Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:48:02 PM EDT
I was dating a chick who worked at Continental Airlines and got a lot of free F class seats.  I was able to met some famous people on some of the flights.

Elizabeth McGovern, tall and hot back then. Got an autogragh from her when she came out of the john.

Oliver Stone, sat next to him on a flight from LA to Houston.  Boring dufus.  Didnt say anything to anyone the whole flight.

President Ford.  Fellow UM grad and very nice man.  I was having problems with a bag and a huge SS dude with an earpiece helped me put it in the overhead.  The Pres was right behind him.  He sat in front of the the bulkhead and the SS guys around him.  Kind of really cool.  

Pete Sampras.  The fucker split Diet Coke on my leg but was really nice.  He signed all the autographs without issue.  But it was a pain sitting next to him due to the attention.  Some skank met him at the gate.

Polly Shore, Was hitting on the flight attendents that whole flight.  A real ass.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
you must fly alot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Malia Jones.   Nice person, too.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Polly Shore, Was hitting on the flight attendents that whole flight.  A real ass.

He is 38 today!
http://imdb.com/name/nm0001736/
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I really did see Chuck Norris.  He sat in the first class seciton of an American Airlines flight from Dallas to Burbank, Calif(suburb 10 miles north of L.A.).  He signed autographs etc, and deplaned and walked through the terminal.  Most people didn't even know who he was.  He was doing the TV show Walker Texas Ranger at the time.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I was at Denny's one night at 3am and sitting next to this guy and for an hour I couldn't figure out who he was.  I looked out in the parking lot and say a weird looking solid black Jeep Cherokee.  Blues traveler sticker on it.  It hit me like a Brick.  It was the lead singer of Blues Traveler.  I can't remember his name but I talked to him for a minute after he finished both his meals (). I was drunk but I remember him being cool as hell.  Not in the air but its the only celebrity story I have I think.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
you must fly alot.

I just got into med school and had nothing to do.  My folks had just moved to LA so I visited them about once a month.  They had those AMEX student discount vouchers back then.  You would get like 3 per card when you joined.  I had about 6 AMEX cards and the funny thing is if you called AMEX and told them you lost your vouchers they sent you 3 more.  Once they sent me 6.  Basically I could go anywhere NWA went for $99 each way.   With the GF hook up I would fly F class for $99 each way.  

After about 5 trips I had enough segments to get a GOLD card.  That got me more miles and more free seats.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I got bumped to first class one time.  Tom Skeritt sat down next to me.  This was back in the day when Picket Fences was on.  He looked so much older in person, I didn't think it was him.  Anyway (fortunately) the conversation turned to what we did for a living and I mentioned I was in film and TV.  He said, "So am I".  I said, "Oh yeah, you're Tom Skeritt aren't you?"  Which was lucky since I was on the verge of saying, "You know. you look like an older version of Tom Skeritt.  Anyone ever tell you that", which is like the worst thing you can say to an actor.

A buddy of mine sat next to Mel Gibson on a flight to Austrailia.  He's a busy guy, doesn't get out much.  The flight attendants were just fawning over the guy.  Ross says, "Geez, are you famous or something?"  Mel says, " Yeah, I'm an actor."  Ross says, "Been in anything I might have seen?"  Mel starts listing off movies, Ross finally admits he's heard of the films but hasn't seen them.  Literally didn't know who he was.  He's telling me this and I'm cracking up.  "Been in anything I might have seen..."  Mel ended up inviting him to hang out and Ross says, "Thanks but I have plans (he was diving the great barrier reef).  Said he was a nice guy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]

My wife has sat next to a pro wrestler I never heard of, and a famous country music singer I never heard of.  She also met Janet Reno on a plane once - sat a few seats back.

I'm so without a clue, that I could have sat next to Kofi Annan, Pamela Anderson or Ming the Merciless, and not even notice.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#9]
The only celebrity I've ever met was Shane Dewayne, a DJ at a local radio station called Fly 94.  That was a long time ago and it probably doesn't count.

Oh, wait.  Stanford Jennings, a cornerback for the Cincinatti Bengals.  Again, this was a while ago.

None on an airplane.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#10]
And everyone calls ME a liar....

