Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 10:07:18 AM EDT
My PLR 16 will be in tomorrow and I would like to deck it out will all the goodies too. This will be my display model so I want it to be a real eye catcher!!!
Let me know of some places to look for all the accessories, flash suppressors, slings, hand guards, optics, etc......
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:09:42 AM EDT
I think TBS has some spare parts.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:14:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2006 10:17:12 AM EDT by The_Beer_Slayer]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:27:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2006 10:29:15 AM EDT by supv26]
Thanks for the info!!!! I'll dig around on KelTec site a bit. I'll do a search on muzzle brakes and suppressors also.
p.s. TBS will I need the compression washer also or will the suppressors stay on without it??
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:36:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:23:19 PM EDT
Update!!

The PLR 16 came in today and I was able to shoot it a bit. I shot 60 rounds of REM UMC with out a problem and then 60 rounds of some russian import and had one fail to fire. It dented the primer real good and then I tried it again in the gun and it dented the primer even more but still did not go off. That had to have been a bad round. The russian stuff sure made a fireball while the UMC was pretty mild.

It did very well at 25 and at 30 yards. I didn't have time to get my bench stuff out so I just free handed it. Due to the fact I am still healing up after surgery holding it out in front was a bit difficult. Right now trying to hold my G27 up is somewhat of a task. As soon as I heal up more I'll get to do some more precise shooting.

Now, I am going to call Kel-Tec tomorrow and see if I can get the forearm for it and see what optics they recommend. I think a red dot type would be the ticket for this. I was looking at an Acog Reflex but don't want to spend that much.

Questions:
Is there anything out there similar to the Acog reflex but not as expensive?
What are your recommendations on a red dot?
Can I leave my rear sight on with using a red dot?
Where is the best place to order a flash supressor/hider?
Thanks!!
Top Top