Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
FWIW, I wear Oakley Half Jackets, XLJ.  I love em, they're black framed black lenses.  I'd go ahead and splurge on polarized lenses.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:58:53 AM EDT
[#2]
prescription sunglasses from Walmart without the presciption.  Metal frames are sturdier, price is about $100 or less, can get the lenses coated anyway you want, great all around deal!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Serengetis.

Glass lenses, made by Corning. Even the polarized ones are glass and the film is between two layers of glas and will not wear out or off.

Good frames.

Good color, in bright sun I can feel my face relax when I put them on.  In lower light, there is good color depth.

ETA, ZERO scratches in 4 years.  Try that with $120-$350 PLASTIC lenses.  All the coatings in the world won't help against a drop onto pavement.   I have dropped my Serengetis, lens down, onto concrete, wiped them off and kept going.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Three pairs of Oakleys.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:12:31 AM EDT
[#5]
standard issue aviator's glasses by randolph aviation. keeps out uv, scratch resistant, shatterproof. love the classics!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I wear Oakleys
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a pair of Ray-Ban metal frame, spring hinge, glass lens sunglasses that I bought in 1999.  I've been extremely happy with them, and with the service.  I dropped them, a lens shattered, and when I called to ask about repair, they said send them in and they'd give me an estimate.  Instead of an estimate, they replaced the lens, polished the frame where it had hit the ground, and sent them back without charging me a cent.

These are pretty close.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Whatever Oakley model you like, as long as they arent counterfit.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Oakley XX (twenties), half jackets, minutes.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Well......... according to the general motoring public, us truck drivers dont wear sunglass'
We either have on horse blinders or are blind. So sunlight is irrelevant
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Stay away from non USA made RayBans. A friend of mine used to work for them and he said quality has dropped significantly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Ocean Waves--gotta love the lifetime guarantee. I slammed mine in a car door and shattered the frame. Sent the remains back to Ocean Waves along with $6 for shipping. Got a brand new pair in about a week.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#13]
First there was an Oakley M Frame with red Iridium...
Then the XX 5.56/Ice
then the XX Black/Red Iridium Polarized
then the Half Jacket Black on Black Polarized

Now with several lenses for the Mframe and the half jackets...

All are still serviceable and in use.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Oakely Juliet Plasma/Fire
& cheapies from Walgeens are what I wear most often

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#15]
About 2 yrs after I got my Oakley Juliets (I got them when they first arrived on the market), I found the lenses had both shattered (looked like tree rings) without any scratches or nicks on the front or rear surfaces.  Oakley said they were out of warranty and normally lens replacement was $75 but they only charged me $25 for the out of warranty repair because I convinced them that I did not damage the lenses.  They had me send them to their metallurgy department to research it and they sent me a brand new pair.  The new ones have slimmer temple arms and my new pair has NO SERIAL NUMBER!!!  WTF???  Oh well, it has been several years and no problems!  They are sweet!  Only problem is sunlight reflecting from the inside surface into the eye.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well......... according to the general motoring public, us truck drivers dont wear sunglass'

thats because you cut me off at the very last instant as I am about to pass on the left

Ohio truck drivers seem notorious for this
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Rudy Project Rydon (not Rydon SX)

+1

I just ordered these;

Dammit I cant get the pic to load
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ocean Waves--gotta love the lifetime guarantee. I slammed mine in a car door and shattered the frame. Sent the remains back to Ocean Waves along with $6 for shipping. Got a brand new pair in about a week.

us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/sunglassesgiant_1882_137541252

A huge +1. I have had mine for 7 years
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I just ordered these;
www.e-rudy.com/pages/images/products/Sunglasses/Rydon/mlaser_blue_lg.gif

whew!  I thought I was the only one .  Your link show httpS on it, may be preventing the hotlinking.

www.e-rudy.com/pages/sunglasses/rydon.htm
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Oakley M-Frames.....double as my shooting glasses.

I've had a couple of pair of the REVO's, and really like the glass.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#22]
bastards
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#23]
$10 ones I bought at the grocery store checkout.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm also looking for new glasses. I'm leaning towards Oakley.
I have two criteria:

1. VERY flexible frames- big cranium means I keep breaking frames due to stress (Put your glasses on. Then place two fingers between the "arms" and your temples, on both sides.  That's the kind of stress I put on the frames) .

2. I sometimes ride my motorcycle without a helmet (legal here). So, I want to make sure there's no draft/wind in the nose/bridge/corner of eye area.

I've stayed away from Oakley, because I've had reports (by actual owners) that they keep breaking the frames. Any input on this?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm also looking for new glasses. I'm leaning towards Oakley.
I have two criteria:

1. VERY flexible frames- big cranium means I keep breaking frames due to stress (Put your glasses on. Then place two fingers between the "arms" and your temples, on both sides.  That's the kind of stress I put on the frames) .

2. I sometimes ride my motorcycle without a helmet (legal here). So, I want to make sure there's no draft/wind in the nose/bridge/corner of eye area.

I've stayed away from Oakley, because I've had reports (by actual owners) that they keep breaking the frames. Any input on this?

never happened to me, but my pairs are metal. If you have a big head, try the Romeo x-metals, sweet glasses and they are for the pumpkin head crowd
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Absolutely love my Oakley X-Metal XX sunglasses.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Raybans.  Always.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Raybans.  Always.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=44819

Will they take a full power shot from that rifle (or your 45-70) ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Raybans.  Always.

Nope, but I try to use my shoulder to absorb recoil, not my glasses.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats because you cut me off at the very last instant as I am about to pass on the left

Ohio truck drivers seem notorious for this

Won't meeee, I don't go to OH, just because of the 10 mph speed diff.
BUT, Id do it just to piss off the voting OHioians for putting up with such a stupid law! J/K
Do you think a 10 mph diff. is safe?

Sorry for he hi-jack
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I currently own 4 pairs of Raybans.  I bought the first pair 11 years ago.  I've learned to buy a spare pair of lenses for my sun glasses.  Usually by the time I need to replace them they don't make them anymore.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I wear Cheapy's. If I spend any kind of coin on a pair off glasses they are doomed to be dropped, scratched, lost, or sat on within a matter of days.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/sunglassesgiant_1882_137541252

Big+1 I have the Venezula Offshore blue polarized  Best glasses period!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#36]
I either wear Gargoyles Classic in Black Ice, or dark tinted safety glasses.   Uvex's go  for under $15 and there is no question about protection.

Ops
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Raybans.  Always.

Nope, but I try to use my shoulder to absorb recoil, not my glasses.

LOL - Box 'o Truth!!

Although I don't have any glasses to donate to mythbust these ANSI ratings and such of the various glasses
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I have, at least, one of each of the XMetal Oakley Line, with the exception of the Penny's (too small for my giant noggin).

My favorite of the entire group is the new Romeo2's:

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I just ordered these;

whew!  I thought I was the only one .  Your link show httpS on it, may be preventing the hotlinking.

www.e-rudy.com/pages/sunglasses/rydon.htm

Ok now I feel stupid

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Was an Oakley fan until I bought my first pair of Maui Jim's, won't go back to Oakley now
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top