Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:22:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 4:24:09 AM EDT by Garand_Shooter]
A wall? They will find a way over/under/around.

The military? Sounds good, but very impractical for several reasons.

Lets attack the willngness they have to come here. Most illegals want to come to make money to send back home so they can support thier families. So cut into that.

Attacking the employers will only go so far, because as long as there is a supply of cheap labor someone will be willing to use it.

But what would work is arresting them, holding them for 6-8 months, and then sending them home. Why? Because that is 6-8 months they will not be sending money home, so the risk of coming over is suddenly increased. Now they know if caught they will be sent right back to try again, but a 6 month time out makes taking that risk much less lucrative.

Will it be expensive? Sure, but I will be willing to bet it will cost less than the overall costs of heathcare, bilingual schools, uninsured drivers, etc. If we utilize them as roadside labor to clean up the streets, sort garbage etc we can recoup some of that loss.

I think if a 6 month time-out is the penalty for getting caught fewer will want to risk coming over and leaving thier families without support for that time. Fewer taking the risk means our border patrol agents get a better chance of catching them, and a higher percentage of those caught will be the ones with criminal intent past

Am I off course with this, or could it work? It seems like a relatively cheap way to go compared to other courses of action.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:26:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 4:26:52 AM EDT by tc6969]
We are already doing this over here http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=433071
Top Top