Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 12:34:07 PM EDT
update:
I got a Linksys/Cisco SPA-941

Very pleased.  They also sell a 942 which has ethernet passthru and PoE but I am very, very pleased with this phone.  ANyone have any questions about it feel free to IM me.

I am most interested in reviews and firsthand or secondhand experiences with the following

Polycom 501
Snom 320 or 360
Linksys SPA-941

But will be happy to listen to tales of other SIP phones.

I have asterisk set up and am wiring my home (and setting up some WiFi access points as well) for IP telephony.  I found a provider that will sell DIDs for $1 month or toll-free 8XX DIDs for $2 mo, with 1.1c/minute calls inbound or outbound.

As far as I can tell, the Polycom looks like it has too many buttons.  The Linksys is a very basic phone but looks very well laid-out (you can tell it was made after Cisco took over!)
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump now that folks are home from work
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
One last bump for the night crew?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I switched to Sunrocket.  I just use my normal phone.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I switched to Sunrocket.  I just use my normal phone.

Yeah .. it's hard being on the cutting edge ;)

Maybe brasspile or Subnetmask use a SIP phone.  Can't say I'm surprised nobody here does considering how esoteric they are.

Thanks for your input scrum.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#5]
rule #1  never call ISP tech support while talking on same phone.  the first step is to unplug the modem and router

i have a couple customers with a linksys box.   they like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top