Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 6:27:29 PM EDT
Family Guy.  TBS.  Anti-gun episode.  Check it out.  Over and out.

ETA - Whoopsy, didn't realize it was 27 minutes into the episode.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
further explanation please?

i don't have easy access to a TV.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Peter Griffin found out that his son had a bigger penis so he started trying all these ways to compensate.  One of the things he did was join a gun club.  They showed a gun safety video where it made fun of the idea of introducing kids to guns at an early age.  Basically just the usual "guns are dangerous" and "everyone who owns a gun is making up for something".  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Peter Griffin found out that his son had a bigger penis so he started trying all these ways to compensate.  One of the things he did was join a gun club.  They showed a gun safety video where it made fun of the idea of introducing kids to guns at an early age.  Basically just the usual "guns are dangerous" and "everyone who owns a gun is making up for something".  

You realize that it's a cartoon ... and it's a comedy.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea, but didn't you see that Jesus and Moses used guns to conquer the Romans?
h.gif
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#6]
There is also an episode with a progun slant too. TEOTWAWKI type scenario and they burn all their 'evil' guns only to be taken over by aliens.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 Family Guy makes fun of everyone.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Satire is the best way to change people's minds.
Political cartoons, etc are all very powerful.
They allow you to caricature your enemies...ever seen the way gun owners are represented in political cartoons?
Reminds me of the old cartoons of Jews and Blacks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There is also an episode with a progun slant too. TEOTWAWKI type scenario and they burn all their 'evil' guns only to be taken over by aliens.

There may have been a FG episode of that, but I know for sure there is a Simpson's Treehouse of Horror]/i] episode like that.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There may have been a FG episode of that, but I know for sure there is a Simpson's Treehouse of Horror]/i] episode like that.

Jim

Da Boom

This was the FG episode that first had the Giant Chicken
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
it's a cartoon.  Some of yo guys take this gun stuff way to seriously.  Like the people who didn't like King Kong because they precieved an anti-gun slant.  Just sit back, watch the cartoon and laugh.  If you are so personally offended by it, don't watch it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#13]
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Seriously. Get some thicker skin. Family Guy is hilarious. Like South Park, they make fun of EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. Because of this - one in awhile they make fun of something that you like.

Doesnt mean you have to rush out and express your outrage on the interweb.

And yes - there was a Family Guy where after the crash of civilization of 2000, Peter founds a new city around an old Twinkie factory. He later makes guns out of their irrigation pipes. The people throw them out and burn the guns. Just then, Mutant Stewies attack! "Get the guns, they are our only hope!"

And yeah - the Simpsons had something similar - they got rid of all their guns, only to have the ghosts of  Billy the kid and friends come back and terrorize them all.

Anyway. The moral of the story is - if you watch shows that make fun of as manythings as Family Guy, you need to either not watch, because your psyche is too delicate, or laugh at yourself and know that on the next show they will make fun of gays and jews.

That or start your letter writing campaign - but that FG episode is like 4 years old at least.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate that fucking show anyway.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
seen it several times and it's funny as hell. learn to laugh at yourself once and awhile. your future ulcer will thank you.

"squeeze me and i make bad people go away"

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hate that fucking show anyway.

But I'll bet you think you have a great sense of humor, don't you??

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Ban Family Guy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#18]
The episode aired originally back in 99 before the show was cancelled
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#19]
+1 to all the "lighten up, get a grip/thicker skin" comments

My favorite part was at the range when the Stormtrooper couldn't hit the Luke Skywalker target.

or

"You wanna touch it?  Be careful, we don't want it to get too excited and go off in your hair."

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
seen it several times and it's funny as hell. learn to laugh at yourself once and awhile. your future ulcer will thank you.

"squeeze me and i make bad people go away"

"Jesus and Moses used guns to defeat the Romans"

"The NGA does not endorse the use of guns.  You should not own, touch, handle, or clean a gun."

That was hilarious.  They also shit all over my right to own large penis shaped automobiles.  I gots to get working on my 'letter'!!!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You must have missed the American Dad episode where the NRA has an amusement park.  Fucking awesome.  

That was awesome!
I liked when Stan put his gun on the table and said "welll...go on. start killing people on your own!"
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#23]
what really does piss me off is the people that say how bleeding heart and offended people are at everything and then the moment anything goes against anything they think they freak the fuck out

its a cartoon and a funny one. God damn, get out of the house more often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top