BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2006 11:10:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Around my work we call it Bareback or Backdoor mountain but we try to keep it down when we do.

As far as I know we have but one gay person in the building and he is ah, in the closet as it were.
Be careful out there, you never know whom may be listening.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
He who dares not offend cannot be honest.

Thomas Paine

ETA

He who dares not offend can't open his yap.

Callgood
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I work at ASU, so I always am careful about even thinking thoughts like that.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#4]
L.T.  just a reminder, this is Texas and we have a saying that goes, "F*ckem if they can't take a joke!"  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Gee, you spoke the truth out loud?

What a dumbass!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Was talking with a friend/co worker about broke back mountain getting nominated for all this awards and kinda said out loud that we have become so PC that a fag movie is the biggest buzz in hollywood. Well, apparently the guy in the next cubicle...shall we say....lives the broke back lifestyle. Gave me a digusted look and told me not to say derogatory comments out loud.

Just waiting to hear from my placement firm to see when my last day will be.

Fuck him. You're a better person for having spoken your mind.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Well you got a few hours left maybe you can drill a hole through the divider between the 2 cubicles and shove your "peace offering" through it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well you got a few hours left maybe you can drill a hole through the divider between the 2 cubicles and shove your "peace offering" through it.

INSERT FOOT HERE.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm sure he cried to HR and this compnaies HR is probably contacting my contracting firm right now. They'll probably wait till the end of the day to tell me not to come in tommorow.

My advice, don't worry about it. If it happens then it happens, but there is also a very good chance that he made his comment and will let it go at that. My experience with queers in the workplace has been that they tend to let remarks like that go. No one likes a tattletail and the homos know it. If you had slapped him on the ass or called HIM a fag then it might be a different story. But just having him overhear you say the word fag probably isn't going to get you fired. He probably said his peace and that'll be the end of it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Tell HR you were offended when he referred to you as a "breeder".

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#12]
screw PC ...punch that little fag right in the nose on your way out the door ..
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#13]
www.kbrjobs.com

Good money, tax free, travel, adventure.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Just look over into his cubicle and repeat these words,

“You sure got a purty mouth.”  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#15]
At least it was only your mouth and not your Johnson that got you into trouble.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#16]
You should have been working instead of talking about queer movies.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#18]
sue 'em for not accepting YOUR cultural diversity!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Was talking with a friend/co worker about broke back mountain getting nominated for all this awards and kinda said out loud that we have become so PC that a fag movie is the biggest buzz in hollywood. Well, apparently the guy in the next cubicle...shall we say....lives the broke back lifestyle. Gave me a digusted look and told me not to say derogatory comments out loud.

Just waiting to hear from my placement firm to see when my last day will be.

There is a saying in German (likely an Austrian saying), a very old one, roughly translated: "Who listens on the wall hears his own shame/disgrace."   Sounds like it applies.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#20]
you should have apologized.

If someone says, "i hate stupid gun owners" you would've been offended too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#21]
You weren't in direct conversation with him, and you were discussing a movie in political terms.  I don't see what they can fire you for.  As long as you didn't confront him over his lifestyle choice, and you stopped talking about it when he spoke up you should be good to go.  At the very most, I would think this might get you a warning.  Good luck!  And your statement was 100% correct by the way.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#22]
What, he can't take a fag joke?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Whatever happened to doing work at work?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#24]
You should probably still apologize.

If he didn't rat you out, then you have certainly broken the ice with your new gay friend.

Maybe he'll invite you to a couple parties.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#25]
If you want to keep your job, give him a reacharound, it's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

INSERT PENIS HERE.

You make me wonder some times.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

INSERT PENIS HERE.

You make me wonder some times.....

[Porky's) He's coming for it....Heeees coming for it.....Heeeeeeeees almost there...[Porky's]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

INSERT FOOT HERE.

That was my post.
It was edited by PSywarrior, he thinks he is funny.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Well you guys may be right. Managed to leave work and no calls from my contract placement firm.

And you want to move back to CA?  You sure your mouth can exert that kind of control when you're employed out there?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Just as a foot note, LT is closer to the truth, as a contract worker all it takes is the company to call his company and tell them he's no longer acceptable and he's history
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:52:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Make a complation agaisn the fag for calling you a breeder.

