree:
www.safetycenter.navy.mil/MEDIA/groundwarrior/issues/winter05/FewWords.htm

BTW Rusted Ace how did the Dutch Marines do today compared to our guys?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Great pics, great job. Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Welkom Eddie!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eddie

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I thought the only Marine was a US Marine.

Korps Mariniers
They have been in service since 1665, which makes them the second longest serving Marine Corps unit in history.  The UK's Royal Marines were raised the year before, in 1664.

So I'd say you are FOS.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Nice Muzzle Discipline

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Misc/muzzle.jpg

He's part of the E.U.  His rifle only shoots pretty flowers and sweet kisses.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Are there other nationalities represented or did they get their gear from the military Goodwill store?  They definitely have a mix-and-match thing going.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Did that traing include defending the newspapers from suicide protestors?

As for the muzzle discipline: its called a muzzlebrush in training, its called fratricide in combat.
I really don't understand how anybody would be arguing about muzzle discipline.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#31]
We aparently are not doing sim till they come back I think next weekend... I gave them this websites adress, hopefully they find my thread haha.

More pictures:

Thats all for now
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought the only Marine was a US Marine.

Korps Mariniers
They have been in service since 1665, which makes them the second longest serving Marine Corps unit in history.  The UK's Royal Marines were raised the year before, in 1664.

So I'd say you are FOS.

neat to know
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eddie

Are you in the Marines or the Dutch army? The Marines didnt seem to think much of their army
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#34]
What a great way to get your left eardrum blasted out of your right ear! I hope they don't do that in real life

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
What a great way to get your left eardrum blasted out of your right ear! I hope they don't do that in real life

It's about the same way were were taught to hold the M-16 when we did CQB for our spin-up. The rifle is just too long and unwieldy otherwise. The good news though is that as the troops go in the door, they generally separate so when it comes down to the #2 actually shooting,  he should be clear.

I think you should have words with your AH-1 mechanics. I don't think that chopper'll take off.

What's with the flight suit anyway?

NTM
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Good job and god bless...PS i ,m glad you guys are on our side.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's about the same way were were taught to hold the M-16 when we did CQB for our spin-up. The rifle is just too long and unwieldy otherwise. The good news though is that as the troops go in the door, they generally separate so when it comes down to the #2 actually shooting,  he should be clear.

I think you should have words with your AH-1 mechanics. I don't think that chopper'll take off.

What's with the flight suit anyway?

NTM

Flight suit is what we wear as instructors. No idea why.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The Marines didnt seem to think much of their army

Sounds like everyone is one the same page on that one.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

In the Danish army, there was an improvised emergency AA "mount" for our belt-fed LMG (the MG-3) that invovled the helped grapping the bipod and putting the barrel on his shoulder, so the gunner could fire.  Having the muzzle of a 7.62 MG at about 1000 rpm right next to your head isn't too much fun either, but needs must when the devil drives.  

It was also sometimes used in other unique situations - not just for AA, but the point is that sometimes your eardrums are just something that you're going to have to worry about later.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the Danish army, there was an improvised emergency AA "mount" for our belt-fed LMG (the MG-3) that invovled the helped grapping the bipod and putting the barrel on his shoulder, so the gunner could fire.  Having the muzzle of a 7.62 MG at about 1000 rpm right next to your head isn't too much fun either, but needs must when the devil drives.  

It was also sometimes used in other unique situations - not just for AA, but the point is that sometimes your eardrums are just something that you're going to have to worry about later.  

Yup, rather be alive and deaf.

Actually am alive and deaf, had an M1A1 shoot about 10 times 10 feet from mebut he blew up the bad guys so its all good.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Marines didnt seem to think much of their army

Sounds like everyone is one the same page on that one.  

The Dutch and British Marines do a lot of joint training together, our Marines reckon the Dutch are pretty switched on, noone thinks much of the regular Dutch Army.

ANdy

If we get some Brits here sometime, I will let you know what I think Andy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Got any more pics of the Cobra for an old rotor head?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Got any more pics of the Cobra for an old rotor head?

here ya go:

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#47]
One of our partner units in Germany was Dutch; got to do some shooting with them back in '90-'91-FAL, Browning HP, and Uzi.  Believe it or not, they invited us for an eval shoot of candidates to replace the FAL and HP. In one day, we got to shoot Galil's,AUG,and for pistol comparisons, Glock 9mm.  For reference purposes, they also had a .357 Magnum revolver and (I think) a .32 Walther target pistol!

By the way, you can trade a lot better than a beret-I got a cool OD jacket with slanted chest pockets for a BDU shirt.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#48]
You look kinda like Tom Brady......
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Airframes, TOW launchers, rotorheads.....I'm crying here.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Get a haircut and drop the 80's sunglasses
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top