Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/2/2006 9:47:01 AM EDT
Hot off the Drudge Report:
I'd expect this kinds crap from Hollywood even before an Islamonazi country.
aolsvc.news.aol.com/movies/article.adp?id=20060202084309990001

ISTANBUL, Turkey (Feb. 2) - In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison - where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.

"Valley of the Wolves Iraq" - set to open in Turkey on Friday - feeds off the increasingly negative feelings many Turks harbor toward their longtime NATO allies: Americans.

The movie, which reportedly cost some $10 million, is the latest in a new genre of popular culture that demonizes the United States. It comes on the heels of a novel called "Metal Storm" about a war between Turkey and the U.S., which has been a best seller for months.

One recent opinion poll revealed the depth of the hostility in Turkey toward Americans: 53 percent of Turks who responded to the 2005 Pew Global Attitudes survey associated Americans with the word "rude"; 70 percent with "violent"; 68 percent with "greedy"; and 57 percent with "immoral."

Advance tickets are already selling out across Turkey for the film, which has dialogue in Turkish, Arabic, Kurdish and English. In addition to Turkey, the film is set to be shown in more than a dozen other countries - including the United States, Britain, Germany, The Netherlands, Britain, Denmark, Russia, Egypt, Syria and Australia.

The movie's American stars are Billy Zane, who plays a self-professed "peacekeeper sent by God," and Gary Busey as the Jewish-American doctor.

U.S. soldiers have become hate figures in Muslim countries around the world after the unpopular war in Iraq. But here in Turkey, a personal grudge fuels the resentment.

"Valley of the Wolves Iraq" opens with a true story: On July 4, 2003, in Sulaymaniyah, northern Iraq, troops from the U.S. Army's 173rd Airborne Brigade raided and ransacked a Turkish special forces office, threw hoods over the heads of 11 Turkish special forces officers, and held them in custody for more than two days.

The Americans said they had been looking for Iraqi insurgents and unwittingly rounded up the Turks because they were not in uniform. Still, the incident damaged Turkish-U.S. relations and hurt Turkish national pride. Turks traditionally idolize their soldiers; most enthusiastically send their sons off for mandatory military service.

In the movie, one of the Turkish special forces officers commits suicide to save his honor. His farewell letter reaches Polat Alemdar, an elite Turkish intelligence officer who travels to northern Iraq with a small group of men to avenge the humiliation.

There they find a rogue group of U.S. soldiers led by officer Sam William Marshall - played by Zane. In the bloodfest that ensues, the small band of Turks bonds with the people of Iraq and eventually ends American atrocities there, killing Zane and his men in the final scene.

"The scenario is great," Istanbul Mayor Kadir Topbas told The Associated Press after the film was shown at a posh opening gala Tuesday night. "It was very successful. ... a soldier's honor must never be damaged."

But Topbas and other Turks at the premiere weren't too concerned about how the movie would be perceived in the United States.

"There isn't going to be a war over this," said Nefise Karatay, a Turkish model lounging on a sofa after the premiere. "Everyone knows that Americans have a good side. That's not what this is about."

Associated Press Writer Selcan Hacaoglu in Ankara contributed to this report.

02/02/06 08:42 EST

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
We should fall back to our little corner of the world, Drill ANWR, and let the world go to shit out of spite.  I'm fucking sick of this shit.  Why would Zane and Busey participate in this movie?  Are they're careers suffering that bad that they'll do anything for some cash; to include shitting out their country in a foreign film.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#2]
oh, you don't like the US you say? well then, no foreign aid for you. or you, or you, or you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if Americans will march in the streets, threatening to take Turks hostage unless their government apologizes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Sheep are sheep everywhere in the world
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Foreigners hate us? No shit?!   I never would've believed it!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Gary Busey really didn't want to play the Jewish Doctor, but due to his drug bust it was either that or pick up trash along the freeway
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Billy Zane & Gary Busey will win every award Brokeback Mountain doesn't win.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1.

They would have clinched them all if they'd just boned each other in the movie.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure what i'm pissed at more. The BS propagnada in the movie, or the fact that US actors are in it. Yeah ,i know i shouldn't be surprised & i'm not, i'm just pissed.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow, now we have an inkling of what it feels like to be on the other side of things.

We have video games, books, movies, websites, etc., that demonize China, N. Korea, various Middle Eastern countries, former USSR, Germany, Japan, Vietnam, etc... Some of it is outlandish, some of it is based on real facts, a lot of it is rediculous.

I think the biggest problem is that Americans are brainwashed into believing we are the perfect, paradise country, that never does wrong.

- rem
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wow, now we have an inkling of what it feels like to be on the other side of things.

