Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Metal Storm Inc. should get a huge federal grant from the Homeland Security Department and place automatic motion detecting sensors along the US / Mexico border line.  Anything larger than a muskrat get's it's organic matter violently re-distributed

Don't wanna get turned into a cloud of red mist?  Don't cross the border illegally.  Next!

If that doesn't work - I'd send in that guy from the Missing In Action movies...I forget his name.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#2]
More Border Patrol and stiff fines for people that employ illegal aliens
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I solved this years ago.

Establish special warfare / desert training schools all along the border.

Have Navy SEALs regularly conduct training operations along the gulf coast. Have all branches of the military conducting training exercises in the most vulnerable border areas. Turn the entire southern border into an Area 51 level secure training environment.

When Rangers conducting desert warfare exercises and Green Berets doing urban pacification exercises routinely encounter illegals it will add an additional "real world" unknown to their operations. When illegals are routinely interdicted by special forces groups or stumble onto Armor training areas and are confronted by tank crews their willingess to climb a fence will lessen.

We are currently sending the bulk of our military to harsh desert environments. Yet we continue to do their basic training in places like GA and NC. I can think of no better place to train troops for deployment to the ME than our souther border area.

Although less problematic, we can address the Northern border in the same fashion but on a more limited scale with artic warfare training in the areas of most need.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Make illegal immigration a felony.  Agree

Make hiring an illegal a felony. Agree

This needs to be attacked from the demand side. Disagree

It's Not enough.

Also add the following items.

Build the wall.

Shoot to kill, including but not limited to "The Mexican Army" and all drug runners.

Until you build the wall, if the Mexican Army breaches our borders, we should have an appropriate response, like say, breaching right back with M1 Abrams tanks.  

(On a side note, Why is it an "act of war" if we breach their border, but no act of war is considered if they breach ours ?  Curious.  )  

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Walls fail.  People break through them or tunnel under them.  

Build the great ditch.  Makes tunneling very very difficult.  Nothing to build.

Plus if the Mexican govt doesn't start to do their part, we divert every river going south into the ditch and out to sea until they get thirsty enough to help out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The bitchers NEVER offer solutions--especially realistic ones.  It's just a lot of bluster and mindless griping on the internet.  It sure gets old.  A few here can interject their crap into a thread on any topic.  

Personally, I would like to see the "invasion" treated like an invasion--complete with mines and machine gun nests.  But, we all know that's NOT going to happen.  There is no easy/quick answer.  

Edit:  SEE WHAT I MEAN??  In the time it took me to type the first part of this post we have idiocy aplenty.  

Build a REAL wall along the border. Perimeter fencing, comprehensive border inspections and document checks at entry points.
Man it 24/7/365 with armed border patrol.
Use sophisticated technology to detect and deter illegals.
Use the immediate areas all along the border as a training area for our military.

Real solutions that would work.

What would all this cost?  You and I get to pay for it--don't forget that part.  

Would you sell your children's America to Mexico for $2000/year?  Well, keep your forty pieces of silver, Judas.  I would gladly and PROUDLY pay to secure this nation's future.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, you want answers?  

Instant deportation for those caught here illegally--including those in jail right now.  

No social services for illegals--no school access, no medical (other than immediate, life threatening injury), no welfare or other "assistance."  

Everyone must show proof of citizenship or legal residency in order to work, to get social services, to participate in any taxpayer funded program, or to get any official identification or driver's license.  

Employer's MUST verifiy citenship before hire, or for current employees, and are subject to civil fines and criminal penalties for knowingly hiring illegals.  

Amend the Constitution to eliminate the anchor baby/"birth right" problem.  

Step-up border enforcement.  No wall is necessary.  We can get rid of the illegal problem by enforcing the laws we already have, and by changing the above policies.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Walls fail.  People break through them or tunnel under them.  

Build the great ditch.  Makes tunneling very very difficult.  Nothing to build.

Plus if the Mexican govt doesn't start to do their part, we divert every river going south into the ditch and out to sea until they get thirsty enough to help out.

Apparently, you've never heard of Offa's Dyke.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#10]
100 well trained men, each with .300 winmags and NVGs randomly patrolling the border working on commission.  

I'd have a 2 strikes and you are out rule...second time you are caught here we deport your ass to Somalia.  

i cannot think of anything that .gov could be in charge of that would work.  So far the most effective thing I have seen was the minutemen project.