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And everyone calls ME a liar....

lawdog

But arent you?  

No lie here.  I did really sit next to those people.  My GF was telling me say I was allergic to diet coke and shake Sampras down.  But would not work since I was sucking on a large Diet Coke the whole flight.

Also met Lou Whitaker, 2nd baseman from the Tigers at a KFC.  He had all these vouchers for free food.  Like he needed free food.  But he was also a gentleman.  Kurt Gibson who I had the displeasure of meeting at Somerset Mall was a jerk.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Some pro wrestler, I couldn't tell you who he is though.  Seemed like everybody else knew him though.  I guess he was supposed to be a "bad guy" but he was pretty nice guy and I guess quite the opposite of his personae.  He was huge though and needed 3 seats, one for each arm, LOL.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#13]
But arent you?

Yes... what is the point you are trying to make???

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
But arent you?

Yes... what is the point you are trying to make???

img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/lawdog530/Lawdog.gif

Hey if you can make fun of yourself you are a good dude.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Once when I was a kid I was walking through first class and Tip O'neal was there... I'm all "MOM MOM its the speaker of the house!"  He was impressed that a pre teen would recognize the speaker of the house and said so.  I told him that we hated him at my house, so I remembered him.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Jane Seymor, Really nice lady. Beutifull too. She was pregnant at the time, chatted with my mom and me for about an hour, showed us pictures of her kids and everything.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Liar?

These folks might be famous but most of them do use commercial planes, not private jets.  I know John Travolta is qualified on commercial jets but I'll bet he doesn't charter one every time he needs to fly.  Plus most celebrities look different when someone isn't styling them.  When you live in California, they're around.

I've only sat next to one but have been on a number of flights where they were pre-boarded and so on.  Not such a big deal.  It is nice to chat with one and find they're normal too, just have a talent that happens to make them famous and easily recognized.  And my work brings me into contact with them from time to time.  By and large they're just like you and me, except have really recognizable faces.  My buddy couldn't get over that Mel wasn't tall yet a huge star...

FWIW, also on a plane with the Bee Gee's back when they were famous.  Complete dick-heads and working it for all it was worth.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Once, at band camp, Olivia Newton John came to sing for us... yea, that's it... and I was looking in her cabin window.. yea, yea.... and I saw her naked. That's the ticket...

And once, when I went to San Francisco, uh-huh, yea, that's right, I saw Ricky Martin doing Richard Simmons behind a trash dumpster, yea, that's the ticket...

And one time Suzanne Summers, when she was hot, that's it, came to my house, uh-huh, yea, and we did it on the couch... that's the ticket.

It's the truth... that's right, uh-huh, yea !!!

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Malia Jones.   Nice person, too.  

She's got a great.... personality...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
These folks might be famous but most of them do use commercial planes, not private jets.  I know John Travolta is qualified on commercial jets but I'll bet he doesn't charter one every time he needs to fly.  

No he doesn't charter one, he owns a 747(?).  He can even land it in his neighborhood!  The amazing worthless things you learn on TV :)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#21]
OH MAN who did I meet? LOTS

Vin Diesel, DOG the bounty hunter, Heather Locklear, Hugh Hefner, Chuck Norris... TWICE, THE Ed Avila, Alfred hitchcock (about 4 years after his death though... didnt smell too good) bob Hope last week, I met a guy that looked like me... but that was just my reflection in the window.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I met Tyra Banks on my flight to go down to MCRD.  She sat in the seat on the other side of the aisle from where I was sitting.

Thats the only famous person I have ever met on a plane though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
He owns one?!?!?  I knew he was checked out on one but he owns one?!!?  Jeez, the rich are different.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I met little Richard while on a flight in Belgium back to the US. I met his entire band and had a group picture with them.

ETA: He really is a crazy mother fucker.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I haven't seen any on planes, but see them in NYC all the time.  Sometimes I have a difficult time recognizing the fact that they are actors.

I used to see the guys on HBO's OZ walking around the neighborhood frequently.  I remember waliking past the bald white supremacist once thinking to myself "Thats an evil fucker right there....." only to remember about 30 secs. later that he was an actor.

