Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 8:43:05 AM EDT
Hi guys,

I just recently tried to do my taxes online.  I usually use EZ Tax Return, or Taxact online.com.  These two programs have proven very easy to use and I get my return very quickly.

I qualify for the Lifelong Learning tax credit wich allows me to write off some of the tuition I paid over the last year.

When I came to the part dealing with writing off tuition, the program (I tried both) said that because of Hurricane Katrina the proper forms, specificlly #8063 have not been released by the government yet.

My question is:  Does anyone out there know when this form is going to be released?

I really want to get these damn taxes done so I can start my 9mm SBR build!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Stangle
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#1]
tag for answer
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think that applies to you unless you did live in that area.

I've done my taxes with TaxCut and it gave me the proper credit for Lifetime Learning, which is 20% of qualifying expenses up to $10K I believe.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Just checked Taxact online.com and I guess the forms have been submitted.  I had'nt cheched for about 2 weeks.

Finished my taxes just now and will order my new rifle parts as soon as I get that juicy check deposited into my account.

I tell you, if anyone is looking for an easy online tax service, this is the one.  It even allows you to fully itemize your return if you need to do that.

www.taxactonline.com

Cost me $15.00 and I just had it taken out of my return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top