Either that or we make it easier for them to get in to work and tax the flock out of them.  A "<igrant worker" tax on their incomes and companies that hire them that makes it only slightly beneficial to hire them.  A company that knowingly hires undocumented workers gets toasted and fined into the stone age.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#11]
How about the Great TexNewMexAzonaFornia Shipping Canal?  Why sail all the way to Panama to get from the Atlantic to the Pacific?  Dig a Canal from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific in California.  No tunnneling under that sucker :)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Make illegal immigration a felony.

Make hiring an illegal a felony.

This needs to be attacked from the demand side.

+1

We need to remove all the benifits for coming here illegally: free medical care, free schooling, etc..

Cheers

Agreed.and I'll add.  how about a nice stiff fine and long  jail sentence to go with the felony charges for hiring illegals?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Make illegal immigration a felony.

Make hiring an illegal a felony.

This needs to be attacked from the demand side.

Agree, except terrorists that come across the border to attack won't be affected. Therefore, combine yours with:

Quoted:
moat, mines, machine guns, and "minutemen"

and we'll have a chance.  Also, make being caught "invading" a felony that results in permanent deportation such that to get caught here again is instant prison time, and such that the immigrant will never in his life ever have a chance of being granted permission to immigrate.

At the same time, we would have to drastically increase the capacity of INS to screen applicants to make it at least plausible to try to immigrate legally.  Also, change the code so that if you give birth while here legally, the child is automatically a citizen, but if you are here illegally, you and the child are deported, permanently, with no chance of the parent(s) ever being allowed back for life.

Give orders to shoot to kill anyone attempting to cross the line. There is no valid reason to try to get past the wall/moat/landmine field, so fire at will.

If fixing this problem means Mexico relations get strained, too friggin bad. That's nothing compared to the strain that's coming when some of our guys engage their military on our side of the border.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#14]
90 miles of shark-infested sea doens't keep Cubans out although once they reach solid ground, they are permitted to stay...

No matter what you build/enforce, you cannot keep them out without serious breach to citizen's constitutional rights.

To end the illegal immigration, you must end the misery in Mexico, foisted on the backs of their poorest citizens who have fewer rights in Mexico than they do as illegal aliens in the US.

The problem is the corrupt Mexican government and its racist policies toward their poorest citizens.

End of story.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Land Mines filled with indelible (mildly radioactive) paint.  Don't hire the bright orange people.  Hunt illegals with geiger counters.

Worker registration at the border good for one year- you don't return, you get a warrant out on yo' ass.  

Fines and bounties on Employers who hire illegals.  

Film a remake of Cool Hand Luke set on the border.  Except make the work camps real.  They do come here to work, don't they?  Stamping license plates at 3 cents an hour counts as work.  Broadcast the film into Mexico and Central America, so we don't have a failure to communicate.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
90 miles of shark-infested sea doens't keep Cubans out although once they reach solid ground, they are permitted to stay...

No matter what you build/enforce, you cannot keep them out without serious breach to citizen's constitutional rights.

To end the illegal immigration, you must end the misery in Mexico, foisted on the backs of their poorest citizens who have fewer rights in Mexico than they do as illegal aliens in the US.

The problem is the corrupt Mexican government and its racist policies toward their poorest citizens.

End of story.

Agree. The thing is, we're not over run with Cubans. And we can't do anything about the Mexican govt, so what to do?  We absolutely have to get this under control.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How about the Great TexNewMexAzonaFornia Shipping Canal?  Why sail all the way to Panama to get from the Atlantic to the Pacific?  Dig a Canal from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific in California.  No tunnneling under that sucker :)

I like that idea.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

End of story.

Agree. The thing is, we're not over run with Cubans. And we can't do anything about the Mexican govt, so what to do?  We absolutely have to get this under control.

But the Cuban government doesn't permit its citizens to leave...freely.  Mexico WANTS its poorest citizens to leave because it is economically advantageous to the state.

Yes, we could change Mexico...but more important is the competetion between the EU, Asia(China) and North America.  The EU is less of an issue than China.  If China were to tap into the Mexican economy, we are done for.  We need to keep China out of the Americas.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#19]
One of the things they could do is use the border for training National guard troops.  Do their two week annual commitment on the border, with live ammo, claymores ect and shoot the border jumpers as the invaders they are.  Of course you would want to post signs at the border first explaining the new policy of shooting anyone caught sneeking across.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Build a REAL wall along the border.  Perimeter fencing, comprehensive border inspections and document checks at entry points.
Use the immediate areas all along the border as a training area for our military.

Your share for this comes to $2000/yr. above what you are paying now in taxes.  You can simply add it as an extra to your 1040 in a few weeks.  No complaining about the taxes it takes to accomplish your own desires.  

