Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 12:42:16 PM EDT
I just got a new job with the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center here in Charleston and am curious about what to wear when using simunition rounds. I don't want my movement to be extremely limited, but I don't want to get pelted too hard...any suggestions? I've never been shot with simuntion, does it even hurt? what kind of clothing should I invest in..I usually wear 5.11 gear, is that going to be thick enough? any suggestions will be helpful
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
A motorcycle helmet is strongly advised.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I wore IIa body armor, gloves,  and a face mask.  They are not pleasant to be shot with.  But not overly painful.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Real men take a solid burst in the chest with no shirt on from 3 feet
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
We did tons and tons of simunitions training in the academy I just went through and all I ever needed was a thick sweatshirt, throat protector, a cup (or padding) to protect the family jewels, gloves, and a standard full face shield (the type used for paintball)...........Almost all of our scenarios were within 10 feet (most within 5), and I barely felt them when I got hit.

ETA: Forgot the throat protector.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
They dont hurt, play with them like every day.

check this out:www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=418596
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Role player?

Simunitions is somewhat comparable to paintball and can definitely hurt.  I’ve even seen people with permanent tattoos where the pellet broke the skin and the dye got under the skin.

FLETC will supply you with the appropriate gear.  That said, unless they give you your own, you might at some point want to get some personal gear.  The stuff they use gets really funcky (esp. on hot days).

Note that decent gloves are surprisingly important since you’ll get hit there a lot.

Make sure no one leaves the rounds, say, in a cold car trunk overnight!

Good luck with your new job.  After a few days on it, you’ll probably find yourself getting a chuckle over some of the posts here about police shootings and such.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Flak jacket/old body armor, neck protection, groin protection.  Those SOBs will leave quite the welt. Haven't experienced it myself, but seen plenty of them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Role player?

Simunitions is somewhat comparable to paintball and can definitely hurt.  I’ve even seen people with permanent tattoos where the pellet broke the skin and the dye got under the skin.

FLETC will supply you with the appropriate gear.  That said, unless they give you your own, you might at some point want to get some personal gear.  The stuff they use gets really funcky (esp. on hot days).

Note that decent gloves are surprisingly important since you’ll get hit there a lot.

Make sure no one leaves the rounds, say, in a cold car trunk overnight!

Good luck with your new job.  After a few days on it, you’ll probably find yourself getting a chuckle over some of the posts here about police shootings and such.

Common man, you know all cops are trigger happy, can't wait to bust in doors, and love shooting mans best friend because they can.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#10]
....hurt like a motherf*.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top