Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:37:32 AM EDT
Just heard it on ABC World News Now a female postal worker (possibly was fired recently) went postal and was shooting up the place. Didn't hear if anyone got nailed or not.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#1]
On my MSN it said she got 3.

SHE.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:49:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought they had laws against this sort of thing that would prevent this sort of thing from ever happening, I mean they restricts assault weapons in CA, why did it not work?  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:05:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought they had laws against this sort of thing that would prevent this sort of thing from ever happening, I mean they restricts assault weapons in CA, why did it not work?  

Exactly, how can this shit keep happening in CA?  You'd think with all the weapons up here in Alaska this would be a daily occurrence.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:17:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly, how can this shit keep happening in CA?  You'd think with all the weapons up here in Alaska this would be a daily occurrence.
~Dg84

Well there was that gang thing in Anchorage a couple days ago.  I wish the little bastards were better shots, they just keep wounding eachother.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:19:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Where are you guys hearing that the shooter was a woman? all the sites got their scoop from AP and they're leaving out any ID of the shooter.

Which probably means it's a minority.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:41:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Probably pissed at home prices.

Max
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:44:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to work at that PO Plant years ago. (retired)
Fired Female employee 2 years ago snuck in the Plant and capped 3.
IIRC that building has a barbed wire fence surrounding the place with an electronic gate (badge pass entry). Once inside you need to flash an entry pass to open the door. How the fook did she get in.
May have zoomed in behind another car before the slow gate closed.
I don't have names yet. Will call my contacts out there when more info arrives.
Freakin' nuts
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Death toll is now six, and killer commits suicide
according to Santa Barbara News Press.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:32:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Impossible. I'm going to Snopes.

We all know California is a gun-free paradise. This can't be true.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:33:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

New York too!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#12]
wonderful  im shipping a rifle USPS in about an hour  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I haven't heard of someone going postal in a while
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:40:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Someone help me here......I dont get it.....isnt there a law against bringing a weapon into a post office? If there are laws on the books about this, how could crime still exist?

I am very troubled by this....see.....this is what happens when the AWB gets lifted.
If Bush hadnt found the AWB in violation of the constitution and reverse the decision, we wouldnt be in this mess. Gun control could saved those poor people.

In all seriousness.....its a shame when people fire the last shot into their head.....it removes the opportunity to punish the party appropriately. Sounds like a very troubled person...and now 6 other families have been destroyed because of her mental illness. Obviously, the laws in CA didnt keep a gun out of the hands of a raging homicidal lunatic.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Obviously, the laws in CA didnt keep a gun out of the hands of a raging homicidal lunatic.

It is also a federal offense to bring a gun into a post office.  At one time, there was decal on the front of my local PO door with a gun and red circle with a slash through it.  Like sucide bomber terrorist attacks, it would be very hard to defend against when  perpetrator is bent on killing the victims and him/herself.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:29:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

She brought a gun into a Post Office?

She's really in trouble now!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#17]
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Post-Office-Shooting.html?hp&ex=1138770000&en=bcd2df50eb399395&ei=5094&partner=homepage

The New York Times

January 31, 2006
Ex-Employee Kills Six at Post Office in California
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 8:19 a.m. ET

GOLETA, Calif. (AP) -- A female ex-postal worker opened fire at a mail processing plant, killing six people and critically wounding another before committing suicide, authorities said early Tuesday.

Deputies responding to a call of shots fired about 9:15 p.m. Monday found two people dead outside the plant.

Two wounded women were located inside and were taken to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. One died and the other was listed in critical condition early Tuesday with a gunshot wound to the head.

Nearly five hours later, deputies found four additional bodies, including one believed to be the female shooter, Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson said. The shooter, who was not identified, died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, he said.

''We do not believe there is any additional threat to the community,'' Anderson said.

The Monday night rampage sent dozens of employees running from the sprawling distribution center and prompted authorities to warn nearby residents to stay indoors.

Postal employee Charles Kronick told KEYT-TV in Santa Barbara that he was inside the building when shots rang out. Some 50 to 60 employees were seen running from the plant.

''I heard something that sounded like a pop, and then I heard a couple seconds later, another pop, pop, pop,'' Kronick said.

His boss came running over and told him to get out of the building, Kronick said, adding ''We all hightailed it out real quick.''

The victims' names were not immediately released. Sheriffs' Sgt. Erik Raney said all the victims were believed to be current employees.

A call to a U.S. Postal Service spokesman was not immediately returned early Tuesday.

The 200,000-square-foot facility is located just a few blocks from the University of California, Santa Barbara. About 300 people are employed at the plant in Goleta, about 90 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

* Copyright 2006
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:33:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No "assault" weapons, and can't carry in that or surrounding counties (unless a celebrity or politician).  I guess the carry laws stop this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:04:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Obviously, the laws in CA didnt keep a gun out of the hands of a raging homicidal lunatic.

It is also a federal offense to bring a gun into a post office. At one time, there was decal on the front of my local PO door with a gun and red circle with a slash through it.  Like sucide bomber terrorist attacks, it would be very hard to defend against when  perpetrator is bent on killing the victims and him/herself.

No, it's not. It can be, though, if it is brought into the facility for something other than "hunting or other lawful purposes."

Learn something new every day!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Dupe http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=432621   Try search
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top