My God- diversity training is what got this country into the bullshit mess it is in right now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Also just found out the firm I am working for won some Gay and Lesbian employer of the year award.

That would probably have been useful knowledge ahead of time.

Sorry you have to sit through some BS "diverstiy" training.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Also just found out the firm I am working for won some Gay and Lesbian employer of the year award.

Better eat your crow before you're forced to actually try to kill one for sustenance.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:01:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Well the bastard is not here this morning and I guess he did go crying to HR. I got an email this morning verbally being reprimanded for my actions and have to take an online diversity training which has to be completed by Friday. Better than having my contract ended I guess.

Oh, dear God that sucks. Talk about bad luck...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Words I have used in sentences at work thus far...

"Raghead"
"Towelhead"
"N1gger"
"Spic"
"Rice eater"
"Cracker ass"

Those are what comes to mind right off. Theres been, believe it or not, worse.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Well the bastard is not here this morning and I guess he did go crying to HR. I got an email this morning verbally being reprimanded for my actions and have to take an online diversity training which has to be completed by Friday.

Have fun with it.  Poke holes it their arguments.  Translate all of your answers to Esperanto, then submit them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would probably have been useful knowledge ahead of time.

Yeah tell me about it. That is a big "DOH!!!" But yeah that is kinda funny..... I sure do know how to offend the right folks. My dad always said I was an over achiever.

We've got to be careful around here, 'cause we've got one in the office.

I went to have lunch with my Fiancee once and he was there having lunch with his 'boyfriend'.  

Crazy shit, I tell you.

Suckage about the diversity training.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Fuck them.  Tell them you have Tourette’s Syndrome fuckyouverymuch and you cannot control what comes out of your mouth cocksuckingasshole.

I frequently have Tourette’s Syndrome of the keyboard cumguzzlingdramaqueen

You will be PROTECTED by the ADA!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Wow that sucks.  Just tell them you are already sensitive to the "diversity" issue, that's why you where talking about it in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#45]
A couple of girls at work did the same thing the other day and a "Gay Female Nurse" overheard and kinda told them off
You gotta be careful nowadays especially in the workplace

On a lighter note

Me and a co-worker are sitting around and two nurses walk by ( we know them both )
One's a girl with a notorious promiscuous reputation and the other a guy
So my co-worker let's out a "Hey what's up gorgeous !"
The girl totally ignores him and then the guy turns around and says " Oh not too much "

The look on his face was priceless he was thrown off for the rest of the night    
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#46]
From the trial of Her Majesty vs. Oscar Wilde (1895):

QC Prosecutor Gill: What is "the love that dares not speak its name?"

Wilde: "The love that dares not speak its name" in this century is such a great affection of an elder for a younger man as there was between David and Jonathan, such as Plato made the very basis of his philosophy, and such as you find in the sonnets of Michelangelo and Shakespeare. It is that deep spiritual affection that is as pure as it is perfect. It dictates and pervades great works of art, like those of Shakespeare and Michelangelo, and those two letters of mine, such as they are. It is in this century misunderstood, so much misunderstood that it may be described as "The love that dares not speak its name," and on that account of it I am placed where I am now. It is beautiful, it is fine, it is the noblest form of affection. There is nothing unnatural about it. It is intellectual, and it repeatedly exists between an older and a younger man, when the older man has intellect, and the younger man has all the joy, hope and glamour of life before him. That it should be so, the world does not understand. The world mocks at it, and sometimes puts one in the pillory for it."

In the intervening years since 1895...sodomy has gone from the 'love that dares not speak its name', to the 'love that cannot keep its mouth shut while denying anyone else the right to speak of it.'

I have always held that the penalty for homosexualty is the crime itself.

Eric The(Enough!)Hun
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#47]
LT, glad it all worked out okay and I agree with what TimJ said about holding up well...man, moving from state to state, going through a hurricane, I salute you.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#48]
You're fine. Words and actiosn do not become harrassment UNTIL someone tells you they don't like it or to stop. If you continue from then on it is harrassment. I worked with a woman that an employee was basically stalking and really, really crazy shit. HE wasn't fired because she admitted she never told him she did not want him to speak to her.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#49]

me thinks I might get lose my contract gig

Wow did someone set you up the bomb.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top