Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/31/2006 6:04:37 PM EDT
What happened with that whole thing in the end? Anyone have a link to the story? (not the video)
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:07:44 PM EDT
I dont think he was able to pull through
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:17:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 6:18:29 PM EDT by wildearp]

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
What happened with that whole thing in the end? Anyone have a link to the story? (not the video)

HE IS STILL DEAD.

fyi, it is on snopes with the story. google will set you free.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:19:48 PM EDT
Still no remedy for a sukcing head wound.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:26:57 PM EDT
Kind of funny how the cop hurriedly snatches all his personal belongings before the yellow tape is brought in. He displayed remarkable presence of mind.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:38:42 PM EDT
Never heard about it.

What happened?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:43:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 6:47:56 PM EDT by llanero]

Originally Posted By jblachly:
Never heard about it.

What happened?

A guy shhoots a cop and he gets caught. Cops recover the gun used in the shooting, perp gets passed from one cop to another whilst everyone thinks someone else has frisked him.
Video is from an interrogation room. Cop brings the guy in, seats him, leaves and brings him some water, leaves again. At this point, the perp pulls out a 1911, flicks off the safety and puts a slug in his brain. Kind of nasty.

ETA that the only reason this video saw light of day was because hispanic groups accused the cops of executing the guy whilst in custody. So the PD (was it San Diego? I dunno) released the video to show the fools what truly happened. Then the hispanic groups charged the police with providing the gun to the perp so he could off himself. Incredible.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:47:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By llanero:

A guy shhoots a cop and he gets caught. Cops recover the gun used in the shooting, perp gets passed from one cop to another whilst everyone thinks someone else has frisked him.
Video is from an interrogation room. Cop brings the guy in, seats him, leaves and brings him some water, leaves again. At this point, the perp pulls out a 1911, flicks off the safety and puts a slug in his brain. Kind of nasty.

Too bad all criminals aren't given this chance when they are arrested.

I bet the prisons would be a lot less crowded.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:47:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 6:48:08 PM EDT by AZ-K9]

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

An occlusive dressing will work sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:52:19 PM EDT
I actually watched this video earlier tonight, found it laying around on my server. I chuckled.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:53:23 PM EDT
Snopes .... take it for what its worth.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:07:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 7:14:50 PM EDT by llanero]

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:

An occlusive dressing will work sometimes.

Something in the order of this:

1)Raise the casualty's head slightly if lying down and is not acummulating fluids in the throat.
2)Turn the casualty's head to the side opposite the wound if the wound is bleeding into the mouth or throat.
3)If unconscious, treat as a potential neck or spinal injury.
4)Expose wound by removing helmet, if necessary.
WARNING: Do not push brain matter back into skull, do not clean wound or put pressure on it.
5. Apply dressing.

Combined with this:

1) Tear open the wrapper of casualty's dressing to create a flat surface.
2) Place the inside surface directly ove the wound as the casualty exhales.
3) Hold in place until dressing is applied to maintain tight air seal.
4) If the casualty's condition worsens (difficulty in breathing, blue skin, shortness of breath)
after placing the dressing, quickly lift or remove and then replace the airtight dressing.

Should do the trick on a "Sucking Head Wound".
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:11:00 PM EDT
IIRC, the guy was an illegal alien who had shot an officer who was trying to arrest him for some other crime...he bolted from that, was caught, but apparently he wasn't frisked very well.

I have the video as well...near as I can figure, he saved everyone a whole lotta money and time.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:17:08 PM EDT

You can't just put your ID up to it to form a good seal?
Top Top