We have video games, books, movies, websites, etc., that demonize China, N. Korea, various Middle Eastern countries, former USSR, Germany, Japan, Vietnam, etc... Some of it is outlandish, some of it is based on real facts, a lot of it is rediculous.

I think the biggest problem is that Americans are brainwashed into believing we are the perfect, paradise country, that never does wrong.

- rem

I think your post is meretricious nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Lets see, have there ever been any US atrocities during OIF, DS, Vietnam, etc? Have American soldiers ever done the wrong thing and been caught or paid for it? Yep. So, then the movie can't be THAT far fetched can it?

- rem
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Lets see, have there ever been any US atrocities during OIF, DS, Vietnam, etc? Have American soldiers ever done the wrong thing and been caught or paid for it? Yep. So, then the movie can't be THAT far fetched can it?

- rem

Really? You have proof that Jewish-American doctors harvested the organs of Iraqi's at Abu Ghraib to sell to rich Jews in America?

What color is the sky in your world?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

- rem

I'm sorry... Did you have a point?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

- rem

Wow! That was beautiful, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We should fall back to our little corner of the world, Drill ANWR, and let the world go to shit out of spite.  I'm fucking sick of this shit.  Why would Zane and Busey participate in this movie?  Are they're careers suffering that bad that they'll do anything for some cash; to include shitting out their country in a foreign film.

~Dg84

"Why, by interweaving our destiny with that of any part of Europe, entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of European ambition, rivalship, interest, humor or caprice?" --George Washington, from his farewell address

Same goes for the rest of the fucks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

- rem

you mean we're not?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I haven't crashed a wedding in awhile. Who all is up for one? Head shots on the childered are double points because they are harder to hit.

Atleast we pay people off, cover it up, or provide humanitarian aid when we do wrong.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Dude, we do the same fucking shit in our movies, video games, stories, etc. We utterly demonize the "other side", whoever that may be at the time. While our side has done some horrible things at times and gotten caught.

I'm just saying, both sides are the bad guys at times. People shouldn't freak the fuck out when some other country makes a movie demonizing America.

Hell, Dolph Lundgren as a US soldier just saved the world the other night on Showtime from a North Korean General who had discovered a way to live forever and conquer the entire world by eating human flesh. I haven't been attacked by any North Koreans since I've been born. Someone has to play the bad guy right?

Yes, it is all rediculous, including their plot line of jewish doctors harvesting organs from Abu Graib prisoners (which may have been better than what was ACTUALLY DONE TO THEM by some trailer park trash US military personell), but I can give you a million B movie plotlines from the US side....

- rem
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Cindy Sheehan:

Sincerely, Cindy

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

"Why, by interweaving our destiny with that of any part of Europe, entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of European ambition, rivalship, interest, humor or caprice?" --George Washington, from his farewell address

Because George W. Bush said that George Washington was full of shit.

Apparently, anyone who believes in minding their own business is a "isolationist."
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Turks befriending Iraqis in Northern Iraq is funny as hell. If the Kurds ever decide to rise up and create Kurdistan into a recognized country I say we help them just to fuck with the Turks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Hmm, this could be bad. Turkey has F-16's, Hawk, Patriot, Hawkeyes, and Made in USA equipment. THey might end up like the Iranians running low on spare parts for years.

Not to worry though. If things go bad, we'll just carve off a chunk of Turkey and Iraq and turn it into Kurdistan. The Kurds will want to sell us oil in exchange for weapons that were supposed to go to Turkey.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Dude, we do the same fucking shit in our movies, video games, stories, etc. We utterly demonize the "other side", whoever that may be at the time. While our side has done some horrible things at times and gotten caught.

I'm just saying, both sides are the bad guys at times. People shouldn't freak the fuck out when some other country makes a movie demonizing America.

Hell, Dolph Lundgren as a US soldier just saved the world the other night on Showtime from a North Korean General who had discovered a way to live forever and conquer the entire world by eating human flesh. I haven't been attacked by any North Koreans since I've been born. Someone has to play the bad guy right?

Yes, it is all rediculous, including their plot line of jewish doctors harvesting organs from Abu Graib prisoners (which may have been better than what was ACTUALLY DONE TO THEM by some trailer park trash US military personell), but I can give you a million B movie plotlines from the US side....

- rem

I'm not going to take any morality "lessons" from a country which (sometimes violently) represses minorities, violates the human rights of prisoners as standard operating procedure and refuses to recognize its past genocides.

edit: spelling.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
...We have video games, books, movies, websites, etc., that demonize China, N. Korea, various Middle Eastern countries, former USSR, Germany, Japan, Vietnam, etc...
- rem

And your point is?
So you're comparing the U.S. is Nazi's, Communist, Religious fanatics that run planes into a buildings, and the list goes on etc...
~Dg84  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Hell, Dolph Lundgren as a US soldier just saved the world the other night on Showtime from a North Korean General who had discovered a way to live forever and conquer the entire world by eating human flesh.

