Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 5:18:42 PM EDT
Well I'm working as a landman now and they have been paying me by the day with no taxes taken out. We have been broke lately so I have had to use my whole check to pay the bills and haven't been holding any taxes out.
Currently I have recieved 18K the past three months and have held nothing back for taxes.

What is the best thing to do in my suitation? How much do I owe as of today? What would be a good amount to hold back each month? My checks are normally about 6k per month. Should i pay every /4?
What forms do I need to pick up? or should i just get an accountant to handly this.  Also can I write anything off?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just clueless on taxes.
thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
what is a landman?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Spend the $20 and get TaxCut from H&R Block, it's good.  You will probably owe several thousand on that 18K though.

It'll ask you all of the pertinent questions for deductions, credits, etc.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Is taxcut a program?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top