Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 12:33:34 PM EDT
Don't get me wrong, I love everything in my collection and I don't want to part with any of it. But lately my interest in has been waning. I still love to shoot and I do shoot every weekend. There just isn't anything on the market (or coming out) that I'm really excited about.

I've got a bunch of AR's, a few AK's a Garand, some SKSs, a couple HKs and alot of different handguns now. But to be honest with you there is nothing out (or coming out) that I feel like I really need to get. The PS90 would be OK I guess, but they are expensive and scarce. The other FN rifle looks kind of goofy IMHO. I had a Beretta Storm and it didn't really knock my socks off. I had a VEPR and while it was nice I could never get over how heavy they are. I'd like an HK94, but I'm not going to pay $3,000 for an old gun that also looks goofy with it's 16" barrel. I had a precision bolt gun and I got bored with it fast and traded it away.

I guess the XD45 would be pretty cool, but it would be pretty expensive to feed for IDPA. I kind of wouldn't mind getting an XD Tactical in 9mm (I have an XD 9mm subcompact now) for IDPA, but then I'd have to get new mag pouches and a new holster (since it won't fit in the holster for my XD subcompact) and those are going to be a pain to find (I remember having to look around for a couple of months to find the holster for my XD subcompact).

Anyone ever get in one of these phases?

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It's time to go NFA, my friend.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Belt fed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]
.50 BMG
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That's what I would say. Time to take it to the next level. Suppressors, SBRs, full-autos.

If not, does the Robarms XCR do anything for you?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#5]
start shooting in idpa/defensive pistol/tactical carbine/tactical tactical anything...

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Start reloading for your firearms.
It is totally different hobby yet it fuels your gun hobby.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#7]
shoot more IDPA

see if they'll set up three-gun...which is an absolute blast

winchester white box for IDPA...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
.50 BMG

+1 and start loading your own .50BMG.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#9]
The barrett M82A1 is guarenteed to get grins every time.  Especially when you are engaging targets at extreeme range.  And if that aint big enough for you, look into cannons like a brass field gun or bowling ball mortars.

--mort
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I've been thinking about that alot. I would LOOOOVE to get an M16 lower. Hell, I'd sell just about my entire collection to fund it if I had to (I've even thought about which guns I'd part with). Unfortunately though, I'd have to form a corporation since my county's CLEO doesn't sign.

But, I want one pretty bad. First I'd stick an upper from one of my M4geries on it, then I'd get a Ciener .22LR conversion kit, then I'd get one of those "over the flash hider" supressors for .22LR and another one for 5.56 and then an SBR upper with an EOtech...

Yeah, that would be cool!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Try accessorizing guns you already have. A new sling for my M1 always gets me happy.

Just an example.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Belt fed.

+1

I can't agree more, ethier get true NFA belt fed weapons, or get some semi auto's and never look back
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been thinking about that alot. I would LOOOOVE to get an M16 lower. Hell, I'd sell just about my entire collection to fund it if I had to (I've even thought about which guns I'd part with). Unfortunately though, I'd have to form a corporation since my county's CLEO doesn't sign.

But, I want one pretty bad. First I'd stick an upper from one of my M4geries on it, then I'd get a Ciener .22LR conversion kit, then I'd get one of those "over the flash hider" supressors for .22LR and another one for 5.56 and then an SBR upper with an EOtech...

Yeah, that would be cool!

See, your are excited about guns again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey Steve where do you shoot IDPA?

Collin County Gun Range. Cold and I shoot with the CCIDPA club every Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I am in the same posistion as you and I am thinking about NFA too. I want a M-16 but might settle for an Uzi.
Now I just need to start on the paperwork.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top