I was walking home from the office and in front of me going at the same pace for 3 blocks was a shorter woman.  It was one of those uncomfortable moments in sidewalk etiquette where you just happen to be going the same exact route at the same exact speed as the person in front of you and noone else is around.  Finally the woman turned around sharply (as if frightened or aggitated) and it was Bjork.  Stunned, I looked at her and just said "Bjork!?" and crossed the street.  Life has to suck for them when it comes to these issues.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I had George Stepenophallis (sp?) sitting in the back once.  Company SOP prevented me from giving him the proper welcome.

Also, a couple of Miss Americas, and various celebs.   Except for a very few (Nuge, Tom Selleck) I literally couldn't care less.  It might be considered un-professional for me to approach them anyway.

Kind of like ARDOC asking a celeb for an autograph while giving her an exam.  

I did see Gray Davis glad handing at SNA right befor the special election.  His hair was Perfect.  I locked him out of the crew bathroom, and really enjoyed giving the old hate-stare (tm)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I met actor "George Takai" from STAR TREK

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Almost forgot...  I sat across the isle from Oliver North on a flight from Bermuda to IAD in the early nineties.  No conversation, he slept most of the way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#29]
i had goatboy on the roof of my truck once.

beat that.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#30]
On a serious note I didnt meet them on a plane but in my business I do meet a lot of celebs. At first I was all "WOW!" now I could give a crap, they are people.

Garrett Morris
Lori Anderson
Wendy Jo Sperber
Denver Pyle
Bette Midler
Dean Koontz (a regular customer)
Ernest borgnine
Anthony Edwards
Lee Rocker (Bass player Stray Cats)
Ric Ocasek (The Cars)
Wayne la Pierre
Sean Astin
Timothy B Schmidt (Bass player The Eagles)
Lita Ford
Jay Jay French
Bruce Kulick
Mark Thompson (Mark & Brian morning DJ's)
Tim Allen (He was so cool!)
Carl Karcher (owner/founder of Carl's Jr)
Kenny Bernstein
Jeff Gordon
Rex Hudler
Benjie Molina
Jarrod Washburn

I think that is all I can remeber for now.

Oh yeah...

james Coburn
Alan King (twice)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#31]
As a disciple of low-brow transportation, I'm not particularly dissapointed to report that I haven't met very many "celebrities" at roadside rest stops or in bus stations...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#32]

My brother and I were killing an afternoon in the fall with a self-guided tour of some obscure ski area in a little canyon above Provo one day, and I was in the middle of an exceptionally detailed stream-of-consciousness verbal observation of the terrain, complete with arm signals, when two guys walked past on the sidewalk going the other way.

When I stopped for breath my brother asked 'Did you see who that was? It was Robert Redford.'

I just thought well -- ok; He does own this place.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I was at Denny's one night at 3am and sitting next to this guy and for an hour I couldn't figure out who he was.  I looked out in the parking lot and say a weird looking solid black Jeep Cherokee.  Blues traveler sticker on it.  It hit me like a Brick.  It was the lead singer of Blues Traveler.  I can't remember his name but I talked to him for a minute after he finished both his meals (). I was drunk but I remember him being cool as hell.  Not in the air but its the only celebrity story I have I think.

John Popper.  He's very much into firearms as I understand it.  Heard he has a huge collection.  He used to shoot at the indoor range down the street from where I went to college in Doylestown, PA.

Never met any celebrities on airplanes.  I was working security for the New England Flower Show about 10 years ago and met Steven Tyler of Aerosmith.  Asked for his autograph and he was very good about obliging.  Couple of friends of mine used to work at the local movie theater and used to run into him there as well as Liv Tyler.  One of them remarked to Liv how she was even more stunning in person and she seemed genuinely flattered.

Saw Carly Simon once while working another security gig at a high-end retail store.  But didn't know it was her until after she left.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I once sat next to Jackie Sherrill, when he was still coaching, on a commuter flight.  He was polite, but didn't say much.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Sat next to Dennis Hopper once on a flight from LAX to Oakland. Got bumped up to 1st via Mileage Plus Premier status. Nice guy. Signed autographs freely too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
My wife has sat next to a pro wrestler I never heard of, and a famous country music singer I never heard of.  She also met Janet Reno on a plane once - sat a few seats back.

