Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 11:15:45 AM EDT
The title line says it all. The fellow I spoke to on the phone was very polite and very direct in describing Rep. Boehner as 'strong second ammendment and pro gun.' I did NOT prejudice the conversation by saying I was pro gun.

So, that's pretty good news.

The office also suggested a search or call to NRA to get his voting record. Since I called Mr. Boehner's office, I'll leave it someone else to call the NRA.

ThirtyCal.....out!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#1]
hope that translates to positives for us!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds very good to me...thanks for reporting!

HH
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]

FWIW, Boehner rates a "B" from GOA

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#4]
[spelling nazi]Amendment only has two Ms in it.[/spelling nazi]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
FWIW, Boehner rates a "B" from GOA

And GOA does NOT grade on a curve.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in his home district and I've talked to his staff a couple times (once around the AWB for sure) and he IS pro 2nd. Good guy.

Um, I'm assuming he's now the house majority leader? I hadn't heard that news yet but this thread makes me think so...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm in his home district and I've talked to his staff a couple times (once around the AWB for sure) and he IS pro 2nd. Good guy.

Um, I'm assuming he's now the house majority leader? I hadn't heard that news yet but this thread makes me think so...

No, the top Republican party leader.  Dennis Hastert is the House Majority Leader.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, the top Republican party leader.  Dennis Hastert is the House Majority Leader.

Hastert is Speaker of the House.

DeLay WAS House Majority Leader.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Is that pronounced the same as "boner?"

NRA=A

Link=www.nraila.org/Elections/State.aspx?y=2002&State=OH
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Pronounced Bah-nyur, not boner.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Thats what we need, Thanks for the information
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Bay-ner
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're obviously not of German descent--it's "BAY-ner."  

So, as GOA gave him a magnanimous "B" does this mean we should vote for Democrats now that we have been "betrayed" in this manner?  

(just trying to beat the ranters)  

GOA also gave our lion, Senator Craig, a "B."  So a B from the GOA is not too awful.

Actually, I am half German.  Unfortunately, it was the illiterate half.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're obviously not of German descent--it's "BAY-ner."  

So, as GOA gave him a magnanimous "B" does this mean we should vote for Democrats now that we have been "betrayed" in this manner?  

(just trying to beat the ranters)  

This guy started off a little sketchy on gun rights issues, and GOA penalizes him a bit too much for early votes when he first got to Congress.   He's studied 2A issues a lot since then, and he knows what his constituents want.  

That said, he won't likely be as bombastic as DeLay was.   Remember, it was Delay that helped kill the AWB in a major way by announcing with an ass full of bluster that any effort to renew the AWB wouldn't even be scheduled for a vote in the house.

Delay was a major friend to gun owners.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top