It cost less than not doing it.  Cali spends 11 Billion a year on illegals. We can fund the whole thing and still spend less than we are spending now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#21]
What about Anex Mexico?  Push the protected border down to panama where it is tiny.  Then quadruple the size of the costguard.

If mexicans want to work/live in america soo much, why don't we just make them part of america?  To my uneducated/uninformed eye it seems that they come up here for a better chance at improving thier station in life.  If we rebuild thier corrupt government/police and start rebuilding thier country, the only reason they have to move north is to get out of the heat.

If Bush really wants to protect america from terrorists he should focus his attention more close to home.  We might not even need to send troops, incourage the populace of mexico to demand a vote on the issue and see what happens.

(of course my opinion and $3.00 will buy you a latte up here in seattle.)

--mort
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Economic development of Mexico.

This would require, among other things, an end to Mexican government corruption.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#23]
the Berlin Wall comes to mind as a solution
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I think that the Anchor Baby loophole and massive fines/felony for employing illegals should also be a good way to put an end to it, but I also kind of like the idea of the canal. I can think of some really nice boarder setups. To bad the government takes decades to make small changes. God, we'll become Mexico before the gubberment even realizes there's a problem.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I think that the Anchor Baby loophole and massive fines/felony for employing illegals should also be a good way to put an end to it, but I also kind of like the idea of the canal. I can think of some really nice boarder setups. To bad the government takes decades to make small changes. God, we'll become Mexico before the gubberment even realizes there's a problem.

we voted for that in AZ, it was called prop 200. Our governor picked it apart until it meant almost nothing, then closer to election time, declared emergency on the border. I wonder what she's trying to do hmmm....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Economic development of Mexico.

This would require, among other things, an end to Mexican government corruption.

Only thing required would be an end of Mexican corruption.  Good luck there.

Just for example, the GDP of Mexico is about the same size as that of Texas.  Only Mexico is about 10 times the size in population.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just look at what the gov't takes from us each year.
It's a matter of spending it where its needed and cutting the pork.

. . . is nothing short of Polyanna pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking.  NOTHING in the government gets cut or removed.  NOTHING.  The status quo is very firmly entrenched and is NOT going to go away--including the tolerance of illegals invading this country.  My view is only realistic--not "fight(ing) this."  

More than a billion dollars was spent in 2004 to keep illegals in US prisons.

Arrest all illegals on sight, deport them, and then we can put the rest of that billion dollars to use on the border.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#28]
We pretty much ended our illegal immigrant problem.
We had lots of boats come here in a huge (for us) wave back in 2003. We shipped them off to small Pacific islands and camps in the desert to await processing, and because the illegals destroyed their documents, that took a long time. There have been people in those camps for 5 years! They go on hunger strikes, they sew their lips together, riot occasionally, but there they stay, until they are positivly id'd, their refugee claim is processed, and they are either deported or allowed to stay. When word got out, mostly after the "Tampa" incident (gov sent the SAS to stop a boat hikaked by illegals from entering Australian waters) the supply of boat people dried up. It also helped that we had half the Navy out there patrolling the moat.

We also have the biggest moat in the world. It doesn't deter the serious ones with money, but it sure slows them down.

The media and academics just love the refugee issue. They bash the gov for being racist, the trek out to the desert to protest. The once managed to stage a break out at one of the centres, only to leave the escapees in the desert about a mile down the road, "free".
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Deploy National Guard of all border states to the borders!  Have Border patrol backing them up and have roving minuteman teams behind the borderpatrol for recon only.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#30]
The simple absolute solution? Just put these signs up every 200 feet along the border:

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Fence the whole damn thing...

Then have the .gov, as much as I hate to say this....take over the first 400-500 yards adajcent to the border....Make that entire area a new military base.... run manuever, live fire drills, etc...up and down the whole thing.

If you are on the range or in the area, too bad.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Issue permits to hunters. I'd be up for an afternoon of sniping on the border.

If illegals get caught, they get sent to the border to work on The Wall as slave labor for 5 years.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:34:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Several HUGE military bases right on the border.    BP patroling in between.  Huge navy base at the border at the pacific border [ move the city, tough shit ].  Huge navy base at the gulf of America end [ gotta change that name, fuck mexico ].

Military ain't going to put up with any illegals walking across their bases. Lots of live ammo practice going on. Arty ranges. Bombing ranges. Shooting ranges. All, right ON the border.

rj

+1

A DMZ complete with landmines would me a nice start...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why you fight this so hard is amazing to me.
I invite you to come spend some time here and we'll see how quickly your outlook changes.