I'm so without a clue, that I could have sat next to...Ming the Merciless, and not even notice.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Saw Little Richy in the San Jose airport at 530am with his entourage. He wears all that makeup all the time.
Saw Kelsy Grammer at JFK before flying to london. Damn his wife is hot.

My father, airline captain, has met a bunch. Garth Brooks, etc.

My grandfather was a co-pilot on the Pan-Am 707 that flew The Beatles over for their Ed Sullivan show premire.
He didnt know who they were, but did manage to get all of thier autographs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#38]
I've flown with or met several celebs...

Michael J. Fox
Milla Jovovich
Alan Hale Jr. (Skipper from Gilligan's Island)
Linda Hamilton
Bruce Willis & Demi Moore (when they were married)
Don Cornelius, Mr. Soultraaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnn!!!

I'm not the type to bother someone for an autograph. I'd rather say hello or whatever. Seems douchy to me, but some people like autographs I guess.

I do recall Bruce Willis was very cool, tho. I had a Gibson guitar shirt on, and he noticed it and said he liked them and had a few, and we talked guitars for a minute or two while he was waiting in the same place for his chauffer as I was. Demi Moore was smoking hot in person, too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I saw the Mossy Oak guys getting off a plane in Texas. They even had the camo cameras with them. Didn't realize who it was until after they had walked by.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:31:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Pete Rose on a Burbank to Vegas Flight
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:40:14 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Musta been a big plane to have a Denny's and a parking lot, or did you misread the subject?

Popper, and he's gay  

Edit: Alot of people don't seem to read the topic. Maroon/ Walmart shopper... is your label.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I saw the Mossy Oak guys getting off a plane in Texas. They even had the camo cameras with them. Didn't realize who it was until after they had walked by.

How did you see them?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:53:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Pete Rose on a Burbank to Vegas Flight

Did he try to bet how long the flight would last?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:44:14 AM EDT
[#44]
I got stuck in between Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal on a flight from atlanta to honolulu.

Man, keeping those two apart was a bitch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:01:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Jessica Simpson, but it was on my helo.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:27:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
She also met Janet Reno on a plane once - sat a few seats back.

"Folks, from the flight deck, we are encountering some turbulenece today, we are told we should be out of it shortly.   So please remain in your seats and keep your seat belts.....what???.... Who is on board?????   Well, I been told the plane is going to be shaking the whole trip."

Normally, I do not joke about diseases, however, when you kill kids, protect a guilty leader, and try to destroy the Constitution, all bets are off.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:55:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:21:11 AM EDT
[#48]
I have an friend who is a real wise-ass.  We were at the state fair, and the governor came by shaking hands and asking how we liked the fair and were we having a good time?  He was surrounded by media and staff;  probably 15 people with him, in suits, etc... Anyway, my buddy goes "Who the hell are you?"  You should have seen his face.  It was one of those priceless moments.  Later my friend said he likes to do that to people who think see themselves as important or famous, they usually get quite shaken up.

I used to come into contact with Ted McGinley (Jefferson D'Arcy from Married with Children at the time).
He was working on Married with Children at the time, and would come to our office every few weeks because he lived in Akron area.  But, he offered to bring autographed cast pictures next time he was in, and he remembered.  I was pretty impressed by that. He was a genuinely friendly guy to everyone around.

I also come in contact with Archie Griffin (Heissman winner - 2x) regularly through work.  He is a really awesome guy to interact with.  He is revered as a god in central Ohio, yet he will stop and talk to anyone that approaches him.  He has brought in OSU memorabilia signed by himself, or coaches or players for many employees.  If you ask for an autograph, he usually goes above and beyond, and gives you something cool along with it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:21:42 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
These folks might be famous but most of them do use commercial planes, not private jets.  I know John Travolta is qualified on commercial jets but I'll bet he doesn't charter one every time he needs to fly.  

No he doesn't charter one, he owns a 747(?).  He can even land it in his neighborhood!  The amazing worthless things you learn on TV :)

707-138, but who's counting  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:50:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Saw Julia Roberts in Haiti. Not too impressed.

Oh and shook Charlton Heston's hand at the NRA convention in Reno.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top