Yes, it is all rediculous, including their plot line of jewish doctors harvesting organs from Abu Graib prisoners (which may have been better than what was ACTUALLY DONE TO THEM by some trailer park trash MP's), but I can give you a million B movie plotlines from the US side....

- rem

Yeah, but the difference is that the US made films are like you said B movies. The turkish movie mentioned above is going to be used as an anti-american propaganda film allover a part of the world that already hates us. The majority of Americans don't see these movies & scream "Death to [Insert country here]" they just see it as hollywood being hollywood. Please tell me when in the world did liberal hollywood make a movie for the sole purpose of rallying the nation to hate another country? Most War movies actually make our soldiers look like the bad guys anyways. Sure they have some parts demonizing the enemy, but at the end it's usually the US military or the Government who are "bad."
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Why get your panties in a was over a movie? Who gives a shit?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

Apparently, anyone who believes in minding their own business is a "isolationist."

What an assinine statement. Washington's Farewell Address referred to avoiding entangling, alliances that would obligate the US to go to war in defense of the nation with whom we signed the treaty. Please provide an example of this that is the creation of the current President.

Whatever college you are attending, you should ask for your money back.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#29]

It sounds no different than the last 30 years out of Hollywood.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd rather watch brokeback mountain.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yeah, but the difference is that the US made films are like you said B movies.

B movies?  How dare you!?

Wolverines!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Seems to me like them two actors just revoked any rights they have towards US citizenship.  Whores in Bangkok have more morals than these two.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I'm surprised Sean Penn and Martin Sheen let these two "lesser" actors take these "roles of the century."

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Michael Moore's name in the credits somewhere ("technical advisor" or "screenplay").
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#34]

Seems to me like them two actors just revoked any rights they have towards US citizenship. Whores in Bangkok have more morals than these two.

Because they took an acting job? It's what they do. It's a movie, keep that in mind. It's only a movie. It is not real life. Step back from the crack pipe a little.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Just another cesspool muslim P.O.S. country that needs its ass kicked IMO
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Ok, let us all just calm down, take a deep breath. Say it with me now:

IT IS A WORK OF FICTION!

There are going to be idiots who use this for propaganda. Just like there were anti-semetic groups who used Passion of the Christ for their propaganda.

If you really think that a movie is going to somehow influence people beyond all reason, then heck, you better not go watch Blowhard's Farenheit 9/11. You will instantly be turned in a liberal!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Seems to me like them two actors just revoked any rights they have towards US citizenship. Whores in Bangkok have more morals than these two.

Because they took an acting job? It's what they do. It's a movie, keep that in mind. It's only a movie. It is not real life. Step back from the crack pipe a little.

That's where you're wrong, over here in the US it might be just a movie, but over there in the middle east, it is a anti-american propaganda film that people will think is real, it doesn't matter if it isn't real life, to them it is & it will give them another reason to hate us & attack us. How people don't understand something so simple amazes me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#38]

That's where you're wrong, over here in the US it might be just a movie, but over there in the middle east, it is a anti-american propaganda film that people will think is real, it doesn't matter if it isn't real life, to them it is & it will give them another reason to hate us & attack us. How people don't understand something so simple amazes me.

Ok, now you are starting to sound like all those arabs who are pissed at the dutch for drawing allah cartoons. Relax and don't get all bent out of shape over it. It's only a movie!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#39]
...and from a counry that committed genocide against the Armenians in the 20th century.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Just another cesspool muslim P.O.S. country that needs its ass kicked IMO

You do know that Turkey is a NATO county, right?  It is a military ally of the U.S., and the U.S. is obligated by treaty to help defend Turkey from any attack.  How's that for lopsided?  

The REALLY depressing part of this is that Turkey is by far the most "progressive" of the muslims states, and the one that is most likely to be civilized and more "western" in their outlook.  Turkey is actually a pretty secular state, and banned muslim headscarves and veils is school long before countries like France did.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

What an assinine statement. Washington's Farewell Address referred to avoiding entangling, alliances that would obligate the US to go to war in defense of the nation with whom we signed the treaty. Please provide an example of this that is the creation of the current President.

What the hell do you think our demanding NATO nation participation in Afghanistan and Iraq was all about?

If Iran attacks Britain, will we make an all out invasion of Iran?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

What the hell do you think our demanding NATO nation participation in Afghanistan and Iraq was all about?

If Iran attacks Britain, will we make an all out invasion of Iran?

