BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
After we get Afghanistan and Iraq subdued, we can do the Alexander the Great world tour part deux on them

+1

Yes, but how long will it be before iraq and afghanistan are subdued / stable???  It'll be awhile still before that happens and I personally believe that if we wait THAT long it'll already be too late.  If we go in we'd be better off with help.  The ball is rolling in the UN security council.  Yes the UN is BS, but it's what we need to get other countries in on this.  Yes Isreal could be a huge help, but have we thought about the serious shitstorm that would create in the other mid-east countries?  It's a tricky situation.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Sooner or later they will have nuclear weapons, why wait? Besides, we liberated Afganastan and Iraq, three countires would make a nice set!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
We should hit Iran ASAP with a combined arms assault straight towards their capital. They aren't expecting us to use the same exact tactics/stratgey we used to take out Iraq. The last thing on anybody's mind right now is the US Military launching a frontal assault on pathetic Iranian conscripts.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Iran may have the WMDs that left iraq, most of them probably aren't a long range threat, but would be devistating on ground troops. We have the ability to do this without committing ground forces. The goal is not liberating iran, its elliminating a  nuclear threat, with a colateral regime change. IMO, this will be air only, and a very short event, probably with only a few planes actually doing the deed, and others for support, also with destroyer based missles, quick, hard, and effective. From what I have seen on T.V, the iranian people aren't pro weastern, but aren't as radical either. Several clerics think the iranian president is crazy, and blasphemous, and wouldn't mind seeing him gone. As usual, this will end up being a U.S. action, with only token support from other nations.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
lets get our other shit figured out first and let someone else lead this one....

+1

Good plan!  Let them get nukes 1st!  Worked well with North Korea!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are we no shit considering attacking Iran?  Or is it just making good news on FOX?  
~Dg84

Just good news on FOX....

ANdy

Not true.  We are absolutely not going to allow Iran to get nukes.  And the Israelis sure as hell aren't going to either.

They are hellbent on getting them.....see a problem here?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't say they didn't have their own, but they probably have what ever was in iraq, in addition to their own. In other words, they have a good supply of chem/bio weapons.(edit) From reading your link, they also have missles with pretty good range.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#9]
How about WE bomb them back to the stoneage, the Israelis stay home, and the U.N. can occupy Iran for the time of government changeover preiod.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
lets get our other shit figured out first and let someone else lead this one....

+1

Good plan!  Let them get nukes 1st!  Worked well with North Korea!

-Absolut-

First, don't take this wrong... I'm not attacking, just discussing.  
How has North Korea used there nukes as leverage?  I mean... It's maybe kept the north from attacking.  Nukes or not I think we've done an OK job of dealing with North Korea.  They're contained for the most part.  Of course this might be because they're leader is a complete whack-job.  

Go Steelers,
~Dg84  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That is a fantasy.

We cannot leave Iraq without invading Iran.

There was also no point in invading Iraq without using it to invade Iran.

And there is no one else.

The Isralies do not have the means to take out Iran.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Contrary to popular belief in this site, i firmly believe that when we go into Iran we need to go with France, UK, Italy, Germany, Russia, etc.... We need this, & not for any world opinion bs, but to limit the impact on our own military. Shit, let some other countries get dirty with us, we seem to be cleaning all the garbage for the whole world. Imho.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...i firmly believe that when we go into Iran we need to go with France, UK, Italy, Germany, Russia, etc....

Wyatt,  I agree with you.  The Ops temps in out military right now is just nuts.  Times change and I realize that, BUT, I got out of Active duty in '01 and joined the Guard.  I've been deployed and TDY more with the Guard than I ever was in Active Duty.  I just don't see how our military can sustain it's current ops tempo let alone roll into another country unaided.  And lets face it...  although we tout a "mulit-national" force in Iraq and Afghanistan we're, for the most part, fighting this on our own.  I know I sure to hear "tell that to the canadians," and such.  Believe me, I've picked up wounded Canadians in Afghanistan this last time around. I'm not taking anything away from they're work or support...  But you've got to look at the numbers.

~Dg84  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...i firmly believe that when we go into Iran we need to go with France, UK, Italy, Germany, Russia, etc....

Wyatt,  I agree with you.  The Ops temps in out military right now is just nuts.  Times change and I realize that, BUT, I got out of Active duty in '01 and joined the Guard.  I've been deployed and TDY more with the Guard than I ever was in Active Duty.  I just don't see how our military can sustain it's current ops tempo let alone roll into another country unaided.  And lets face it...  although we tout a "mulit-national" force in Iraq and Afghanistan we're, for the most part, fighting this on our own.  I know I sure to hear "tell that to the canadians," and such.  Believe me, I've picked up wounded Canadians in Afghanistan this last time around. I'm not taking anything away from they're work or support...  But you've got to look at the numbers.

~Dg84  

Tough.

We dont have a choice.

And the Europans have been steadily disarming themselves over the last 15 years.  All of Europe togeather could not produce enough troops that are of any earthly account to help us with this.

Great Britain is the only other source of troops and they are just too small.  One extra division equivilant at most.

We have been over this before Getting Ready For A Nuclear Armed Iran

Nothing has changed in regards to the facts in the last few weeks, just time is getting shorter.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We have been over this before Getting Ready For A Nuclear Armed Iran

I formally apologize for duping your topic.  I'm just glad I did it after The_Beer_Slyer's new Dupe policy!
~Dg84
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top