Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:36:36 AM EDT
I thought the following recommendation was rather humurous in relation to preventing head injuries.  Its the last bullet:  

In most cases, vertigo cannot be prevented. However, some cases of vertigo are caused by head injuries. Taking the following safety measures can help lower your risk of getting a head injury that might lead to vertigo.

* Wear your seat belt when you are traveling in a motor vehicle. Secure young children in age-appropriate child car seats.

*Do not use alcohol or other drugs before playing sports or when operating an automobile or other equipment.

*Wear a helmet and other protective clothing whenever you are biking, motorcycling, skating, kayaking, horseback riding, skiing, snowboarding, rock climbing, or participating in any high-speed or impact sport.

*Wear a hard hat if you work in a construction job or in an industrial area.

*Do not dive into shallow or unfamiliar water.

*Do not keep firearms in your home. If you must keep firearms, lock them up and store them unloaded and uncocked. Lock ammunition in a separate area.

Information obtained from here.

WTF???I guess we all know that firearms consistently fall of the wall and hit young children in the head.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Do they have a link for email comments?  Perhaps we should educate them...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#2]
They're simply a front for the AMA, and the AMA is very anti-gun.  Just read almost any page on the site, and it contains very little information except for an ad for the medical cartel.  There's very little information on how to deal with health problems.z
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#3]
My reply to them:

The information provided on firearms in this webpage is complete fiction. Doctors kill more people a year than guns. According to statistics provided by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, there is an interesting correlation between accidental deaths caused by guns and by doctors.  

Doctors: A There are 700,000 physicians in the U.S.
B Accidental deaths caused by physicians total 120,000 per year.
C Accidental death percentage per physician is 0.171.

Guns: A There are 80 million gun owners in the U.S.
B There are 1,500 accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups.
C The percentage of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.0000188.

Statistically, then, doctors are 9,000 times more dangerous to the public health than gun owners.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Cleetus the Firearms Cardinal says:

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My reply to them:

The information provided on firearms in this webpage is complete fiction. Doctors kill more people a year than guns. According to statistics provided by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, there is an interesting correlation between accidental deaths caused by guns and by doctors.  

Doctors: A There are 700,000 physicians in the U.S.
B Accidental deaths caused by physicians total 120,000 per year.
C Accidental death percentage per physician is 0.171.

Guns: A There are 80 million gun owners in the U.S.
B There are 1,500 accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups.
C The percentage of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.0000188.

Statistically, then, doctors are 9,000 times more dangerous to the public health than gun owners.

I'm sure they've never heard that one before
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm sure they've never heard that one before

They don't surf pro-gun website like you and I, so they might not have heard it before.  So you either formulate a more compelling argument, or grab a cup of WebMD Kewl-Aid, or shut your pie hole.

Sent :  Wednesday, February 1, 2006 1:25 PM
To :  txgp17
Subject :  WebMD Health Online Auto-response  

Thank you for submitting your email to WebMD Health (http://my.webmd.com?src=eg). Our Customer Support Team is currently processing your email. Please bear in mind that our customer support hours are Monday through Friday from 8AM - 5PM Eastern Time.

Due to the large volume of emails we receive each day, we may not get to yours immediately, but we will get to it. In the meantime, we created an FAQ section to help answer the most common questions we receive. You will find the FAQ page section directly by clicking (or cutting and pasting into your internet browser) the following URL: http://my.webmd.com/content/article/105/107887.htm.

Please do not respond to this email. It is automatically generated and will not be seen by the Customer Service Team. Thanks again for sending us your comments and thanks for using WebMD Health.  

If you think you have a medical emergency, please call your personal physician or dial 911 immediately.

Sincerely,  
Customer Support Team  
WebMD Health

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top