I was unaware that G. W. Bush created NATO. I guess all my history books are wrong.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Yeah, but the difference is that the US made films are like you said B movies. The turkish movie mentioned above is going to be used as an anti-american propaganda film allover a part of the world that already hates us. The majority of Americans don't see these movies & scream "Death to [Insert country here]" they just see it as hollywood being hollywood. Please tell me when in the world did liberal hollywood make a movie for the sole purpose of rallying the nation to hate another country? Most War movies actually make our soldiers look like the bad guys anyways. Sure they have some parts demonizing the enemy, but at the end it's usually the US military or the Government who are "bad."

I see your point but only the press can make the movie a "rallying cry against america". Who knows why former A list actors from the US starred in it. Who knows what the director or writers meant when making the movie. Maybe it is just another bullshit movie to them, just like our B movies are, yet it is the press that is blowing it out of proportion. Movies are made to make money, and very rarely to draw attention to an issue. It always boils down to money. Maybe right now there is big money over there in selling a movie that depicts the US as imperialistic assholes. If so, that's more fuel for them to make the movie and to pay the press to rile people up about it.

- rem

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

You do know that Turkey is a NATO county, right?  It is a military ally of the U.S., and the U.S. is obligated by treaty to help defend Turkey from any attack.  How's that for lopsided?  

So what, if there's money to be made from this type of movie, it will get made. It has nothing to do with politics from the writer/director/producer/actor point of view. It's about money. They all want to get paid, and if it's in a climate where people can't wait to see this type of movie, then there is going to be a shitload of tickets being sold, and they are going to make a ton of money.

- rem
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
...and from a counry that committed genocide against the Armenians in the 20th century.

Holy Crap! Lots of those who commited that genocide must still be alive! (Considering it was at the start of the 20th century, and a totally different government) Lets bomb em to be sure. And the rest of the Middle East

... and lets get Germany for the holocaust.

... crap, we better get the Russians, too.

... and most of S. America, as many indigenous tribes commited genocide in one form or another.

... most of Africa. It's going on this moment!

... the Balkans are a go. They've done it past, present, and probably in the future.

... and were going to need to get China, most of Indo-China. They did some freaky genocide.

... India. Lots of fun stuff there.

... Europe. To much to recount.

... and Isreal for good measure. Just cause they have and MIGHT commit genocide.

... and the US also, if you buy into that liberal crap of "We killed the native people".

So to cleanse the world of transgressions, we need to carpet bomb everywhere except... Australia, Antarctica, and Greenland.

Let's get to it!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy Crap! Lots of those who commited that genocide must still be alive! (Considering it was at the start of the 20th century, and a totally different government) Lets bomb em to be sure. And the rest of the Middle East

... and lets get Germany for the holocaust.

... crap, we better get the Russians, too.

... and most of S. America, as many indigenous tribes commited genocide in one form or another.

... most of Africa. It's going on this moment!

... the Balkans are a go. They've done it past, present, and probably in the future.

... and were going to need to get China, most of Indo-China. They did some freaky genocide.

... India. Lots of fun stuff there.

... Europe. To much to recount.

... and Isreal for good measure. Just cause they have and MIGHT commit genocide.

... and the US also, if you buy into that liberal crap of "We killed the indians".

So to cleanse the world of transgressions, we need to carpet bomb everywhere except... Australia, Antarctica, and Greenland.

Let's get to it!

Not so fast! The Aussies weren't very nice to the aborginies and the early Viking settlers of Greenland weren't all lovy with the Inuits.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Not so fast! The Aussies weren't very nice to the aborginies and the early Viking settlers of Greenland weren't all lovy with the Inuits.

Crude on a'stick! Your right. We better add them to the list also.

Ok, to recap:

Bomb World - Antarctica = Clean Livin'  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

wierd, I seem to remember Muslim countries saying the same thing about our negative portrayal of films made prior to 9/11... they thought that we felt that all Muslims were terrorists and dirty scumbags. I cannot believe you guys mock them for complaining about cartoons in Denmark and then throw a royal shitfest at the fact that someone might portray the US as the "bad guy" in some film(when their plot is a little more plausible than most Hollywood flicks atleast).

The fact is that anyone with power tends to become the bad guy in a movie, hollywood or otherwise. Films are all about sympathizing with "the little man", and the antagonist is always some rich guy/corporation/country or some powerful organization/company/religion.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The EU and the Turks deserve each other.

It's so funny how the Turks seem to have forgotten that they murdered 1.5 million Armenians less than a century ago and they ought not to throw stones in their glass house. Of course, there was a world war going on, so nobody much noticed at the time, aside from the Armenians in question.

Different government, different people, no responsibility; unless you want to say,"well, the US killed >10 million indians lest than 1 and a 1/2 centuries ago...".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top