Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/2/2006 2:45:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 2:45:55 AM EDT by metroplex]
Recall about a few months ago we were discussing prepaid cell plans (yes they're shizzot compared to $40-$100/month plans... but no contract and useful for someone who uses their cell phone once in a blue moon).

STi mobile appeared to be very good: no monthly fee, 1 call every 60 days will keep your balance, etc...

They had a rebate going for their cell phones that expired on 1/31/06. Guess what happened on 2/1/06? They started a $3/month service fee.

I had a gut feeling STi would pull something similar to this.
While it's still cheaper than Cingular's Free2Go plan, I'll have to pay $36/year just to keep my account, as opposed to $0/year and just 1 call every 60 days.

I may just keep my Cingular plan ($25/3 months, or basically $100 a year) just because AT&T/Cingular is more stable than STi Mobile.

Anyone else fall for STi's "bait and switch" tactic?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:16:22 AM EDT
Yeah, I just checked there web-site, "ALL FOR JUST TEN CENTS A DAY"
I got another month and a half to go before I get my rebate, by then I'll make up my mind if it's
worth it. The only problem I had was that the phone wouldn't work in the USVI., which is part of
the Sprint network. Called customer service and never got a call back from tech services.
It did work in Miami International though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:47:17 AM EDT
I'm trying to find out if I can return my LG phone since it has not passed the 30 day mark.
Top Top