You are simply misunderstanding my view.  I absolutely DO NOT "fight this so hard."  I absolutely LOATHE the invasion from the south.  I hate every one of the POS fucks who invade this country--and would prefer to see them killed in the process of invading us--which would quickly end the invasion once word got out that those attempting to invade were dying in the process.  Many times I have posted (including in my first post in THIS thread) what I would LIKE to see done--mine the border (cheap and VERY effective) and have MG nests every so often to get the ones who slip through the mines.  

BUT--none of that is going to happen.  Call me old and cynical but I've been active in politics for quite a few years and I have seen first hand the inertia and resistance to change found in every part of the government.  This kind of thing--

Quoted:
Just look at what the gov't takes from us each year.
It's a matter of spending it where its needed and cutting the pork.

. . . is nothing short of Polyanna pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking.  NOTHING in the government gets cut or removed.  NOTHING.  The status quo is very firmly entrenched and is NOT going to go away--including the tolerance of illegals invading this country.  My view is only realistic--not "fight(ing) this."  

TBK while I agree that the inertia is huge and difficult to overcome I do not share your view that nothing ever changes.   10 - 15 years ago we all heard the same about personal protection laws.  They were impossible.  The die was cast.  Nothing is ever given back, only taken.  Nobody cares enough.  Yet change has an inertia too, first a few states get on-board and then other people start to say.... "Hey it works over there... why can't I have that too"?  

No, a wall is not going up next year, but it has certainly become a bigger issue than it was 5 years ago and it looks to continue to grow.  If we sit on our hands with the "nothing ever changes" view of things.... well.... then nothing changes.  Cuts do get made.  Maybe not as deep or meaningful as needed but they do happen.  However unless feet are held to the fire all the way through the process it's much eaiser for a legislator to propose a NEW program needing NEW funding than to take money from some popular hand-out and reallocate it.  

Is America's collective attention-span long enough to force the issue is what I think the real question is.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Armed Citizens + Free Fire zone = Solutions by NonC

Add claymores and mines as needed

Its an Invasion, treat it as such.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Build a REAL wall along the border.  Perimeter fencing, comprehensive border inspections and document checks at entry points.

I agree 100%.  For the followup,  Immediate deportation of any illegal found.  Convert welfare to workfare.  Every one getting welfare gets a physical to determine their ability to work.  Anyone able to work, will be put to work doing what the illegals do now.  .GOV will give them a guaranteed income.  If the pay at job is less than that, .GOV will make up the difference.  If the job pays more, the worker gets it.  This will greatly reduce welfare, get rid of the excuse of who will pick the crops and gets rid of the illegals.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Kinky Friedman, a DEMOCRAP running for the governor of Texas, has an interesting proposal to combat illegal border crossings called the 'Five Mexican General Plan.'

Here's Kinky explaining it himself:

"The 'Five Mexican Generals Plan', which was suggested to me by my adviser on border issues, former Texas Ranger Joaquin Jackson. We divide the border into five jurisdictions, assign each one to a Mexican general, and put two million dollars into bank accounts that we control, one for each general. Then, each time we catch an illegal crossing through a general’s jurisdiction, we withdraw five thousand dollars from that account. That’ll solve the problem ... The Hispanic activists I’ve talked to say it’s crazy enough that it just might work..."

Eric The(Don'tAsk,Don'tTell...WhatHappenedToCurbTheFlow)Hun

It might be better to offer rewards to US citizens that provide information that leads to the apprehension and deportation of illegal aliens.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I gotta roll, so i didn't read all 4 pages for the good ideas, but here is mine...

FEAR...

is a great motivator. If we put troop into the well known crossing points, and kill the illegals as they try to cross, and leave their bodoes in piles to rot, and make it known that illegally crossing the  border can get you killed....well, that would greatly cut down on it I am sure.

Open season. Minutemen can open up on illegals coming across. Ranchers can, citizens can, the military, border guards with teeth.

After a while and thousands of dead, you might have to REALLLY want it to give it a try....

Sorry, a .25cent bullet is cheaper than weeks of red tape and dentention and deportation hearings....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#40]
At 2:15 PM on Monday, January 23, a large number of heavily armed Mexican Army soldiers had a standoff with nearly 30 U.S. law enforcement officials near Neely's Crossing, on U.S. soil, 50 miles east of El Paso.

According to the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Department and the FBI, Mexican military Humvees were towing what appeared to be thousands of pounds of marijuana across the border into the United States. Mexican soldiers armed with several mounted machine guns on the ground held their position more than 200 yards inside of United States territory.

www.natallnews.com/story.php?id=753
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#41]
A great wall would be built. The Army would design it, put up the tents, and provide the meals.

