Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:42:49 AM EDT
In December, he was bragging that the Democrats had killed it.  Today?

Washington, DC—Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid released the following statement today on the reauthorization of provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act.

“This Friday, a small number of provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act are due to expire. Congress is already working to make sure that doesn’t happen. Work is underway on another 6-week extension, and Senate Democrats stand ready to provide law enforcement with all necessary tools to keep Americans safe from terrorism.”

”Democrats supported the original Patriot Act that passed in 2001, we supported the reauthorization bill that passed the Senate unanimously last summer, and we support reauthorization of the Patriot Act now with modest improvements. We must give government the tools it needs to fight the terrorists, but the checks we need to stop it from abusing its powers”

”Democrats are committed to protecting Americans from terrorism. We do not want the Patriot Act to expire, and there is no reason that it should.”

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm... I wonder what is motivation for denouncing the act and then supporting.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hmmmm... I wonder what is motivation for denouncing the act and then supporting.

He's psychotic?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Because they just got their asses plowed by the Republicans over Alito and are looking for anything that will make them appear to be doing 'good' in the eyes of the public.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Because if the Patriot Act is not renewed and something happend that the PA could have prevented, they can kiss getting back into power goodbye
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#5]
They danced to the kook base's tune and got burned hard for it.  Now they are going to lurch to the center and hope they fool enough people into thinking they mean what they say.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

it's called pulling a "kerry"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Election year: When politicians pretend to stand for what you stand for, in hopes of tricking you into voting for them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

reminded him who is actualy running things.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
A US senator died and appeared before the pearly gates.  St. Peter says to him, "Well, you haven't been a very good person in life, but you don't deserve hell either.  Under these circumstances, you get to decide."
"Uh, I'm pretty sure I want to go to heaven."
"Sorry, these are the rules.  You will spend one day in hell, and one day and heaven, and then you can decide."
So the man was sent to hell.  But it turned out to be nothing like the image he had in his mind.  Hell was beautiful.  As he entered, Satan introduced himself, and offered to play golf with him.  The man agreed, and they had a great day.  The weather was beautiful, and there was no wind.  He had never sunk a putt so easily in his life.
After that he went to a very nice resturaunt and had the best meal he had ever had.  That night he slept in a bed fit for a king.
He woke up refreshed and ready for another day.  But suddenly he appeared at the pearly gates again.  "Now,"  Said St. Peter, "You will spend a day in heaven."  The man suddenly appeared in heaven.  The man found it to be quite boring - not much to do but play the harp and walk in circles on the clouds.
The next day the man appeared before the pearly gates again, and St. Peter asked, "So, what is your decision?"
"Well, I never thought I'd say this, but hell was a really nice place, and heaven was boring.  I have to decide on hell."
"You sure?  You can't change your mind."
"Yes, I'm sure."
"OK."  The man then found himself in hell. But instead of the place he had seen before, he found a place filled with molten sulfur and the screams of turtured souls.  Satan appeared before him and said in a sinister voice, "Welcome back!"
"What happened?"  Said the man, distraught.  "this place was wonderful!"
"Oh, that.  We were campaigning for you.  Today, you elected us!"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Harry Reid, meet Harry Reemes,

He's here to show you what you have been doing to the electorate all these years......now bend over.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#11]
he voted for it before he voted against it
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought I warned everyone to shut the fuck up about my Senator and not talk shit.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#13]
He's a fart in the skillet.
About a trustworthy as a fat chick in a pastry shop.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted: "What happened?"  Said the man, distraught.  "this place was wonderful!" "Oh, that.  We were campaigning for you.  Today, you elected us!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top