Any who are willing would be paid minimum wage, be assigned to sleeping quarters, and be fed 3 hot meals a day. You can work 40 hours a week, up to a maximum of 60, no overtime, no taxes. Health benifits (the government provides the physicians, no previous medical illness will be treated), meals, toiletries, and a standard uniform will be provided. If you want to work 2 months, 1 week, whatever you want to do.

To work you must prove you are legal and you must not be in the posession of alchohol, hookers, or drugs.

Sure, this will cost alot of money, but dont illegals cost alot of money? This will also pay off in the end as soon after the federal government would cut welfare by 2/3, if your disabled you get it, if your not tied down, and not disabled, Why didnt you help build the wall?

This will help many get a foot up in the world, such as hurricane victims, people dealt a bad hand because of a juvenile felony, etc. In the first year one could make over $16,000 tax free without having to pay for any living expenses. After 1 year of continuous service you get a $2,000 bonus.

The project time would be based on the number of people who show up. The wall would be hand stacked brick and mortar. It would start 30 feet underground and go up 30 feet above the ground. Razor wire would cover the base on each side, the top, and half way up on each side.

This would be one of the greatest projects of our time. To those that say it cant be done, you should go visit the Panama Canal.

You cant beat solving problems and creating opportunity at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Annex Mexico and Central America to the Panama Canal -- a natural choke point.

Promise 40 acres and a plasma TV to anyone crazy enough to colonize the area.

Native resistance should be met with a military response.

Sometimes, the old ways are the best ways.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Annex Mexico and Central America to the Panama Canal -- a natural choke point.

Promise 40 acres and a plasma TV to anyone crazy enough to colonize the area.

Native resistance should be met with a military response.

Sometimes, the old ways are the best ways.

+1

More likely, just"buy" mexico.  Offer modern incentives (not 40 acres and a tv) to business to develop the area.  Time to expand America.  A great nation with no frontier is not a great nation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Several HUGE military bases right on the border.    BP patroling in between.  Huge navy base at the border at the pacific border [ move the city, tough shit ].  Huge navy base at the gulf of America end [ gotta change that name, fuck mexico ].

Military ain't going to put up with any illegals walking across their bases. Lots of live ammo practice going on. Arty ranges. Bombing ranges. Shooting ranges. All, right ON the border.

rj

Actually, they routinely walk through military bombing and small arms ranges all of the time.  Sometimes leading to cancelled/delayed operations.  When this happens in these parts, the Marine base calls the BP to gather up the aliens.  Now, if they trained a few units to work the groups themselves, everyone would make out.  Not sure how this would work though.    
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Well patrolled wall with ground sensors and orders to shoot on sight,  Kind of like they have at groom lake.  Then to deepen the protection, make it a jailable offense to hire illegals.  Cut out all social programs that they are taking  advantage of,  and make it 5 years hard labor prior to your deportation if your caught here illegally.  And last but not least.  Just to make it a bitch. Make it mandatory that your not allowed to speak any language but English in any government office  on any level (city, county, state, fed)  That'd fix it pretty quick but not totally.  Nothing would fix it totally.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Kinky Friedman, a DEMOCRAP running for the governor of Texas, has an interesting proposal to combat illegal border crossings called the 'Five Mexican General Plan.'

Here's Kinky explaining it himself:

"The 'Five Mexican Generals Plan', which was suggested to me by my adviser on border issues, former Texas Ranger Joaquin Jackson. We divide the border into five jurisdictions, assign each one to a Mexican general, and put two million dollars into bank accounts that we control, one for each general. Then, each time we catch an illegal crossing through a general’s jurisdiction, we withdraw five thousand dollars from that account. That’ll solve the problem ... The Hispanic activists I’ve talked to say it’s crazy enough that it just might work..."

Eric The(Don'tAsk,Don'tTell...WhatHappenedToCurbTheFlow)Hun

Holly crap man, that is probably one of the best ideas I have heard in a while.  It actually might work, but of course the Mexican Gov would never let this happen.  Not while money sent from the US is the second largest source of outside revenue they receive.  Pretty creative thinking though.  Smart dude.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your share for this comes to $2000/yr. above what you are paying now in taxes.  You can simply add it as an extra to your 1040 in a few weeks.  No complaining about the taxes it takes to accomplish your own desires.  

Bullshit

It will pay for itself in all of the unpaid hospital bills and policing that the border states deal with.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top